What's the worst way that you ever spent $100?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you didn't see him do the ol switcheroo with your notes? Maybe one he could get away with but multiple?
I was completely unaware that I was being scammed. At that point, I was assuming that I had picked up the fakes from the ATM and
I was basically handing over the money for him to check which one was genuine.. It didn't even occur to me that he was switching the notes.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was completely unaware that I was being scammed. At that point, I was assuming that I had picked up the fakes from the ATM and
I was basically handing over the money for him to check which one was genuine.. It didn't even occur to me that he was switching the notes.
But he handed you different notes? You hand over brand new notes and he hands you back a crumpled note with his greasy hands?

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
I always make it rain money so ........ yeah

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But he handed you different notes? You hand over brand new notes and he hands you back a crumpled note with his greasy hands?
Mate, they were fresh notes. In China, it's normal for a cashier or cab driver to check bills before they give you the change because there's so many fake notes in circulation.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, they were fresh notes. In China, it's normal for a cashier or cab driver to check bills before they give you the change because there's so many fake notes in circulation.
Well I hope you learnt your lesson from cabs in China. Did he reply as per below?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
In Thailand, I was scammed into buying fake NiKe.

One guy on the street says "you wan Nike?"

I say ye..

He say follow, just 1 min walk.

We walk down a side street, down some alley, into the back of a dirty kitchen, then he removes the wall, We step through, we go in and up some stairs into a room... It was like a footlocker store, perfect fitout with shoes everywhere.. three or four Thai people in there looking at me.. I thought gee I gotta buy something now, otherwise they will rob me.

I bought some good looking Nike shoes to avoid the fight ( I knew they were fakes).. we all walked back to main road..

Those shoes looked perfect but wore terribly like Kmart shoes and after 2 weeks at home, the soles come off on the treadmill..

Those people always ask when you go home, always say you will be around another week or two.. if they think your going home tomorrow they will try rip you off hard.
What a pussy, next time say you aren't buying any of that fake shit and insult their country

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a pussy, next time say you aren't buying any of that fake shit and insult their country
You have not been to Thailand have you.. Your attitude will have you laid out decomposing in a gutter.

You can buy swords, all sorts of crazy knives, knuckle dusters and tasers at beachside shops hanging outside in specials bins. It's one place you want to avoid trouble. You also do not walk off the main Street, that was my mistake, fortunately it only cost me a purchase of fake Nike's.

Plenty of the locals do Thai boxing and they are poor, they fight for a buck, loser gets nothing.. "tomorrow night, tomorrow night" if anyone knows the fight truck..

Funniest thing... I bought a taser for $25 over there, looks like a torch and actually has a light on it. It was their high output capacity model. ... also a set of knuckle dusters that Fit into a belt buckle (belt included). When I came home, there was a guy at a local gym who told me he bought a taser for $650 off another guy in the gym. he showed me.. it was the small unit you can buy beachside for $18 in Thailand.

I was warned by a local shop owner that I was being watched by a gang, to lay low, don't engage in any trouble. They call me "man with big arms". I took his advice, stayed clean.

No make trouble in Thailand, I tell you,

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
2012 or 2014 GF tickets

Take your pick.

Probably '14 though cause we were no chance of winning and had to put up with that fucking bell
For the 2012 GF I bought a Ben Barba memorabilia piece from Peter Wynns thinking "fuck when we win this GF this is gonna be worth so much money".

I constantly think about burning it, but I figure maybe someone out there would actually want it.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unenthusiastic happy ending from some Asian bird ….

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the 2012 GF I bought a Ben Barba memorabilia piece from Peter Wynns thinking "fuck when we win this GF this is gonna be worth so much money".

I constantly think about burning it, but I figure maybe someone out there would actually want it.
Signed Ben Barba picture on Graysonline sold for a mega $2 last week i think its safe to bin it!