Where are the Captain's sprays?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you need a happy medium between James Graham leadership style and Jacko's style.

Having a senior player lose their shit on every error becomes old very quickly and it loses it's effect in the long run. You could see this towards the end of Bupa's time at the Dogs.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching the dogs you feel like there is a serious lack of accountability within the team, and none of the senior guys like Jackson holding players accountable. Perfect example was yesterday in the first half; Okonbur and Napa were playing like dog shit yet nothing was said to them. Why isn't Jackson going over there and giving it to them? Back in the day that was the norm. Even you look at the top teams like Melbourne you can see it, when someone's playing shit you see Munster giving it to them.

I don't know if its the modern game but fuck me everytime someome makes a mistake they just get the pat on the head. For one mistake alright but then players don't feel accountable. I remember when I played and if anyone was making repeated mistakes the Captain would go over and spray them and guess what, they would always turn it around. It can't all be on the coach, players and particularly the leaders have to hold each other accountable.
We haven't had a captain for years :smirk:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the dogs you feel like there is a serious lack of accountability within the team, and none of the senior guys like Jackson holding players accountable. Perfect example was yesterday in the first half; Okonbur and Napa were playing like dog shit yet nothing was said to them. Why isn't Jackson going over there and giving it to them? Back in the day that was the norm. Even you look at the top teams like Melbourne you can see it, when someone's playing shit you see Munster giving it to them.

I don't know if its the modern game but fuck me everytime someome makes a mistake they just get the pat on the head. For one mistake alright but then players don't feel accountable. I remember when I played and if anyone was making repeated mistakes the Captain would go over and spray them and guess what, they would always turn it around. It can't all be on the coach, players and particularly the leaders have to hold each other accountable.
Jackson is too nice (just like Barrett) to be captain. We need someone who is more competitive and more demanding. Thompson maybe.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s different when you’re not expected to make finals. Sprays for shit teams that are expected to be shit just don’t work.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cause Jackson tackles his ass off he can hardly breath let alone yell at those two flogs

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson gives away far too many penalties and six agains to have a go at anyone else in the team sadly.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Jacko is a terrible captain. Never questions the ref on the back of terrible decisions week in week out. Ennis used to do it and it makes the ref aware and brings it to there attention.
He doesn’t question the ref because the ref gets it right more often than not
Judiciary on the other hand

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love jacko , but never seen him spray the team
That’s not him
We need someone who can spray the team or someone who is held in that high regard nobody wants to fuckup

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And what would a captains spray achieve?
It keeps players on their toes. You played before? If so you'd find they can be very effective when used properly.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Graham was the best at giving players sprays on the field.haven’t had that type of leadership since we let him go.Ennius was good too.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jacko is a terrible captain. Never questions the ref on the back of terrible decisions week in week out. Ennis used to do it and it makes the ref aware and brings it to there attention.
They don't question the referee any more because of the set re-starts. They introduced them partially to stop captains from asking questions. Ironically, if the captain can't ask what was the set re-start for, they are doomed to repeat it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa should wear a dress for the remainder of the year.
Can you imagine how he would be celebrated as the games first tranny & the bravery? Some club would sign him just for that alone. If Raels was still here she certainly would.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn’t any cause we don’t have one

Malla

Reaction score
It keeps players on their toes. You played before? If so you'd find they can be very effective when used properly.
Really? You think a captains spray keeps players on their toes and is effective when used properly?

Ok