What Will You Miss About Avo?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo’s quick I’ll give him that. And while I’m hesitant to pin hope on a guy that hasn’t played in 4 years, there’s no fucken way he’s as quick as Xerri was before he was suspended.
whether or not he’s still got that speed, we’ll have to wait and see, but Roger Fabri seems to think so, and he knows speed.
Im fully aware that Xerri could flop after so long out of the game, but if he fires, we’ll all soon be struggling to remember Avo’s name.
I have a feeling the same WTF blowtorch that was applied on Averillo will be put on Roger Fabri within a couple of games from Xerri....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I’ll miss the way he glided across the field
I’ll miss the way he could run and step at an 180 degree angle and didn’t give a fuck about no one
I’ll miss the way he could spark somethifn out of nothing
I’ll miss the way when the going got tough the ‘Brodie Croft gene’ in him came out and he will dig deep and try and aim for the team
I’ll miss the way he smiles and talked about the doggs
I’ll miss his X factor and his sheer numerical try scoring numbers
I’ll miss his rebellious nature and how he thumbed his nose at the PC brigade
I’ll miss his versatility and how we can slot him into anywhere

what I won’t miss:
His defence yo he be like Matt Dufty up in this bitch

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have a feeling the same WTF blowtorch that was applied on Averillo will be put on Roger Fabri within a couple of games from Xerri....
Probably.
personally, I don’t think we’ll see Xerri for the first half of the season.
4 years is a long time out. I doubt he just going to walk into a FG side, even one as shit as ours.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody bagging him, and saying they won't miss him are either dumb or have rocks in their head. Avo has never had time to nail down one position and see how truly good he is. From Halfback, to 5/8th, to centre, to fullback in the space of a couple of years. He's also had 3 coaches in the same timeframe, and also played with terrible roster. He's a better player than Nick Meaney and Meaney is killing it in Melbourne. Avo will smash it over the next couple of years at the Dolphins, and the same riff buffs bagging him will start threads everyday asking why we let him go.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
frawley,josh and brett morris, ogden,JMK,Klemmer,Tolman,Atoni,Schoup,Harper,wakeham,
Corey Harawira-Naera
Theres another 12
24 since Lane debuted. By the way Lane was traded in the Hasler era. When we still had a solid squad. Should check the stats from the squads that came after that era.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His attack. Can get through a hole. His defence and out of positional play at fullback definitely not.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably.
personally, I don’t think we’ll see Xerri for the first half of the season.
4 years is a long time out. I doubt he just going to walk into a FG side, even one as shit as ours.
He’s as good as anyone especially if our injury run continues as you point out we suck

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His speed. A nice bloke with good character.
Good sum up - he’s one bloke that doesn’t deserve to cop our sh!t on the way out, he’s tried hard for us from day one and genuinely loved the club. Refound his confidence and ability at FB - good luck at the Dolphins.

Personally, Crichton or Taaffe will do as good a job or better imo - middles are our biggest area of concern right now…. Of course, if a half the caliber of Hunt or Dearden becomes available - be a good pick up.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
His speed is an asset, and his ability to chime in and put players away.

We have Blake Taaffe next year, who could be a good replacement.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The has-been [mention]TheSexDogs [/mention]froths over [emoji23]
Didn't want to single him out. He has actually been one of the better performers during a very poor season. It just highlights our inability to get the little things right and must be all down to attention to detail and confidence throughout the whole team.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
24 since Lane debuted. By the way Lane was traded in the Hasler era. When we still had a solid squad. Should check the stats from the squads that came after that era.
i'll swap out lane for Joe Stimson