Where and how far do i have to travel to get near-pollution free skies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know, away from the big smoke, city lights and pollution. Basically to take photos of da prety starz.

I was thinking of traveling to Bathurst & Kiama. Good idea? I've seen a place around Campbelltown with a nice view, which i will test out soon. Also, any suggestions for an awesome place (park, reserve, beach, etc) with a nice view away from all the city smog?

Thanks for ur thutz

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
out near picton theres a nice look out you can take some pictures from

Dogz_supporter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bermagui. Just off the coast, i always thought it looked pretty chill with some cool beaches. Eden is pretty cool too. Bathurst, i cant remember too much about.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bermagui. Just off the coast, i always thought it looked pretty chill with some cool beaches. Eden is pretty cool too. Bathurst, i cant remember too much about.
Bathurst - has a mountain. With a view.

You have to go further west than Wallerawang to avoid the pollution, so Bathurst would be your first stop.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gunnedah, but your still near coal mines.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nelson Bay
Ahh yes, forgot about Nelson Bay. Cheers

Bermagui is bit too far for my liking, seems perfect for what i want ot do though. But i guess when i have the spare time i'll check it out for sure. Same goes for Eden too aha. Cheers for the info, dude.
Bathurst - has a mountain. With a view.

You have to go further west than Wallerawang to avoid the pollution, so Bathurst would be your first stop.
Sweet. I think Bathurst would be the farthest that i'll go west to be honest. Is it an easy place to walk around/get around? Would rather travel on foot/bike to scout for places in the area.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Noob question: How far would i have to travel to find dry land/desert?

Gunnedah, but your still near coal mines.
googled it and holy sh*t that's far. Well for me anyway. Coal mines sound interesting though

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Noob question: How far would i have to travel to find dry land/desert?

googled it and holy sh*t that's far. Well for me anyway. Coal mines sound interesting though
about 6 to 8 hours travel to find that

also have you considered doing some storm photography

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually Hawkesbury Heights has a lookout which of a night you can get some nice starshots. But it's a bit of a hoon road, and at times can seem a little unsafe if alone.

Wisemans Ferry also has some nice areas with clear skies.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Kiama gets pretty stars. Always look up at the sky when I'm visiting the olds.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet. I think Bathurst would be the farthest that i'll go west to be honest. Is it an easy place to walk around/get around? Would rather travel on foot/bike to scout for places in the area.
No idea, I've spent very little time there. Just usually stop there for a meal on the way out west. They probably have buses around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.