When it rains it pours.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had a look over some stat's last night and yes some would be inflated due to playing longer minutes but our middles have gone from maybe one guy to make 100+ meters to several last night. From memory, Vaughan, Thompson, Ava and King all made over 100. Waddell and Hetherington also made 100 or there abouts.

Without TPJ playing and Patolo seeming to have some upside. We are bringing in Sutton and Kikau, which may push TPJ in the middle for next season. The issue we have is the money invested in getting value.

Thompson was actually the best performer based on stats but King was best in ratio of output per minutes played. It's been said bit do we look to offload Thompson or reside to losing Vaughan? I don't think we can keep everyone as players are contract and can sign elsewhere now. Also spending the money smarter can free up space to recruit an actual half.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Had a look over some stat's last night and yes some would be inflated due to playing longer minutes but our middles have gone from maybe one guy to make 100+ meters to several last night. From memory, Vaughan, Thompson, Ava and King all made over 100. Waddell and Hetherington also made 100 or there abouts.

Without TPJ playing and Patolo seeming to have some upside. We are bringing in Sutton and Kikau, which may push TPJ in the middle for next season. The issue we have is the money invested in getting value.

Thompson was actually the best performer based on stats but King was best in ratio of output per minutes played. It's been said bit do we look to offload Thompson or reside to losing Vaughan? I don't think we can keep everyone as players are contract and can sign elsewhere now. Also spending the money smarter can free up space to recruit an actual half.
I would keep Thompson over Vaughan unless Vaughan is willing to sign on considerably less money.

We will also need money to secure a genuine fullback, that is either re-sign Dufty if he lives up to expectations or go after a marquee

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How bout you enjoy something we have not had in a long time
Forwards majing decent meters.
Gus will sort it and hopefully we wont have to lose anyone worthwhile.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thompson will go unless he takes a pay cut. It’s all about value for money and we got that out of Vaughan and King. I think TPJ can give us Thompson like Stats with a bit of X factor and he was missing.
He might not ever get back to his best but if RFM can stay fit he would be good value for money coming off the bench which should relegate Waddell.
King was huge with what he did in the 40ish odd minutes he played and I hope to see him keep backing that up and staying injury free.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would keep Thompson over Vaughan unless Vaughan is willing to sign on considerably less money.

We will also need money to secure a genuine fullback, that is either re-sign Dufty if he lives up to expectations or go after a marquee
Vaughan is already on $400k, I don't think he'll want another pay cut

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd rather keep Thompson over Vaughan if we're just looking at the players but when the salary cap gets involved it's a bit more difficult. I always prefer to keep our better players tho.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know what I'd like Salma Hayek to wear but it's not my decision to make as much as I'd like to be in charge and in a position to enjoy it every day. The same goes for our recruitment and retention policies. If there's a single soul on this forum that has any say on the composition of our roster they're keeping it to themselves.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I know what I'd like Salma Hayek to wear but it's not my decision to make as much as I'd like to be in charge and in a position to enjoy it every day. The same goes for our recruitment and retention policies. If there's a single soul on this forum that has any say on the composition of our roster they're keeping it to themselves.
LOL

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have TPJ and it’s happy days.!!

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly why I keep things to myself. It's also exactly why I don't bring my girlfriend Salma Hayek around to your place, you pervert.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But he won’t be retired .. he’ll get more than that at a handful of other clubs and possibly even clean up at super league.
That's what I am thinking, we already have enough props and it seems the players we pick up aren't for depth as most have been put in the side, who is sutton replacing?. I'm thinking either we aren't going to re-sign Vaughan or possibly letting go of Thompson

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather keep Vaughan over Thompson at half the price, the dolphins will still shake a few trees in getting players out of contracts etc, that spare $400 from thommo could go to drinkwater or chanel harris tevita or o sullivan type of player.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've liked Thompson ever since his signing was announced and I saw his highlights of scoring long range tries. Wish that happened here, but different levels of competition obviously. Anyway, as much as I like what he brings, for half as much we have Vaughan. Now, if we wanted to extend his deal, he may want an increase. Even at $5-550k he'd probably be worth it.