When is a Controversy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't see last week's game, but the Sunday Roast just showed our disallowed try against the Broncos. I have no doubt that unbelievably disallowed try and penalty to Brisbane cost us a deserved win.

As I've said in another thread, a couple of years ago we were hounded by the boofheads in the media over a knock on by Utai IN HIS OWN IN GOAL as the worst incident of a team being robbed of a win. This "controversy" was replayed ad nuseam and commented upon for weeks; and even dragged out and given an airing the following year when we next faced the Tigers.

How come these same clowns can simply accept last week's decision and Friday's knock on by the Dragons as OK because the favourites won?

When are we going to see some fair minded reporting and reviews of matches??

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chris Harding said:
I didn't see last week's game, but the Sunday Roast just showed our disallowed try against the Broncos. I have no doubt that unbelievably disallowed try and penalty to Brisbane cost us a deserved win.

As I've said in another thread, a couple of years ago we were hounded by the boofheads in the media over a knock on by Utai IN HIS OWN IN GOAL as the worst incident of a team being robbed of a win. This "controversy" was replayed ad nuseam and commented upon for weeks; and even dragged out and given an airing the following year when we next faced the Tigers.

How come these same clowns can simply accept last week's decision and Friday's knock on by the Dragons as OK because the favourites won?

Sean Hampstead was the video-ref for that game, and was the ref for last night .... hmmmm ... interesting

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Chris Harding said:

I wouldn't say it "cost" you the game, dogs could have easily won the game, and probably should have, but didnt execute all their opportunities in the 1st half.
Anyhow, it was a terrible call, but bad calls happen every game, sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesnt.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
im SURE it was someone on here who said a good team gets over bad decisions all team get them it can go both ways ut does annoy u but there isnt much u can do about it

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
lockyer said:
I wouldn't say it "cost" you the game, dogs could have easily won the game, and probably should have, but didnt execute all their opportunities in the 1st half.
Anyhow, it was a terrible call, but bad calls happen every game, sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesnt.
OK. No matter how bad the call, the win is in the record books. What I'm mad about is the casual way the Ch9 clowns can dismiss some decisions, yet leap upon their hobby horse over others. On a scale of costly decisions the Utai "knock-on" didn't even rate, yet was presented as the only reason that the Tigers lost.(Nothwithstanding that the ball had to be taken 80 metres through the entire Tigers' team and that there were 40 minutes of play left).

That's their right to comment upon, but they took it and milked it shamelessly for weeks. This typifies the lack of decent commentators and analysts presenting the game. Thank heavens for ABC Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.