What's the buzz

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Foran is our best player.
But given he's off the field a lot it's clearly Elliott.

I thought it was obvious he was our best player? That's why I never did a 'whos our best' poll because it was obvious?

that's why they are tabling him a 700k extension.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Elliot 100% if one of those clubs take him it will improve the roster greatly and I’m sure we have a few more he can take . And yes the board need to let dean know where he stands and bed to make a play for a coach now now the warriors have sacked Kearney and I can see Cronulla punting Morris and the smoky the cowboys punting green we have to act now or we will end up with a second rate assistant as a coach

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good fucking riddance to him

While he may have had a "better" season and showed great "attitude", hes not going to be a part of a premiership winning forward pack, he's not good enough.

Cam Murray and radley, both younger than him and miles ahead of him.

Elliot should only ever be considered long term as a bench option. Never a starter for a side that wants to win the premierhsip
Warriors may make an offer

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
~400k. I think anything lower is disrespectful and a low ball offer. He has always been a starting player just not in your opinion.
400k as a max for me and rumours are that he’s already on about that. And by the same logic he’s only a starting player in your opinion.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100%

While he may have had a "better" season and showed great "attitude", hes not going to be a part of a premiership winning forward pack, he's not good enough.

Elliot should only ever be considered long term as a bench option. Never a starter for a side that wants to win the premierhsip

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot would like to see the roster improve!!! FMD, we've carried this bloke for 4 years and after 70 odd games, he's finally become a first grader and now he's demanding quality around him. Unbelievable. Would not have got the chance to become a first grader if he was in a decent team.
It will
Improve the second the muppet leaves
Mr one good game every 10 and now has the audacity to make orders
So much for a team player and future captain
Fcuk off and don’t let the door hit u on the way out

oldbatchman

Waterboy
Reaction score
The fact that this guy is a starter is the problem. Reserve grade captain at best.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

radley
Murray
Nathan brown
Finucane
Taumololo
Carrigan
Tapine
Alex twal
Jai arrow
James fisher Harris
Jake turbo

yep can’t see Adam idiots name on elite first grade locks anywhere ?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If say he is on 400k already and is looking for more, would much rather use that money on Bateman and let him go

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SINNER
The Bulldogs are treating club legend Dean Pay disgracefully. He needs to be respectfully told his coaching services are not required next year rather than the board going behind his back to chase the likes of Craig Bellamy. Pay has had a very ordinary roster to work with, through no fault of his own.

HARD-NOSED BULLDOG IN DEMAND
The Bulldogs’ best player, lock Adam Elliott, is attracting interest from rival clubs, with his contract expiring at the end of the season.

And he is likely to delay a decision until he knows if Dean Pay will be coaching.

Elliott’s partner Robyn recently gave birth to their first child and the 25-year-old is looking to set himself up with a long-term deal and a pay rise to justify the enormous improvement in his game.

“The Bulldogs have said they are about to put an offer to us,” Elliot’s manager David Riolo said.

“He’s happy there to a point but he’d like to see the roster improve. They’ve got some money but it depends how they plan to spend it.”
DOGS TURN TO TEST GREAT
Former Test cricketer Brad Haddin is working at the Canterbury Bulldogs to mentor the club’s leadership group. He would never say it publicly but we’re told Haddin is surprised that certain board members are so involved with the operations of the football department.

This will be an interesting one to keep an eye on because we know Chris Anderson, who was forced to stand down from the board because his businesses collapsed owing millions of dollars, is still on the edges and involved in talks with various player managers
The club doesn’t have to tell Pay shit. They can recruit whoever they want for next year and beyond and don’t need Pays agreeance or otherwise.

Elliott is our best player? Fuck off. He’s finally becoming an adequate first grader after years of being a clueless feet-for-hands. Where did Buzz get this insight into Elliott’s thinking? His manager...well there’s an unbiased source.

Fucking journos love sinking the boot into Anderson.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Funny how all Buzz rumours are all dogs because we playing his team

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot been our best all year taken him years but finally come good watch him go develop into an origin player at the storm if he leaves (e.g. finucane)
Every contract year he has a blinder, then shit once secures the deal...

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every contract year he has a blinder, then shit once secures the deal...
Don’t think he’s that type of bloke, took unders last contract to stay but wouldn’t say he had a blinder only now developing into a good footballer our retention has been shocking for a long time now, I’d hate to see Elliot leave

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot been our best all year taken him years but finally come good watch him go develop into an origin player at the storm if he leaves (e.g. finucane)
My comment on Elliot was a bit Tung in cheek,but you are right he has been one of our best players this year and that just highlights where we are as a club, as for origin,as long as he plays for NSW I am good with that lol

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My comment on Elliot was a bit Tung in cheek,but you are right he has been one of our best players this year and that just highlights where we are as a club, as for origin,as long as he plays for NSW I am good with that lol
Correct not saying he’s a world beater but has improved his physique massively this year and I think he’s getting rewarded he is definitely a new south Welshman though