What would you do to drastically change things up to end the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given our season is over, and the severe lack of strike power we need to make some changes for the future and try some potentially drastic things.
This is my lineup:
1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Brenko
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Cleeland
7. Frawley
(only because there is no better option really)
8. Klemmer
9. Garvey
10. Fualalo
11. Morris
12. RFM
13. Jackson (c)

14. Woolford
(let him replace garvey when he starts losing focus. He needs a crack IMO)
15. Graham
16. Elliot
17. Tualau

Despite a lot of other peoples opinions i found it difficult to drop Tolman as i think he is the glue that holds our middle together. But i think we need to see how the team goes without him.
Mbye needs to be tried at fullback. He has all the attributes.
Hoppa has had a number of try assists this year and i think he would do better in the centres giving good ball to montoya.
Same for brenko. Having morris outside of him would help his decision making in defense, and with his offloading ability he would give Bmoz plenty of good ball.
Jmoz has still got plenty to offer in my opinion, but he has lost some pace over the years. Move him in a bit tighter in the second row.
Cleeland has been killing it lately and i think its time he was given a go!! If he finishes the year in good form and is performing better then frawley, then we know who should partner foran next year.
Reynolds form has been below par lately, and we need to look to bext year.

OVER TO YOU GUYS. HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE THE TEAM??

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously it doesn't matter. Until the front office is sorted these guys don't want to play for suited up executives running an inept organisation that supports an outdated controlling coach

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sack des and watch us go also sack tolman

Reactions: GDR

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wouldn't bother tbh. I would probs just turn up to training and kick Des in the balls really hard and then go back home.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sign Tyronne Roberts effective immediately

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye
montoya
Morris
Lee
Morris/stanley
Reynolds
Cleeland
RFM
Elliot
Jackson
Klemmer
Lichaa/woolford
Tolman

Graham
Tualau
Faulalo
Anyone else as Hasler never uses them anyway

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1.) Wait for Mad Monday
2.) Spike the drinks of all the duds on long contracts, i.e. Tolman, Hoppa, Mbye, Eastwood etc. Basically 95% of the team.
3.) Get them blind drunk and have some skimpy females enter the room and a couple of hangers on (club employees) armed with cellphone cameras.
4.) Wait for something to go wrong and record the footage.
5.) Sell the best footage to media, returning that money to the local club Juniors.
5.) Sack everyone who was involved (95% of the team). Make excuses for Montoya, RFM, Klemmer and Jackson.
6.) Play 2018 with a park footy team and a new coach (coach will get sacked too). A few of those players may do well and get a contract still worth peanuts($200k).
7.) Spend the 2018 warchest by buying players out of their contracts and win the comp by 2020.
8.) Noone will remember the incident as we have won a comp and will be darlings of the league. We simply "turned a bad year" around and won a comp.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
J Moz still has a lot to offer in defense but is now too slow for the centres.
Could he do a Chris Lawrence and make a switch to the back row? Defensively he would cope and is still way faster than Eastwood and Tolman.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could he do a Chris Lawrence and make a switch to the back row? Defensively he would cope and is still way faster than Eastwood and Tolman.
Yeah i agree. Could be a weapon in the backrow with his footwork.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im surprised how few people actually made an effort to respond to this thread given how disapointed and bitter everyone seems to be at the minute. Is it easier to just complain about the situation? I guess so. Lol

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Someone to yell cattledog in the first scrum and start an all in brawl

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett morris
3. Brenko Lee
4. Richie Kenner
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Josh Cleeland (Two five eights Frawley is a dud)
8. Klemmer
9. Woolford
10. Fualolo
11. RFM
12. Renouf To Omaga
13. Josh Jackson

14. Tualou
15. Graham
16. Elliot
17. Josh Morris

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Given our season is over, and the severe lack of strike power we need to make some changes for the future and try some potentially drastic things.
This is my lineup:
1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Brenko
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Cleeland
7. Frawley
(only because there is no better option really)
8. Klemmer
9. Garvey
10. Fualalo
11. Morris
12. RFM
13. Jackson (c)

14. Woolford
(let him replace garvey when he starts losing focus. He needs a crack IMO)
15. Graham
16. Elliot
17. Tualau

Despite a lot of other peoples opinions i found it difficult to drop Tolman as i think he is the glue that holds our middle together. But i think we need to see how the team goes without him.
Mbye needs to be tried at fullback. He has all the attributes.
Hoppa has had a number of try assists this year and i think he would do better in the centres giving good ball to montoya.
Same for brenko. Having morris outside of him would help his decision making in defense, and with his offloading ability he would give Bmoz plenty of good ball.
Jmoz has still got plenty to offer in my opinion, but he has lost some pace over the years. Move him in a bit tighter in the second row.
Cleeland has been killing it lately and i think its time he was given a go!! If he finishes the year in good form and is performing better then frawley, then we know who should partner foran next year.
Reynolds form has been below par lately, and we need to look to bext year.

OVER TO YOU GUYS. HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE THE TEAM??
I'm for

1. Hoppa
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Reynolds
7. Cleeland
8. Klemmer
9. Mbye
10. Faulalo
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. RFM

14. Graham
15. Tolman
16. Tualau
17. Kasiano

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Im surprised how few people actually made an effort to respond to this thread given how disapointed and bitter everyone seems to be at the minute. Is it easier to just complain about the situation? I guess so. Lol
Casue i can see Des reads this, and really gives 2 fucks what any of us think!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Drastic changes you say? I would design this gameplan where we take 4 settlers per set followed by either kicking it straight to the FB OR and here is the tricky part.....get tackled on the 5th so we can't drop it! I believe this will revolutionise RL and no one would ever figure out how to counter attack it.

Now seriously what sort of insane fukwit would come up with this gameplan and what would you think of him?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to see the following between now and round 5 next year:

1. Backs;

A complete overhaul of the backline, with at least one of the morris twins being moved on to England, for example brett morris. Montoya has cemented his wing spot and Josh Morris can occupy the other.

A young fullback with speed and ball playing ability to start at the back. If it's not abbey then go out to the bush and find someone. You can use some of bmoz cash to poach.

Floppa to the centres. Brenko in the other spot.

2. Halves

Nu Brown and Foran.

3. Hooker

Mbye to build his game in the offseason.

4. Forwards

Woods, Klemmer, Jackson, Elliot and RFM.

Graham and Plodman to be shipped to Newcastle on a buy one get one free deal.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because changing the line up will hardly improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.