News When will Ghantous be first grade ready?

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Danny Ghantous is one of our best hooker prospects. Does anyone know when he will be physically ready for first grade? And will no lower grade comps affect his progression?

Reactions: ATT

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s impossible to tell after Covid has robbed him of two years of development. I think a lot of our juniors will suffer because of this but everyone is in the same boat. I wouldn’t count on him being ready for reggies until 23 at the earliest.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s impossible to tell after Covid has robbed him of two years of development. I think a lot of our juniors will suffer because of this but everyone is in the same boat. I wouldn’t count on him being ready for reggies until 23 at the earliest.
Gould sounds like he will be organising round robin tourneys over the summer so thats a plus at least!

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh it would at least delay him a year every junior actually a year due to the 2 years without there footy but I hope if Gus plan for a summer competition is successful I reckon he can debut early to mid 23

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No Reserves and Juniors affects every player, not just Ghantous.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the way this kid plays ,but he needs to build his body up a bit,definitely first grade material in 2 years time.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is electric out of dummy half - very nuggety - Starling like (Canberra hooker) - others who have seen more than me question his defence. Ryan Gray - a year ahead is good with the ball but has struggled with defense as well, although was significantly stronger this year
there were some good dummy halves in HM this year

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry, but a judgement call was already made, he won’t see 1st grade at the Dogs. Don’t ask why.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry, but a judgement call was already made, he won’t see 1st grade at the Dogs. Don’t ask why.
Why ok i know his running game is damien cook style his attack cant get batter its so good but his defense needs improving

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would say fairly off. There is a reason we have gone out and recruited Ediq.