What's happening with Topine?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Been playing well, seems to be well liked by the squad, but isn't getting a look-in in first grade and is without a contract, as far as i'm aware.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus avoids or diverts answering questions about him. Something is up, feels like he doesn't like him

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a feeling Gus wants to keep him for depth, but he's just setting him up for a low ball contract - trying to get some value.

I think Gus knows he will stay for less because of how much he loves the club.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's strange. I'm wondering if perhaps they are struggling to see where he fits in.

If he can maintain his pace and ellusiveness and put on another 5 kgs he'd be even more dangerous I reckon.

Had a decent game today and was a major part in getting us back in the game.

Edwards and Stuckey were also very good.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Even the bloke making the gatorade has been given a go this year

i see no future for him at belmore

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No future with the club and it’s very obvious for all to see. Unless they’re offering him a minimum wage contract and he could want something more concrete especially considering he put his hand up to get shopped with English super league. That tells me he wasn’t having many options in Aus. He definitely should look elsewhere, and see where his talent can take him. I’m shocked he is even looking at ESL but hopefully another club takes him on. Really surprised no other club has been looking at him.. We shall see…

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s strange because no other team has been linked to him knowing he is off contract come seasons end.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe there’s more to Topine that’s been kept private. Deserves a shot we have nothing to loose.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Go to Melbourne, the next Kenny Bromwich

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably because he is already signed just not technically beyond the end of this contract... I'd say him leaving isnt even being entertained unless its from commentary.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a weird one. Hasn’t been mentioned as leaving elsewhere. Even the commentary today when he scored his try, mentioned he loves the club. Would of thought he’d get a run this year. Or are they keeping him in reserve grade to develop him, he is still eligible for Flegg.

Gus has been vocal on saying Covid ruined development for a lot of young kids. He hadn’t played much footy 20-21. Maybe just keeping him in reserve grade to develop him?

Doglover28

Waterboy
Reaction score
I remember a month ago that his manager was shopping him and other of his players to the super league

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just because he isn't involved in a media circus, doesn't mean he's not on the radar for other clubs. I haven't seen that much of him, but based on the small amount I've seen, he seems like a high energy player that gets involved in everything he can. Might not be the most skilled, but these types of player can be the difference between a team giving up or seeing that high energy and being inspired to keep the effort up.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He must be a shit trainer, because he does everything else right.

Playing well in cup. Engages with the fans, media and the FG team. A real clubman.

Someone get him photos of Gus’ ‘missus for leverage. Need to be kept imho

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely was good today confess i also haven't watched much of his season.Idk if he is out of favour though still feel his size is a sticking point for the club if being viewed as a starting edge backrower..who knows, is it a choice between him and Doorey scenario maybe we can't keep both ..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he gets re-signed because he has potential, is a good defender, is well liked by everyone, seems like a great kid.. I don't understand why others have gotten chances ahead of him and he remains unsigned. It doesn't bode well for his chances of staying. Hopefully he does because he can be a useful squad player for FG.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope he gets re-signed because he has potential, is a good defender, is well liked by everyone, seems like a great kid.. I don't understand why others have gotten chances ahead of him and he remains unsigned. It doesn't bode well for his chances of staying. Hopefully he does because he can be a useful squad player for FG.
Got to be 100% better value to the team than Stimpy surely. Loves the club. Leads the victory song. Fans love to see his enthusiasm and he is the embodiment of a local junior success, transitioning from captaining schoolboy national teams to first grade and the players know the huge energy he brings on the field.

It's totally bizarre what is happening at present with no news either way on his future.

Last edited: