When did we change our defence patten ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I noticed last week and again today that we are starting to SLIDE a lot more in defence rather then the up and in form that Hazem use to do so well.

Do you think that Kevin moore is changing the old bulldog way ?? ( that i thought was working for us )

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last year champ.
Really ?? i didn't notice it as much last year i thought that i always use to see Goodwin coming in off his wing to stop the attack but im finding that so far this year we are sliding a lot more therefor close to the line it is very easy for teams to score against us , we should be pushing up and in

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
we have zero line speed in defence, very annoying!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Really ?? i didn't notice it as much last year i thought that i always use to see Goodwin coming in off his wing to stop the attack but im finding that so far this year we are sliding a lot more therefor close to the line it is very easy for teams to score against us , we should be pushing up and in
He did come in when needed to, as did every player, but for the most part of the year we abandoned the up-and-in style as a team.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it is better to move forward then slide instead of sliding straight away. When you slide straight away it gives the opposing side more room to move. I was never really a big fan of the up and in defence when the 10 metre rule was introduced.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'm not against sliding, but when you do it consistently on your own line, you're gonna pay the price.

It's idiotic to slide on your line. The only reason we do slide is because we aren't marking up in the first place. If they were marking up (front on), there would be no need to slide.

Fix that first.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
move up fast and smash them. oh how I miss those Bulldog days

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Ennis was the only player rushing up in the first half and it really threw the Dragqueens off. And our backline defense looked like we were backing off instead of taking them on. I wish that pass from Keating was a split second faster or dummy'd. Oh well, next week should hopefully get better

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its all about line speed,we just dont have any ...........

triplex11

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis was the only player rushing up in the first half and it really threw the Dragqueens off. And our backline defense looked like we were backing off instead of taking them on. I wish that pass from Keating was a split second faster or dummy'd. Oh well, next week should hopefully get better
sorry mate but whenever you write something i never end up reading it as i get very distracted by the twins looking at me WOW haha

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Idris lets in a try a game.

SIGN HIM UP NOW

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
sorry mate but whenever you write something i never end up reading it as i get very distracted by the twins looking at me WOW haha
Haha Lucy and the twins are great value arent they :grinning: makes todays loss a bit more bearable :grinning:

Boobies fix everything!

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all through the game i hear "OHHH BIG HIT BY THE DRAGONS, or TOLMAN RUNS AND HE GETS SMASHED BY SAINTS" but then that was it not a single big hit from our players... unless idris hits we r fkn marshmellows and its starting to **** me, we were the most intimidating side for so many years, now we rely on our centre to do the big hits..frankly it sux

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok 11 tips for the bulldogs from a supporter who sat in the pissing down rain to watch crap:
1. Moore should be told tomorrow morning if the team doesn’t make the top 6 (because team 7 and 8 are just in their through luck) he is gone.
2. As must as I think David Stagg is a great defensive player he offers **** all in attack and since we find it difficult to score points he needs to go at least to the bench.
3. Ben Roberts needs to be on the bench, you never know his presence might make Kris Keating play a bit better.
4. Do not let Keating kick every ****ing set, his kicks are ineffective and don’t do **** all.
5. Offer Idris 250K a season max if he doesn’t want that, tell him thank you for your service but **** off, he is not worth 400K a year and never will be his defence is ****, and I mean worst defensive centre in the game type ****.
6. In relation to the Parra game, if anyone stands and watches Hayne instead of tackling him, take him off send them to the showers tell them they are no longer needed at the club.
7. Ryan to retire he is just to old :(
8. Ennis to offer faster service because on more than 10 occasions he literally pointed to the player about to receive it and was having a chat to him before passing the ball, in the mean time the dragons players were off their line ready to smash him.
9. Paea to start because Armit, Hodgson are past it.
10. Hold the ****ing ball no excuses, if the dragons can hold the ball, why can’t we they are all professional footballers, they should be at least able to get through a set of 6 without losing the ball every 2nd tackle
11. Don’t slide, its ineffective and stupid especially when they slide along their try line and all the attack player has to do to score is fall over the line, Rush the **** up ever tackle ever set all game.

just a final comment in advance for all those tools that want to say I have no idea what I’m talking about f**k u and trust me these tips need to take place if not we will not be making the 8 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.