slow start.. early days yet.

we'll come back :D

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
slow start.. early days yet.

we'll come back :D
Yes, we might yet come back. Got to string a few successive wins together just to get some confidence into the team. This year, though, something seems lacking. Like, they don't seem fussed about losing.

The fans are also part of the team. They put in each game and spread the word during the week. They are owed something. Professionalism means that the players owe their "shareholders" a return on their investment.

I don't care if they lose every week; as long as they've played to their best. Some performances this year do not inspire confidence.

Anastabation

Reaction score
The way people are reacting anyone would sware we started the season 0 and 7. I don't know why we have had a bad start to the season. Theres a few things that come to mind. The possibilities include that we simply haven't found our form yet.. that certain players have a bad attitude.. that other sides are simply stronger than ours... that the competition is very close and its simply difficult to play well every week... and that tactically other sides are superior. I haven't drawn a conclusion yet for two reasons. A) because I am not involved with the club on a day to day basis and b) because its early in the year and lots of different things can and will change between now and the end of the year. It seems to me as if we have some inexperienced and emotional fans on this page that get too caught up in the week to week hype and expect the dogs to win no matter what. Just relax people. If the Tigers played terribly last week and we managed to scrape home then noone would be complaining. Lets just let the season unfold a bit ffs.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way people are reacting anyone would sware we started the season 0 and 7. I don't know why we have had a bad start to the season. Theres a few things that come to mind. The possibilities include that we simply haven't found our form yet.. that certain players have a bad attitude.. that other sides are simply stronger than ours... that the competition is very close and its simply difficult to play well every week... and that tactically other sides are superior. I haven't drawn a conclusion yet for two reasons. A) because I am not involved with the club on a day to day basis and b) because its early in the year and lots of different things can and will change between now and the end of the year. It seems to me as if we have some inexperienced and emotional fans on this page that get too caught up in the week to week hype and expect the dogs to win no matter what. Just relax people. If the Tigers played terribly last week and we managed to scrape home then noone would be complaining. Lets just let the season unfold a bit ffs.
Why shouldn't fans be emotional about their team's performances? They have every right to get worked up; after all, they are the backbone of the club. I have had decades of experience supporting the side, and my loyalty to the club will never falter. I can remember some very lean years. But, I can't recall a line-up like ours playing such immature football. I feel sorry for the few players who are putting in their all to see it squandered by teammates that can't focus on the job at hand.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
I agree there is no need to panic... it's only round 8 and we still can improved a plenty.

At the same time though, our ballwork skills and defensive laspes have been pretty bad. I think that has to do with too much football last year, too many issues surrounding the club and a lack of realisation from the players that there are no bad teams this season and anyone on their day can beat someone else.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Why shouldn't fans be emotional about their team's performances? They have every right to get worked up; after all, they are the backbone of the club. I have had decades of experience supporting the side, and my loyalty to the club will never falter. I can remember some very lean years. But, I can't recall a line-up like ours playing such immature football. I feel sorry for the few players who are putting in their all to see it squandered by teammates that can't focus on the job at hand.
One thing alot of sporting teams do is build a season to ensure that peaking happens at the right time. We have looked terrible in attack and defense at different times but that is possibly because we are far from a finished product. Look at different sides who have won premierships in recent seasons. The Broncos last year lost 11 games in the season and had a dramatic slump not long before the finals but they played their best football when it mattered. In 2005 the Wests Tigers didn't unleesh their abstract attacking style of football until well and truely the second half of the season. Perhaps we are in for a poor season. I am not niave enough to assume the dogs will go well no matter what. But with the nature of this competition its not even necessarily a bad thing to have a 50% winning record heading into the last 4 weeks of the season. Here we have people panicing in round 7. I'll start panicing when we have a stack of injuries and are in grave danger of missing the top 8.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Kenny how did you come moderator?? You're the biggest tool ever!! Anyways i think the dogs are having a slow start. I will still wear my dogs jersey with pride even if they're coming last. I love my team and a lot of people seem to forget sport is just entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.