What's Your Grand Final Pilgrimage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I though it would be interesting to share our plans for grand final day, to help the time go by.

For me, i'm travelling solo from Melbourne, and attending the game solo. My girlfriend couldn't get off work, and it was too late to get mates on board.

It's costing me a small fortune for a ticket, flights and accom., but I couldn't live with myself if I missed a GF win. Even if we loose, you don't make a GF every year.

I just pray, PRAY, that my seat isn't surrounded by nothing but Rabbits supporters.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Going all the way to the couch to sit and yell and get all fired up, can't afford to go after going last night.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
**** saw the ticket prices for non-members... stuff that. Also don't know if it's on purpose but every time I go through checkout the price doubles... might as well watch it at home with the family.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
**** saw the ticket prices for non-members... stuff that. Also don't know if it's on purpose but every time I go through checkout the price doubles... might as well watch it at home with the family.
You need to remove the extra tickets from your basked in the checkout if this is happening

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you see prices for members then? The prices I got from text line from the Bulldogs matched the prices on Ticketek website without the code..... I'm confuddled.

As far as the day goes, still undecided what to do. I can go to the game, spend a fortune with family, enjoy the live atmosphere but get poor seats expensive warm beer. Or I can watch at home where I can see the game and hear the atmosphere on tele with good, front row seats and cheap cold beer. Or go to the local, unable to watch or hear the game well, standing (more than likely) with mates enjoying (some)free beer (from the footy tipping comp).

I might run a pole!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Will be different this year . Last time decked the front yard with streamers and balloons and watched the game at home . This year will fly down on sat arvo and stay with the family in the Bankstown area . Will try and drive to the town of Belmore to soak up the atmosphere , Attend the game with my Sydney Bulldog mates

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I though it would be interesting to share our plans for grand final day, to help the time go by.

For me, i'm travelling solo from Melbourne, and attending the game solo. My girlfriend couldn't get off work, and it was too late to get mates on board.

It's costing me a small fortune for a ticket, flights and accom., but I couldn't live with myself if I missed a GF win. Even if we loose, you don't make a GF every year.

I just pray, PRAY, that my seat isn't surrounded by nothing but Rabbits supporters.
Good luck my friend, I certainly hope that you are surrounded by like minded intelligent people i.e. Bulldogs supporters. My family and I will be hopefully entrenched at Bulldogs Headquarters in Belmore, where we also watched the 2012 GF. Luckily at the moment we are in Sydney at the moment as we have to arrange tickets tomorrow as system for the club has changed and you just can't rock up on the day and be assured entrance to the club.Have been to all the games bar one all season and the finals series but tickets for the big game will go quickly and I would assume if any good tickets are left they will be expensive. I thought it was quite unfair that family tickets were not available in certain areas for the last game as well. Wherever I am though I will be only thinking of my Bulldogs. Have a great time at the game my friend and be loud and proud.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My late father was unable to leave the house due to illness, so we had celebrations at his Belmore home- around the old TV; then go out front and watch the cars parade around with their streamers and cheering.

30+ years after his death we still do the same (though now I'm Grandad) - at my home, and a more modern TV. The family gathering has become a tradition we would never want to break.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Good luck my friend, I certainly hope that you are surrounded by like minded intelligent people i.e. Bulldogs supporters. My family and I will be hopefully entrenched at Bulldogs Headquarters in Belmore, where we also watched the 2012 GF. Luckily at the moment we are in Sydney at the moment as we have to arrange tickets tomorrow as system for the club has changed and you just can't rock up on the day and be assured entrance to the club.Have been to all the games bar one all season and the finals series but tickets for the big game will go quickly and I would assume if any good tickets are left they will be expensive. I thought it was quite unfair that family tickets were not available in certain areas for the last game as well. Wherever I am though I will be only thinking of my Bulldogs. Have a great time at the game my friend and be loud and proud.
We watched the 1994 and 1995 GFs at the Leagues club , used to hit the bar at around 11am and just drink and cheer all day and night .

A funny story in 94 was well into the night I got hit on - by another bloke . After I explained that having " balls across the nose " was not my thing and threatening to smash him ; he made a swift exit .

95 was one of the best days of my life .

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be heading out to the game with the missus (bought tix in July, jus had a sneaky feeling). Absolutely love GF day at the game, watching all 3 grades, watching the crowd build. It's all good! I loved in 2012, got there at HT in NSW cup, sat down and the stadium was empty. Left and went to the bar, came back for the pre-game entertainment, and walking in and seeing the stadium full of blue and white, wow! When the boys run out on Sunday night, I'll look at the crowd, look at our boys, and I'll be so freaking proud to be a bulldog. Deadset will have tears in my eyes even before the game starts!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ide love to sit at home on grand final day, but it isnt the same feeling being in blacktown.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wish I could make the game buttttttt, I'm a student haha cant be spending that type of money. Ill be watching at the traditional GF party amongst family friends, then making my way to belmore to celebrate!!!!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Where should a Melbournian Dog go post-game, should they get up?

HARRIGAN

Waterboy
Reaction score
I moved over to Australia from Leeds in the UK last December.

I Bought tickets 3 weeks ago hoping for the best but not expecting anything. Anyway, I fly down from Brisbane on Thursday, spend a bit of time with (winding up) family down in Wollongong and then go up to Sydney on Saturday night. Im in the $165 seats (Seriously! And they're the second cheapest!!!) but they are pretty much on the halfway line so it not all bad, just a bit high. Having been to many Super League Grand Finals supporting Leeds, it will be great to see the Doggies (who I have been a fan of for 14 years now) in a Final over here. In fact, I'd say that in my time over here the Dogs have overtaken the Rhinos! The last 2 weeks have been nerve wrecking but I will be there shouting loud and proud on Sunday evening!

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not making the trip this year.

I attended the 95, 98, 04 and 12 GFs. The only one I haven't been to since I've been attending games was 94, so I hope by not attending this one, we don't get a similar result.

Saturday night was amazing, but we had decent seats (on 10m line) that only cost $240 for 5 people. In 2012 I don't recall it being outrageously expensive. We were in the southwest corner that day. Probably the competing teams final tickets release. That is ridiculously expensive only two years later. As good as the experience and atmosphere was, the viewing was shit.

Because I've been to so many games and finals and GFs, it's natural for me to feel obliged to go, but now living 400km from Sydney is the final straw and I will sadly be missing it.

Watching at home has many advantages though. Cheap beer, no crowds, no parking (we didn't move for 45 min in P3 last night! Worst I've endured ever and I was at the Souths and Parra pre-lims in P1 with 60k+ crowds) and no toothless binnies to suffer lol. Oh and not having to go to Sydney is great :grinning:

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The prices of tickets is disgusting $420 for a family pass and for the same seats in 2012 GF only cost $190. $230 price hike is fuking ridiculous.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The prices of tickets is disgusting $420 for a family pass and for the same seats in 2012 GF only cost $190. $230 price hike is fuking ridiculous.
Tell me about it, I don't of me and my mates will treck this game out with these disgusting prices.

The NRL must think the West is made from gold....

Status
Not open for further replies.