What's wrong with our game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has it reached a point where RL has become too technical?

We have so many contentious issues nowadays..e.g. shoulder charge, grapple, stripping, shepherd.

The game has become frustrating to watch, annoying to follow and surely can't be good for the marketing of our game.

Penalties get given for everything! Video refs are called to judge on everything! The touch judges are useless!

When will this end?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think the new video ref usage is too much. I thought it would be a good idea if disputed calls were video reffed but using it for every decision is silly.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the world is full of sooks and politically correct tossers.
naturally rugby league is following suit.
i cannot beleive some of the tripe that is discussed in rl these days
ban the shoulder charge?...go & get fukt !!
there are 2 things that i would love to see addressed in the great game..
1: lessen the interchange to 8, and once you come off after halftime, you
are off for good.
2: abolish the video ref for gods sake...its a shambles

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
there is just nopt enough free flowing football

the rules have become so technical and our refs still dont even understand them

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
I dont see why people find the new stripping rule a stupid rule...

I think its exactly what was needed...at least we know that the decision will be correct everytime!

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

i think we need even less interchange to get the skill back into the game instead of big blokes just stampeding the smaller blokes.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the game is way too stop start. Penaltys get blown for the most ridiculous things.. the referee blows at least 20 penaltys a week now it seems

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think they've taken the footy out of some of the rules and their too black and white, they need to look at it and make a judgement call

mainly 10m on kick chase and obstruction from last week

K

kennyy

ban knee jerk re-actions and u will see the game prosper, think about it

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
i think they've taken the footy out of some of the rules and their too black and white, they need to look at it and make a judgement call

mainly 10m on kick chase and obstruction from last week
Agreed. The video ref is and has been getting too involved in the game. Lets just judge the play in normal time and not revert back to super slow mo videos to view obstructions, 10m behind the kicker. Its common sense.

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
Agreed. The video ref is and has been getting too involved in the game. Lets just judge the play in normal time and not revert back to super slow mo videos to view obstructions, 10m behind the kicker. Its common sense.
Thats what u say now, but when a bad decision goes against ur team just and cost u the game, you will complain...

IMO Video referees are necessary in the game...There are too many technical rules and such for one referee to keep an eye on all game and so an extra ref with the advantage of video reply is definately needed!

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Thats what u say now, but when a bad decision goes against ur team just and cost u the game, you will complain...

IMO Video referees are necessary in the game...There are too many technical rules and such for one referee to keep an eye on all game and so an extra ref with the advantage of video reply is definately needed!
If video refs are necessary, how come they make wrong decisions time after time. If you put them all into one situation, I bet you would get so many alternatives they would of ruled.

E.g. Round one against the eels. The penalty try view. Now clearly Hindmarsh touched the ball last and it was a no try. BUT the eels got the feed and they scored straight after.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Totally agree. God forbid a stupid call by a referee should cost a team a vital game (GF, SOO, Semi etc) If the technology is there, use it to get it right.

Having said that, it's still not 100%

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree. God forbid a stupid call by a referee should cost a team a vital game (GF, SOO, Semi etc) If the technology is there, use it to get it right.

Having said that, it's still not 100%
thats the annoying part, the video refs are getting more wrong last year and this year than ever before. For example the Sullivan no try agaisnt the eels that was so obvious and even with 10 replays they still came to the wrong conclusion

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont see why people find the new stripping rule a stupid rule...

I think its exactly what was needed...at least we know that the decision will be correct everytime!
What a stupid thing to say.. .. just like the video refs getting the trys right every time .. pfft

They are still getting this wrong too. I saw at least 4 in the first round that were wrong. Including an important one against the dogs when they played Parra

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too make up for the technicality of time wasting - i wouldnt mind seeing games being played for the full 80 minutes - IE - time off everytime the ball is out of play

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he can break into a krispy kreme factory im sure he can crack a simple kennel account tbh

Christabella

Reaction score
ban knee jerk re-actions and u will see the game prosper, think about it
Hear hear!

That's what's wrong with the game - the reactions of the media.
Everything is analysed over and over and so someone will always find something new to complain about.

Sure some video referees need their eyes checked but the technology is needed. Although they probably should be used less frequently than they are at the moment.
Also, the sooner the 'experts' come to terms with the fact the rules of the game are not black and white the sooner we will hear about the good facets of the game rather than non-stop complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.