Where the game will be won vs the storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Melbourne are a great team, coached within an inch of their lives. They make no mistakes and as has been pointed out on here many times they have players in motion every time. They win the wrestle in defence and always have one man rushing up to cut off the pass.

Having said that they can be beaten. Rolling forward in the forwards with short passes as the line will get through them just like it will any other team. When the player rushes forward 2 or three from the ruck it leaves space for the kick through along the ground. Billy Slater is in sensational form but can't do anything if he doesn't have the ball and is cramped for room.

The Dogs have all these skills and will just have to make them all work on the day.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I want to see a "Dogs of War" style defensive line. No linebreaks, no tries... Impossible you say.. well, it is all about attitude. The season so far is littered with Upsets... lets have one of our own, and not on the losing side of course.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both Newcastle & Souths have brought their A grade to beat us.

Why cant we bring our A grade to Melbourne, surprise them?

We could even win the game if we give ourselves a chance!

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Both Newcastle & Souths have brought their A grade to beat us.

Why cant we bring our A grade to Melbourne, surprise them?

We could even win the game if we give ourselves a chance!
Firstly, its "A GAME"

Secondly, we have seen a glimpse of our A GAME against the dragqueens, if we emulate that performance we will beat the storm, maybe not 13+, but at least 1-12.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant believe I typed in A grade not A game! I also did it not once but Twice!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I cant believe I typed in A grade not A game! I also did it not once but Twice!
Well ... if nothing else, you provide the LOLS.
Thank you for your double-FAIL ! :p

Back to topic : Send Joel Romelo out early, and give him a licence to belt idiots like Ryles. With all this focus on shoulder-charges going wrong, it works right into Joel's hands. He's simply too short to go making contact with anyones head, so he can go for broke !

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
back to topic : Send joel romelo out early, and give him a licence to belt idiots like ryles. With all this focus on shoulder-charges going wrong, it works right into joel's hands. He's simply too short to go making contact with anyones head, so he can go for broke !
this!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
don't drop the ball
play with vision
play for 80
try and hurt them in defence

P

Paint.

When you log on to the kennel after the game, there will either be 40 threads on 'Sack Player X' and 'We'll get the wooden spoon' and 'Sack Des' and 'Sack Ennis', or 50 threads on 'DOGS OF WAR ARE BACK' and 'DOGS FOR THE PREMIERSHIP' and 'SUCK ON IT MELBOURNE' and 'We can do it!' and 'Inspirational Speech from CK' etcetcetc...

Status
Not open for further replies.