• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, lets say the NRL decides we need to cull some Sydney teams and we get swept up in it. If we did I would say the Wests Tigers is a likely choice for us to merge with (assuming Penrith would merge with Parramatta), but maybe we would merge with one of those as well.

What would you do? Would you stop supporting us? Change teams? Quit NRL entirely? I am curious.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, I'll continue to support only if we are still blue n white and still Bulldogs with a Tiger on the left side of our blue n white shorts and a Magpie on the right side of our shorts. NOT NEGOTIABLE. It would be the logical merger God forbid.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree west would be obvious choice.
but so would parra. And possibly stgeorge.
souths could join roosters. Penrith and parra. Cronulla and stmerge.
there are so many possibilities

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worry about it when it was a serious chance of happening(pretty unlikely i would have thought), would still follow the Dogs/merge but it would never be the same again..My old man was Wests through and through played lower grades for them, they were dead to him when the merge happened.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about the comedy clubs just go to the 2nd tier if they aren't financially sustainable. Why on earth would you merge with a comedy club that cannot sustain itself?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Blue and white (with one black stripe on shorts OR black highlight outline on our blue V for Wests)...that's it! :grinning:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no way parra and Penrith would merge, dont need too.
I would hate to loose any Sydney teams at all, I just do not want to see another qld team being put in our comp, make another country team or what the Bears are saying caters for Country, Gosford, North Coast etc. A traditional club brought back is the go.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The 3 QLD teams are pretty shit and Dolphins are not looking real good ATM.

They could merge some QLD teams

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think it'd ever happen to us but it'll depend how recognizable we're to what we're now. If we weren't called Canterbury or the Bulldogs or our colours weren't blue and white it would never sit well with me. I'm a NRL fan, not just Bulldogs, but I can never see myself supporting another team.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another thought if the mighty dogs had no other choice. I’d suggest a move to wa. My strong preference is to stay stand alone

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hypothetical question not likely to happen and if it did it would be the sharks and dragons or roosters and manly,4 clubs that have always had problems drawing crowds,apart from the last few years we have always drawn good crowds.