What's our solution?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, a quick summary of this thread:

- let’s sack everyone, except the head coach, including all the players.

- let’s appoint a whole bunch of new, expensive staff and players to put around the coach

- when someone says sack the coach, people jump down their throat and treat them like they don’t have a clue.

Anyone would think we already have Bennett/Bellamy/Gibson/Sheens and Gould all rolled into one - such is the protection racket for Barrett around here.

There is a serious large, huge elephant in the room and for some reason people don’t want to talk about it or acknowledge that it is there.
Almost everyone agrees that Baz is skating on thin ice and has done little to prove himself so far.

But they're not going to fire him one season into a three year deal, especially with the shit roster he inherited. If they did, that would be five coaches in five seasons which would completely scare off any other coaching candidates or players. We'd be an even bigger basketcase and would have to go through yet another rebuild.

They're also not going to pay him out for another two full seasons. It's much easier to fire the support staff than it is the head coach.

If we're this shit or still struggling halfway through next season with the new recruits, then there'll be no excuse not to fire him.

Last edited:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s something broken at the club. No coaches or amount of spending on recruiting is gonna solve anything quickly!

I believe this is gonna go on for years. In saying that, I do not believe the club is in danger of folding or merging like people are suggesting. It’s just a bad time for the club and it’s going to take a long time to get out. Well imho anyway.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
We need to officially fuck off all these useless ***** out of the top 30 1 by 1 this year

On contract
Joe Stimson
Corey Allan
Kyle Flanagan

Off contract
Will Hopoate
Nick Meaney
Brad Deitz
Sione Katoa
Jeremy Marshall King
Dylan Napa
Dean Britt
James Romanous
Tui Katoa
Ofahiki Ogden
Renouf Atoni
Christian Criction
Chris Smith
Ava Seumanufagai
Watson Heleta
Kiko Manu
Kurt Picken

Thats a fair shitload of shitcunts to go

Cant see Elliott and waddel leaving yet

Hetherington can go end of next year if we want him gone

I would keep Lewy and Okunbor on 1 year deal

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we need to do is honestly sit out a few rounds in protest the nrl is a joke and corrupt as fuck they do us no favours we need to attack them at the head sit out a few rounds or something in protest .
what we have to lose they hate us and we do the right thing give them a reason to hate us proper
I wish there was another super league again so we could fuck these corrupt ***** again.
Interesting to see what and how they handle the dragons situation could be standing down 12 or more players watch the nrl give them a slap on the wrist.
And trust me there is a lot of people out there who don’t like how the nrl is no with the blowouts and etc
Plus the very people responsible for the shit fight we have are aloud to leave get a massive pay out and stroll into other clubs and get praise makes me laugh

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to officially fuck off all these useless ***** out of the top 30 1 by 1 this year

On contract
Joe Stimson
Corey Allan
Kyle Flanagan

Off contract
Will Hopoate
Nick Meaney
Brad Deitz
Sione Katoa
Jeremy Marshall King
Dylan Napa
Dean Britt
James Romanous
Tui Katoa
Ofahiki Ogden
Renouf Atoni
Christian Criction
Chris Smith
Ava Seumanufagai
Watson Heleta
Kiko Manu
Kurt Picken

Thats a fair shitload of shitcunts to go

Cant see Elliott and waddel leaving yet

Hetherington can go end of next year if we want him gone

I would keep Lewy and Okunbor on 1 year deal
So who plays Canterbury Cup?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, a quick summary of this thread:

- let’s sack everyone, except the head coach, including all the players.

- let’s appoint a whole bunch of new, expensive staff and players to put around the coach

- when someone says sack the coach, people jump down their throat and treat them like they don’t have a clue.

Anyone would think we already have Bennett/Bellamy/Gibson/Sheens and Gould all rolled into one - such is the protection racket for Barrett around here.

There is a serious large, huge elephant in the room and for some reason people don’t want to talk about it or acknowledge that it is there.
we've virtually had the same roster under pay and baz and nothing has virtually improved on the field, clearly it's the roster the needs to be cleaned out

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s something broken at the club. No coaches or amount of spending on recruiting is gonna solve anything quickly!

I believe this is gonna go on for years. In saying that, I do not believe the club is in danger of folding or merging like people are suggesting. It’s just a bad time for the club and it’s going to take a long time to get out. Well imho anyway.
Which club would merge with ours. Or if our club was to fold what happens with our Leagues club, I don't believe that it is owned by the NRL, so the money it generates should go to a code who is competing against the NRL.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much of that is totally unrealistic. If you think it’s really that easy to just cut players and give people offers they can’t refuse you’re living in dream land
What's unrealistic ? I've heard we're still chasing Gould and there's an article about it today. If we offer him 200K, 300k a year more than the Warriors you don't think he'll come ?

Why is Bellamy still considering the Sharks so hasn't made a definite decision ? Why can the Sharks make an offer but we can't ?

Bennett doesn't get along with Ikin (his son-in-law) so no chance of him going to then Broncos they say.

On offer you can't refuse is the type of offer that David Fifita received from the Titans, that Kayln Ponga received from the Knights, that Hynes received from the Sharks - generally an offer 200K a season or more than anyone else.

You can move players on you say ? What did we just do with DWZ ? What did the Broncos just do with Lodge ? Getting rid of players is like getting rid of a girlfriend. You'll always find someone desperate enough to take them. You don't think a single club would pay 200K for Flanagan ? Yes we might have to wear 200K - 250K to someone else but if we get even 80k out of it it's an extra 80k we can spend on someone else. If we'd offered Johnson an extra 80k we might have got him. Flanagan is totally f..king useless to us. What's the use in keeping him around ? So he can help lose us more games ? Players you want to move on yes tell them if they stay they'll only ever play reserve grade. If they let that happen then this might be their last contract in the NRL. In such a situation they're better off moving on (unless they're happy to retire)

Yes this is all just a pipedream ?? So was flying a plane, going to the moon, etc. Instead of knocking people trying to suggest some ideas try and come up with some yourself if you have a brain. Are you happy the way we're going ? Maybe we should just throw our hands up in the air, say it's too hard and let whoever is running the club do whatever the f.. they want because they've had a lot of success so far hey ?

We shouldn't be paying overs for any of our current players. If we are, move them on. When great players - the players we need become available we should have the cap to make them exactly the same deal we made Cotric. The only reason Cotric came was because we offered him 200k more a season that the Raiders. The Panthers are paying big money for multiple star players. Their funds are pretty tight. We need to take advantage of that and offer the players we desperately NEED the money they believe they're worth. They all know they have a short time to make money. They all know they have to put their family first before staying loyal to their club.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which club would merge with ours. Or if our club was to fold what happens with our Leagues club, I don't believe that it is owned by the NRL, so the money it generates should go to a code who is competing against the NRL.
We don't need to merge.

We have a shit team but the second richest Leagues Club in the comp.

Money talks.

We will never merge unless we want to.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solution is a coaching academy … fuck tbz and fuck all these shit coaches in the NRL . they can’t improve their players . Madge is just as shit with a better squad than the doggies they are just as shit

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's unrealistic ? I've heard we're still chasing Gould and there's an article about it today. If we offer him 200K, 300k a year more than the Warriors you don't think he'll come ?

Why is Bellamy still considering the Sharks so hasn't made a definite decision ? Why can the Sharks make an offer but we can't ?

On offer you can't refuse is the type of offer that David Fifita received from the Titans, that Kayln Ponga received from the Knights, that Hynes received from the Sharks - generally an offer 200K a season or more than anyone else.

Yes just a pipedream ?? So was flying a plane, going to the moon. Instead of knocking people trying to suggest some ideas try and come up with some yourself if you have a brain. Are you happy the way we're going ? Maybe we should just throw our hands up in the air, say it's too hard and let whoever is running the club do whatever the f.. they want because they've had a lot of success so far hey ?
Brad - I love your passion and if our players had half of your passion we wouldn’t be coming last.

But some of your suggestions are out there mate and you gotta cop the feedback. Fifita was a dumb dumb signing at $1.2 million. To sign a backrower on that money is stupid.

The Gould thing has nothing to do with money. He is set for life. He won’t break his deal with the Warriors out of principal. We could offer him $10 million and he wouldn’t take it.

You can’t just throw money around everywhere. It ain’t Monopoly money

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad - I love your passion and if our players had half of your passion we wouldn’t be coming last.

But some of your suggestions are out there mate and you gotta cop the feedback. Fifita was a dumb dumb signing at $1.2 million. To sign a backrower on that money is stupid.

The Gould thing has nothing to do with money. He is set for life. He won’t break his deal with the Warriors out of principal. We could offer him $10 million and he wouldn’t take it.

You can’t just throw money around everywhere. It ain’t Monopoly money
Cheers Howie B. I wasn't saying Fifita was a great signing at that price - just using it as an example of a club making an offer he couldn't refuse.

Re Gould, I've heard the opposite - that he likes to be pursued and the article today suggests we're a chance if we up our offer. Principal only goes so far with most people. If we offer him more than he's even getting at Channel Nine he's definitely a chance. He has to have a soft spot for us as a former player and coach just like he had a soft spot for the Panthers as a former player. Didn't get on with the Andersons from what I've heard but they're gone. The club has the money to get a deal done. Look at what we paid Des and his team of flunkies.

We have plenty of sponsors at the moment but they're not going to stay long if we don't do something drastic and turn around things QUICKLY

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fisher Harris has already re-signed. Most of the things you've listed are pipe dreams and will never happen.
Yes all too hard hey ? We should just keep doing what we're doing. LOL

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just look at the Broncos today. They won against sharks. Why?

because one staggs provided so much energy and two Ben ikin has joined the club and has had enough of this weak ass excuses and has started to bring positive energy into the once great club.

We need Gould or Bellamy. Heck Wayne Bennett has said he has no clue where his going next year. Get the **** in and you watch our players understand mentality and how to play for your club. Unbelievable we didn’t sign hook, Holbrook when we were the first club to punt our coach. The fact of the matter is, either our board have become so lost with what to do at the club that they are scared if they decide on something and it goes wrong, us members are going to create a riot.

If we could resurrect bullfrog for one day he definitely would call a demolition company and knock down everything and start again that’s how disgusted he would be with the great club we have become. I’m sure everyone in the past e.g Dib and co are laughing at how we’ve become in the last 5 years.

the only way we are going to get through this is our club comes out and holds a Facebook live members forum to ask any questions we have to start showing us fans/members we are still engaged and not blindfolded in what’s going on.

All I can say ladies and gentlemen is be patient because it’s going to be the wooden spoon for us and I don’t see us coming out next year strong due to our mental estate that these players already have.

Much love brothers and sisters.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes all too hard hey ? We should just keep doing what we're doing. LOL
No one ever said that. But we have to be realistic. We can't just demand they sign stars by offering them whatever they want because it doesn't work like that.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on Steve Hansen went from coaching the greatest rugby team ever to being an assistant coach for the worst NRL team and that's a promotion?
Assistant coaches look after most of the X's and O's these days, hard to ask Hansen to do that when he doesn't have a league background
What's he doing these days for $$$ ?. He's a consultant at the moment so yes assistant coach is technically an upgrade. He needs to be here fulltime and talk to the players every day. You can have 1 assistant coach or 10. He doesn't have to be the trainer or attack or defence coach. He needs to be more hands on with the players. Zoom meetings don't quite cut it with young league players. If Barrett is gun shy / too nice to get mean then someone needs to. Barrett obviously doesn't see enough value in Furner to even have him next to him during games. Hansen can give plenty of advice on player attitude / motivation. As soon as he sees our players laughing and joking with the opposition 2 seconds after getting thrashed hopefully Hansen will tell Barrett to get up them and have some f..king pride.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.dufty
2.fox
3.averillo
4.naden
5.cotric
6.burton
7.pearce
8.thompson
9.hodgson