WHATS HAPPENED TO OUR FLEGG SQUAD

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone got any answers. Seems like this is the squad no one cares about. At the beginning of the season on paper we had a pretty decent team. Now it’s pretty much the SG ball team. You can’t tell me those boys deserve playing over a lot of the “of age” Flegg players. Week in week out they get flogged, Every team we play know to run at the younger boys. What a disappointing season for what could’ve been a great season for Flegg.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any answers. Seems like this is the squad no one cares about. At the beginning of the season on paper we had a pretty decent team. Now it’s pretty much the SG ball team. You can’t tell me those boys deserve playing over a lot of the “of age” Flegg players. Week in week out they get flogged, Every team we play know to run at the younger boys. What a disappointing season for what could’ve been a great season for Flegg.
Iv been asking the same question - asked Gould about it but didnt get an answer. Seem to chop and change the team even after a win. Earlier in the year, when the SGBall team were still playing, SGball players who couldnt make the sgabll team were getting games in Flegg.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Iv been asking the same question - asked Gould about it but didnt get an answer. Seem to chop and change the team even after a win. Earlier in the year, when the SGBall team were still playing, SGball players who couldnt make the sgabll team were getting games in Flegg.
New boy ex Warriors centre Eric Vaafusuaga also playing today.

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Clueless on what is going on. Feel sorry for the boys. Turahui, Ghantous, Fuatimau dropped to shield. Turahui came on a top 30 contract didn’t he? No consistency in the squad right from the start. You are right, win or loose the team always changed.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't followed the younger squads much. But I know we're supposed to have gotten out own junior playing group back after having relied on outside clubs to house our juniors for the last decade or more. If they're trying to sort out the best from the Mounties squads and our own newly reinstated feeders then it's ok I guess. One year of pain in the junior ranks in order to create a strong base to develop for the next few years.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its called development it will better for the boys long term getting a taste of the grade above.
Gus knows what he's doing.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ht Dogs 20 rabbits s 6

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not really development when some of the players getting to play shouldn’t really be playing. Yes there are some players that deserve to be playing up there and those that still need to develop should be the ones playing the Shield games. Just before COVID came along development went a little like this…. After SG/HM season a Pups academy was made to help develop players, from that Pups academy for the SG aged boys you played Shield and some would progress to Flegg. You had to work and show progress. It is not the case this year. There are some SG Ball players that just don’t deserve to be playing Flegg at the moment.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early to Mid Season copped a massive amount of injuries now alot of them are being brought through nsw cup what better for there development if we look at it the likes of BBO,Topine,Hoffman,Schoupp, Kiraz, Alamoti, Averillo, Patolo, Toia just to name a few and there are still all eligible to still play flegg but they are up in either 1st or cup then there a heap of others I haven't named that have all played cup as well rather then there own age in flegg. the club been bringing quite a few of the more talented SG ball players up in to flegg in the likes of Joash Papalii , Lajuan Vito, Iverson Matai, Jonathan Sua , Jordan Mazzone, Joseph O'Neill . Gus did the same thing at Panthers it will only benefit us in the long run imo

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is jordie mazzone faster than jac?

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Early to Mid Season copped a massive amount of injuries now alot of them are being brought through nsw cup what better for there development if we look at it the likes of BBO,Topine,Hoffman,Schoupp, Kiraz, Alamoti, Averillo, Patolo, Toia just to name a few and there are still all eligible to still play flegg but they are up in either 1st or cup then there a heap of others I haven't named that have all played cup as well rather then there own age in flegg. the club been bringing quite a few of the more talented SG ball players up in to flegg in the likes of Joash Papalii , Lajuan Vito, Iverson Matai, Jonathan Sua , Jordan Mazzone, Joseph O'Neill . Gus did the same thing at Panthers it will only benefit us in the long run imo
Totally agree that those first named players to play up with Cup and 1st grade. I’ve watched Topine, Alamoti, Averillo, Patolo through the younger squads. I believe out of the list you’ve stayed of the SG ball players that Papalii, Matai and O’Neil should be playing. I don’t wana comment on Mazzone because I haven’t followed him but there is a long curly dark blonde haired winger that’s played and he does really well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It obviously isn't ideal.. No junior/lower grades footy for two years led to bigger squads and them wanting to rotate more players to get a look at everyone.. Numerous Flegg players playing NSW Cup would be part of the reason.

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It obviously isn't ideal.. No junior/lower grades footy for two years led to bigger squads and them wanting to rotate more players to get a look at everyone.. Numerous Flegg players playing NSW Cup would be part of the reason.
I think the only Flegg boys bouncing back between the 2 squads is Rajab and Hopoi.
Good to see a strong win today