Opinion Where is clown Khoury, where is the board crisis meetings for who appointed the fraud?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s no question Lynne and Hill made their share of mistakes but the rot started with Dib and Castle (and possibly even Greenberg) and things have hardly improved since. At the end of the day the current board has 4 of 7 directors who were there with the previous Chair and CEO and they too signed off on the appointment of Barrett, Furner, Ferris and co - so they get to wear a chunk of the current reality too.
Yeah mate I know and I was a supporter also but Chris brought a lot of shade with his business issues and I think that hurt them significantly.

Dib had to go when he did and I also agree Greenberg was also an issue as we were just a stepping stone in his corporate ambitions. The 4 carry over directors did play a role in Barrett’s signing but they weren’t steering the ship then Lynne and Chris were. (Chris from the family kitchen table). That said I am a fan of the current board and they have made some excellent steps forward including Gould. Hopefully they will handle our current situation swiftly and correctly.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking hell, no one despises Barrett’s appointment more than me. But that’s not on the current board or management and I am sure they are working behind the scenes on the best way forward.

Many decisions and signings like Gould and Kikua have been completely behind closed doors and blindsided everyone. Hopefully this current issue will be solved the same way.
Hope so

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate I know and I was a supporter also but Chris brought a lot of shade with his business issues and I think that hurt them significantly.

Dib had to go when he did and I also agree Greenberg was also an issue as we were just a stepping stone in his corporate ambitions. The 4 carry over directors did play a role in Barrett’s signing but they weren’t steering the ship then Lynne and Chris were. (Chris from the family kitchen table). That said I am a fan of the current board and they have made some excellent steps forward including Gould. Hopefully they will handle our current situation swiftly and correctly.
I actually think Dib’s main damage was before the Hasler re-signing then sacking debacle and started with the assumption of the $10m cap for 2018 which ended up being $9.4m but had already signed Foran and Woods on big dollars.

I can’t speak to any involvement of Chris after he’d resigned and you’d hope not, but outside that, Lynne was far too stubborn and could possibly still be there if she listened to others and wouldn’t. I have nothing against the current management and board but my point was they were involved in things that some dopes just ‘blame the Andersons’ for. Yes, hopefully they will steer us out of the current coaching mess, otherwise the members will punt them in 2024 too. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that - if we’re still losing by the end of 2023 there will be riots at Belmore.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely a loss to the knights will be the end of Barret in the eyes of Gus. As a fan even if we win he should be gone a proper coach would have the likes of dufty actually improving week by week and wouldn’t put up with constant ill discipline and selecting under performing players. How long is it going to take to watch a competent side which doesn’t have you wondering are we winning or getting flogged, that alone shows Barret tactically inept and has a structure which is reliant on individual brilliance not a thought out plan. Fair enough Naden knocks on first set inadvertently putting us under pressure, we go two tries down at half time. The likes of Bellamy, Bennet, or even your average coach who has a set of balls will dig into the side and adjust accordingly.

Gus having to interfere in training should make it clear there’s issues in the dressing room and Barret number 1 has NFI, number 2 can’t discipline his players and last of all cant admit to his faults which is outright appalling.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thread belongs in the shitter.
Agree too of course we can't have public lynchings..why doesnt the OP write to Khoury and the board? Serious question..
He has plenty of mates now I see and numbers are growing lol but GTD started a sack Baz thread approx 13 months ago(fact) :tearsofjoy:
Give it a fucking rest man ffs..
Agreed 100%… here we go again with another negative sack everyone thread full of negative dribble BLAH BLAH BLAH we are all frustrated yet some of us remain patient and shut our traps but I have had a gut full of these whingers, enough is enough ffs!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
See this is why us fans aren’t part of the clubs board or have any say to the current issues we face. We react so quick and let’s say we win a game we are praising the players and giving them reasons to have their contracts extended. But when we lose, it’s sack everyone.

The reason why JK hasn’t said sht is because of this and I’m so happy with the board not talking sht because it’s NOT their job to run the football side of things. That’s why we employed Gus and Gus will get us out of this sht hole. Just understand that playing chess doesn’t mean winning on the first turn.. we definitely have a plan of some sort cause Gus has proven already when he says something it’s the complete opposite… e.g nick cotric.

But Gus cannot go out offering a contract to a coach just yet and sign it for 2022 because it will completely derail our already sht season and as such.. I think 2023 is when all the action with the changes will happen IF we have a plan already in place. Cause I tell ya if we go into 2023 with reed and kikau playing sht then it’s definitely eggs on not only the team or coach but massively on Gus.

John Khoury was not elected to run the football department and he made it loud and clear when Gus came on board… however if we do have plans in 2022 for a new coach or whatever then it’s pretty much going to be a caretaker to end of year. A great coach won’t want to start this year.. it’s too late and would hurt his chances of stamping his authority on the team that’s already fkd..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are these guys ducking and dodging? When Rae & Dib were in charge at least they held press conferences and crisis meetings. Wtf are this lot doing? Burying their heads in the sand until Barrett tunnels under the sand with the new lows he has taken us to before they realise they should do something?

Where are these flops hiding and why aren't they seeking out new coaching staff??
Are you sure a clown didn’t hijack your user account and create this thread?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Saying nothing is better than saying he has the ‘full support of the board’. Says to me something is brewing behind the scenes. If anything Gus’ comments last week that Barrett would be the ‘long term coach’ and ‘be here long after I’m gone’ was more concerning. It’s a good thing though we know what Gus says and what Gus does are two different things.
Well said Dinkum, great leaders don’t air there dirty laundry outside.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
how good were the Andersons lol.. ran this club into the ground even more when they took over from dib and co and people thought Dib and Co were bad
Spot on, the Andersons WERE indeed great for the Club. For a couple of years, we actually won games, 8 or 9 or so with Pay at the helm, the players literally busting their guts for the Club and Pay. If only we could get the Andersons back and lift this great Club out of the shitter that the current woke cowboys gave put us into.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why should he be, many of us wanted to believe in the reincarnation of Bullfrog Bulldogs. Unfortunately it was no where near what the expectation was.
Expectations have been high for many years, as well S optimism.. BUT it’s all fallen very short for that same period. And year after year we just keep telling ourselves something’s gotta fucking Give .!!!!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think Dib’s main damage was before the Hasler re-signing then sacking debacle and started with the assumption of the $10m cap for 2018 which ended up being $9.4m but had already signed Foran and Woods on big dollars.

I can’t speak to any involvement of Chris after he’d resigned and you’d hope not, but outside that, Lynne was far too stubborn and could possibly still be there if she listened to others and wouldn’t. I have nothing against the current management and board but my point was they were involved in things that some dopes just ‘blame the Andersons’ for. Yes, hopefully they will steer us out of the current coaching mess, otherwise the members will punt them in 2024 too. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that - if we’re still losing by the end of 2023 there will be riots at Belmore.
I would like to see the CEO and board with us past 2024 which adds some stability moving forward.
But like you rightly mentioned they need to fix up our coaching problem, Gus or someone behind the scenes must have a plan in place.
No point in bringing in better players again next year under this current system an absolute waist of time.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on, the Andersons WERE indeed great for the Club. For a couple of years, we actually won games, 8 or 9 or so with Pay at the helm, the players literally busting their guts for the Club and Pay. If only we could get the Andersons back and lift this great Club out of the shitter that the current woke cowboys gave put us into.
The Anderson's were not great for the club, the Pay years were not great fir the club. The Tbaz years have not been great for the club. The bulldogs have been trash for years thanks to Dib, Hasler, Castle, the Anderson's and now Tbaz. I wish people would just support the dogs without these bullshit factional narratives

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to see the CEO and board with us past 2024 which adds some stability moving forward.
But like you rightly mentioned they need to take fix up our coaching problem, Gus or someone behind the scenes must have a plan in place.
No point in bringing in better players again next year under this current system an absolute waist of time.
Agree mate - we’re already seeing good players regress - we can’t add more to that list.