What's Happened to Flannigan?

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have a different view to others. When he's had enough chances like Lewis had then I'll write him off. People forget how inexperienced and young he actually is...
Flanagan turns 23 in 4 months and has more nrl games under his belt than Lewis. He had nearly a full year with the roosters and a full preseason with the dogs. I say he be needs to step up or move on.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan turns 23 in 4 months and has more nrl games under his belt than Lewis. He had nearly a full year with the roosters and a full preseason with the dogs. I say he be needs to step up or move on.
Apparently they both have played 39 first grade games. My argument would be that Kyle was made to sit back behind Teddy and Keary and not lead the side, whereas Lewis tried to do everything and had no one overrule him. So go me this year is like Kyle's first true test and he just doesn't have the quality and experience to help him... All the pre season media didn't help, they should have protected the kid.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently they both have played 39 first grade games. My argument would be that Kyle was made to sit back behind Teddy and Keary and not lead the side, whereas Lewis tried to do everything and had no one overrule him. So go me this year is like Kyle's first true test and he just doesn't have the quality and experience to help him... All the pre season media didn't help, they should have protected the kid.
Still doesn’t explain some of his last tackle options.

Even a lack of experience you’d think a half would be able to get to the end of the set, kick, apply pressure and build on that.
That’s basics taught from the juniors.

So far he hasn’t been able to cut it

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lisenting to Barrett on Wednesday he was suggesting Flange would be back I FG sooner rather than later. He looked more than respectable next to Keary at the Rorters and they simply had the plan all along to play Sam Walker.

Beside a decent 5/8 like Burton who will control the attack I think Flange would not run around like a Chook with no head. Playing beside Averillo you have 2 in-experienced halves with neither willing or capable of running the side.

I very much doubt Barrett is looking for another half otherwise not signing the tattooed midget makes no sense at all....

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lisenting to Barrett on Wednesday he was suggesting Flange would be back I FG sooner rather than later. He looked more than respectable next to Keary at the Rorters and they simply had the plan all along to play Sam Walker.

Beside a decent 5/8 like Burton who will control the attack I think Flange would not run around like a Chook with no head. Playing beside Averillo you have 2 in-experienced halves with neither willing or capable of running the side.

I very much doubt Barrett is looking for another half otherwise not signing the tattooed midget makes no sense at all....
I think Barrett has set his hopes on Burton and Averillo, who has more attributes to make a reasonable half than Flanno.
Much better kicking game, is faster and more willing to run than Flanno.
Besides Flanno is older and has had the advantage of only been played at half, while Averillo has been shunted to just about ever position in the backline.
Signing Flanno was just another one of our clubs many mistakes IMHO.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Personal I think the club should shop him around, we can make the excuse that he is playing behind a loosing pack, but IMHO their is no excuse for some of his obvious weaknesses. (1) A very poor and useless kicking game which is so crucial in todays game. (2) Dosen't appear to have a running game. (3) dosen't appear to have any speed off the mark.
Lightning doesn’t strike twice…
Which club would see it as a reasonable gamble if two other clubs had both cut The Flange after one season? I strongly doubt he’s going anywhere in the near term and we just have to hope he goes better with more quality around him as he had in Bondi and maybe even better as he matures and gains more experience.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which club would see it as a reasonable gamble if two other clubs had both cut The Flange after one season?
Very valid point, I cant imagine they would be lined up out the door waiting to sign him. Then again I hear there are 2 or 3 clubs looking to sign Milford.. There must be some dumber recruiters then ours out there..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Very valid point, I cant imagine they would be lined up out the door waiting to sign him. Then again I hear there are 2 or 3 clubs looking to sign Milford.. There must be some dumber recruiters then ours out there..
Very true mate. Better look out for lightning! :tearsofjoy:.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which club would see it as a reasonable gamble if two other clubs had both cut The Flange after one season? I strongly doubt he’s going anywhere in the near term and we just have to hope he goes better with more quality around him as he had in Bondi and maybe even better as he matures and gains more experience.
I think the club has to bite the bullet, and ego to, and consider the fact that some times you are better off letting players go and paying some of the freight

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder if his rip injury is legit or a smokescreen for him being dumped or having a sook

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score

Burton aint going to do shit for flano and i cant wait to see bbo take his spot soon

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can see your point with some of our players been contracted for 22 and 23.
That’s it - and how much freight would we have to carry. We not long ago dug ourselves out of a cap mess and need to be careful not to end up there again.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the club is treating him with kid gloves at the moment because the media beat up..they were carrying on like he should be on suicide watch...totally ridiculous over exaggeration regarding the presser he did where he got a little emotional regarding his dad...who wouldn’t.

I hope he gets back and plays with confidence...in saying that there is legit completion for his position in the side

Last edited: