Where do the Bulldogs Finish in 2024 ?

Where do the Bulldogs Finish in 2024 ?

• Total voters

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is top 8 or bust. With our team being more connected we will see better team spirit, effort and results.

We are going to need some luck with injuries to get on a roll. Most importantly we need to start the season well. An early win streak can do wonders for confidence and belief.
So does Ciraldo get sacked if he doesn’t come top 8?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone thinks we are not favourites for the spoon at time of writing you are kidding yorsleves.

Good backline.
Mediocre spine
A horrible prop rotation of King, Patolo, Hughes, Knight and Montgomery.

Show me one weaker roster I double dare you
It's too bad that some faux supporters like yourself, have a sh!t attitude and outlook.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will survive but it will be close including the divided opinion on TK
Obviously 9th missing out by a game or differential is a lot different to second last. Will be interesting to see what Gould does but I hope it doesn’t come to it

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So does Ciraldo get sacked if he doesn’t come top 8?
Not this coming season.

Because we don't have forwards a halfback or a fullback.

No coach can coach our squad to a top 8 finish
That's just unrealistic

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was optimistic last season but not this one. No front row,no party 14th

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we finish outside the top 8 - the most important thing is we keep the same playing group. For us to gel it will take time, but soon as we move players on like we have - the process of learning to play together starts again. I think we will finish around 10th, but luck will get us there and if we are injury free.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
8th - 13th range. Our attitude in defence and training will be different. We definitely will not be finishing 14th to 17th unless we have a horrific injury curse like this year.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No prop forwards. Not expecting much.
Buy the best back line in the world,
But forwards win games.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It's too bad that some faux supporters like yourself, have a sh!t attitude and outlook.
I’m just real yo.
Is real.
Lol back through the archives and see all this blind optimism when signing barrett, T rex etc and yo ass’ll see how stupid ppl look.
Be real
We come 17th or 18th unless we scoop up a prop or two

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have a very lucky season in the injury department. If CC can pick the best 17 each week. If we pull a couple of middles out of a hat. We could finish as high as 9-10.

If we strike injuries again we are in all sorts. CC can not blindly pick and stick with players because they are a good bloke and train well. The best player for each position must be selected as such.

If lessons aren’t learned from this year. 17th is a huge possibility.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holding out for some signing news of a quality middle or two, but as it stands I think we are a bottom 4 squad, possibly the worst. Funny thing is if we had 2 quality Middles join the squad before the season starts and we could easily jump into top 8 contention. Like a lot of us agree a couple of quality Props can really elevate this squad.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we have a very lucky season in the injury department. If CC can pick the best 17 each week. If we pull a couple of middles out of a hat. We could finish as high as 9-10.

If we strike injuries again we are in all sorts. CC can not blindly pick and stick with players because they are a good bloke and train well. The best player for each position must be selected as such.

If lessons aren’t learned from this year. 17th is a huge possibility.
To be fair Cc was up against it at every turn last year.
Talk about the worst possible start to nrl coaching career.

Let's be honest, we won, what was it? 3 from 5 games to start the year.

Injuries hit us so hard it wasn't funny.
A few head knocks, suspended players, we could barely field a team.

To the point players were playing with Injuries that they normally would not play with.
Forcing players to play out of position

We had to try get nrl to agree to some exceptions just to field a team under the cap rules.

Then we had disgruntled players creating a bad vibe within the playing group, bitching to the media and causing problems that had to be dealt with.

Seriously for all those bitching at Cc, dead set no coach could have done any better.
Not ever Wayne Bennett
Let alone a rookie coach.

I am loving his hard nose approach,
Club first attitude
Success built on hard work.
Finally a bloke bringing back the real bulldog culture.

It's going to take time to weed out the weak
But it will be worth it in the end.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair Cc was up against it at every turn last year.
Talk about the worst possible start to nrl coaching career.

Let's be honest, we won, what was it? 3 from 5 games to start the year.

Injuries hit us so hard it wasn't funny.
A few head knocks, suspended players, we could barely field a team.

To the point players were playing with Injuries that they normally would not play with.
Forcing players to play out of position

We had to try get nrl to agree to some exceptions just to field a team under the cap rules.

Then we had disgruntled players creating a bad vibe within the playing group, bitching to the media and causing problems that had to be dealt with.

Seriously for all those bitching at Cc, dead set no coach could have done any better.
Not ever Wayne Bennett
Let alone a rookie coach.

I am loving his hard nose approach,
Club first attitude
Success built on hard work.
Finally a bloke bringing back the real bulldog culture.

It's going to take time to weed out the weak
But it will be worth it in the end.
Agree CC didn’t have an easy start to his coaching career with us. He is a rookie coach so I’m not hanging him out to dry. He does however need to show he has learnt a thing or two from last year.

My concerns for CC are what appears to be, he seems to be loyal to fault. He has his set process and procedures and seems to never deviate from that.

He has a Plan A and that is his only plan. He is loyal to the group. The players that put in on the training paddock and buy into his plan get the benefit. Whilst this is in principle how things should work in a team environment. When things aren’t working and you as the boss cannot pivot and find another way. Persisting with the same way and expecting things to work is just bad management in any business.

In regards to the injuries. Are they as a result or contributed to by training methods? Having so many injuries across the club. This is something that needs to be reviewed. Not saying this is CC’s soul responsibility but as head coach he is watching over the strength and conditioning work. I think it’s too much time in the gym lifting weights and not enough time running the streets and sand dunes.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we in a better position commencing preseason this year compared to last year ?? Signed a long list of other clubs rejects, still have not addressed weakness in the spine and middle. Appear to be in more of a holding pattern than chasing a top 8 spot.