What would you do if we merged?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't even want to think about it ...but.

There would be a lot of very angry, upset fans, from both clubs, and unhappy about loosing their club's identity.

The controversy and push back from our fans would be enormous....and not worth all the grief the NRLol would get I'd suggest :grinning:

Lots of fans stopped following League when ARL/Super League occurred and didn't feel the same way about the game....that could possibly happen with this proposal if it ever got floated.

If Gus promoted it and promised we'd totally swallow up Wests, then maybe lol.

berryboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I grew up at Belmore Sports ground in the 70's and 80's. The blue and white colours still to this day can make the hairs on my arms stand up (maybe not with that KIA logo on the front). If they merge with the West Tigers and lose all that history and colour - that would be it for me. I would lose interest

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
After more than four decades I’d lose interest quickly.
All joint ventures have largely flopped. Yes St. Merge and the Tigpies have one title each in 20+ years but they are not happy marriages and the Northern Eagles was a disaster. The only solution is clubs willing to relocate or let the weak ones die a natural death. I can’t see that happening to us given our financial strength through the league club. No merger. Bulldogs forever or I’ll have to find a new winter hobby.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even want to think about it ...but.

There would be a lot of very angry, upset fans, from both clubs, and unhappy about loosing their club's identity.

The controversy and push back from our fans would be enormous....and not worth all the grief the NRLol would get I'd suggest :grinning:

Lots of fans stopped following League when ARL/Super League occurred and didn't feel the same way about the game....that could possibly happen with this proposal if it ever got floated.

If Gus promoted it and promised we'd totally swallow up Wests, then maybe lol.
The tigers lost their identity a long time ago.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still watch 1-2 of the best games a week but as a neutral only

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the battle of brand supremously any merger with the tigpies would see the Wests Tigers go the way of the Dodo bird. The Magpies ran for the hills the last time we offered to merge with them knowing such a take over would occur naturally. Let's face it WE ARE THE BULLDOGS.....we are not some flee infested rat with wings or jail house rock pussy cat. Personally I don't believe in mergers what's the use off having two ailling clubs join together as one if they are costantly going to be looking for a handout from the governing body. Either fight for your survival, relocate or die.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Having the financial strength and backing along with our large supporter base, why would we ever need to merge?

If they got rid of the salary cap and left clubs to fight for survival, we would be one of the strongest clubs in the land. Again, why would we agree to a merger with anyone?

It's either the blue and white Bulldogs or I'll support and spend my money somewhere other than NRL

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have one of the richest league clubs in the comp, we own a shit load of real estate, 85 plus years in the comp and we are about to start another dynasty period..

Fuck any merger ever. We have the tools to control our own destiny. We need to build our own stadium and dominate the game like we use to.

End of.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance.
Despite a terrible patch in recent years, the bulldogs are a strong club with rich history over more than 85 years. It is financially strong and has a big fan base.

On top of that, it wouldn't make sense to merge a merged club. If they combined two clubs and still fail, that's on them, let them die.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Only games I watch these days are games the dogs are playing. If they merged I would completely lose interest. Much prefer American sports and the EPL. Dogs are the only reason I watch NRL at all

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Would move to Perth and support Western Bulldogs lol

Nah I'd stop supporting them altogether. No more going to games. No more buying merch. Nothing. I'd still watch footy though.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you just imagine the outrage if this actually happened.

Souffs '99 protest march would fade into insignificance.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a farkin stupid question, we are far too strong and have more than enough money to fight the NRL till they give up pursuing something that have no chance of winning. Unlike the Wabbits who had no resources, we would be too hard to push out out and far too tough to force into a merger. Add our next to unlimited fighting ability to whoever the NRL wanted us to merge with who would undoubtedly also want to fight.

Move on nothing to see here, never happen, pigs might fly.

Always a Bulldog