when will we sign a big name player

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dogs havent signed up a big name player for ages. we just seem to get players who have had minimum amount of the top grade and make them into great players. might be a good thing to do this, develop players but wish we got a big name guy. no idea who tho!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
What do we need a big name for?

We create our big names we dont buy them.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what salary caps do to you....meh......

i love our big names as they r.....we dont need names to make a club. we need players who are willing to work. not media rats.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unlike other clubs (eg. ROOSTERS grrr), we are capable of developing our own good players, who we have to pay more to keep when they become rep players. Unlike almost every other club in the competition (other than the Dragons), the dogs develop players the best. Its a shame we can't keep them all

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have enough trouble trying to re sign our own big names rather than chasing other clubs big names. The Doggies way is to develop players rather than buy established big names. The only name player the Dogs have bought in the last 5 years is Ryan.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
more so just someone experienced. but i love the young team it will always dominate. i think lobster will be sorely missed after next year

M

MrCharisma

Stevie J said:
What do we need a big name for?

We create our big names we dont buy them.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Why spend big money on buying someone elses... when we can develope our own for cheaper

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
There isn't a need for the Doggies to buy anyone at all. They need to develop their own players and then re-sign them which already gives them massive headaches..

FFS, Tell me one juniour who has as much talent and potential than Sonny, Tonga, Armit Hickey?

M

MrCharisma

Majn00n™ said:
There isn't a need for the Doggies to buy anyone at all. They need to develop their own players and then re-sign them which already gives them massive headaches..

FFS, Tell me one juniour who has as much talent and potential than Sonny, Tonga, Armit Hickey?
Kade Snowden

M

MrCharisma

Ben Godberts said:
what ?? kade snowden
The quote asked who was a good junior with potential and skill like SBW, Tonga... etc

And I named Kade Snowden...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
knights monster tbh

M

MrCharisma

Thank god... finally someone who knows who Kade Snowden is.

As I've said for 3 years now since I first saw him in SG Ball.... he is the no frills SBW

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lord Charisma said:
Thank god... finally someone who knows who Kade Snowden is.

As I've said for 3 years now since I first saw him in SG Ball.... he is the no frills SBW
been keeping an eye on him,

made his debut in a horrible knights side but was able to add some mongrel to their pack.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
no big name signings.
we have a handful of our own big namers off contract next year and i would like to keep them. especially hazem shrek snd sore-knee bill. not to mention shifty, matty utai and and DJ. lol and hughes

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Lord Charisma said:
Kade Snowden
He's quality. He's more of a poor mans SBW though :p.

Stevie J was right on the money with his comment, couldn't have been any more right.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol poor mans sbw...you could not be anymore right man haha

M

MrCharisma

.PARANoIR. said:
He's quality. He's more of a poor mans SBW though :p.

Stevie J was right on the money with his comment, couldn't have been any more right.
I said he was the no-frills SBW

Same ****, different smell

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
craig said:
dogs havent signed up a big name player for ages. we just seem to get players who have had minimum amount of the top grade and make them into great players. might be a good thing to do this, develop players but wish we got a big name guy. no idea who tho!
We've signed up SBW and Willy Mason, keeping them with our club. Jarrod Hickey is another rising star - and there's plenty more to come.

Why should we poach other clubs' big names? Doing that bites deeply into the salary cap when we need every dollar to keep the world's best already playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.