WHERE HAVE THE CROWDS GONE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When a stunning Sunday afternoon in Sydney can only attract a crowd of 15,000 at ANZ between the Bulldogs & Roosters, the NRL should take notice. But alas Greenberg & his muppets won't.
The crowd numbers in 2017 have been a disaster. Attendances on a Thursday night have been horrendous. In Sydney the average crowd is just over 9K, which I'm sure is inflated.
The NRL don't care that rugby league is now a stay at home sport. The most boring part of the year is still to come. Sure, we'll get 70,000 at ANZ for origin 2, but watch the NRL crowd numbers plummet even further.
Does anyone go to footy on a Thursday night ? I don't finish work until 5.30pm.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
they are playing it safe, if the players are not willing to be adventurous with chip and chases ect then it gets a bit predictable

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The cost is fucked up. $100 for an adult and child. $25 parking. Add food. 1hr to get out of the car park. 4pm kick off *well 420 kick off. Or 8pm kick off in winter is bloody cold to just sit there. Game day atmosphere isnt there. The nrl and clubs dont give a rats about supporters. So why become a member or why give your hard earned when all that matters is tv and corporate money.

Last edited:

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cost is fucked up. $100 for an adult and child. $25 parking. Add food. 1hr to get out of the car park. 4pm kick off *well 420 kick off. Or 8pm kick off in winter is bloody cold to just sit there. Game day atmosphere isnt there. The nrl and clubs dont give a rats about supporters. So why become a member or why give your hard earned when all that matters is sponsorship money.
Yep im with you on this. Too expensive to get in, park your car. Too cold for kids and too late they fall asleep during game. Plus I'm from Wollongong so petrol money, 1hr drive each way. I was a member since late 90s up to 2015 season but the club has gone backwards since then.

Can't see myself attending any games in the future the way they are performing

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Scheduling has fked it up. Bring back 3pm kickoffs, sat arvo games at 3pm. get rid of Friday 6pm.
kick off should be 7.30 Thursday night.
reduce the rounds to 22

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cost is fucked up. $100 for an adult and child. $25 parking. Add food. 1hr to get out of the car park. 4pm kick off *well 420 kick off. Or 8pm kick off in winter is bloody cold to just sit there. Game day atmosphere isnt there. The nrl and clubs dont give a rats about supporters. So why become a member or why give your hard earned when all that matters is sponsorship money.
Nailed it !

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the dogs fans have a reason for not going to games what's the roosters fans reason?
Roosters fans have refused to travel since 1908, although I reckon if they played the Bulldogs at Allianz last Sunday, the crowd would have nudged 20,000
Since 2014 the Roosters have had about 2-3 games at Allianz on a .Sunday

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15000 at belmore great,anz terrible,even with my member discount it costs me,$4.50 for small water,we d members have been subsidising,the club for years,and what do we get in return?
2 years ago same game against d roosters ,we had just under 24000 ,refs,d big grounds,and a boring brand of football,all make up d big picture

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Let's see;

- NRL is soft, hence boring
- The cost for attending a game, not to mention parking and food, is through the roof
- Thursday night football is fucked (people have work/school the next day, it's no different than moving it from Monday night)
- 2 Friday night football games. Again, what's changed? Apart from moving one game to an earlier timeslot that's impossible to attend for people who work in the city
- The bunker and officials are getting worse every year
- The fans have no voice
- Multiple rules changes every fucking year mean that I am no longer watching the game I grew up loving.

I have no idea what the hell I'm watching now every weekend.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dont worry, the club has a plan to bump it up to 30,000 average home attendance by next year

im sure they can turn it around

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think as everyone else feels, we've all lost complete faith in the referees. We go to games knowing full well that the difference between a win/loss is souly down to the referee/s.

For the last 10 years now the game has gone to shit. It's predicable and a joke.

If it wasn't for my love of this club, I'd have been long gone from the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scheduling has fked it up. Bring back 3pm kickoffs, sat arvo games at 3pm. get rid of Friday 6pm.
kick off should be 7.30 Thursday night.
reduce the rounds to 22
A nice thought, but thanks to the CEO selling the soul of the game to the TV stations to schedule when it suits them for their ratings agenda, things will remain the same.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When a stunning Sunday afternoon in Sydney can only attract a crowd of 15,000 at ANZ between the Bulldogs & Roosters, the NRL should take notice. But alas Greenberg & his muppets won't.
The crowd numbers in 2017 have been a disaster. Attendances on a Thursday night have been horrendous. In Sydney the average crowd is just over 9K, which I'm sure is inflated.
The NRL don't care that rugby league is now a stay at home sport. The most boring part of the year is still to come. Sure, we'll get 70,000 at ANZ for origin 2, but watch the NRL crowd numbers plummet even further.
Does anyone go to footy on a Thursday night ? I don't finish work until 5.30pm.
Ah, but the attendances in the seats of lounge rooms have been outstanding. Just ask Todd.

TV stations really don't want you at the ground they would rather you stay at home so they improve their ratings but the Nrl still asks you to become a paid up member of the game to fill their coffers, haven't you seen the ads???

Status
Not open for further replies.