What were we missing from the knights game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Kenny = fairweather fan. He was probably feeding his dog.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Intensity was lacking, and way too much dropped ball. A classic Bulldogs resurgence in the second half but it too little too late. Are we missing El Magic's radar boot?

The boys can only get better from that woeful performance but I do have concerns that Eastwood's loss is a big one. I'm a big fan of Danny Williams and really think KM should give him a run. What do you reckon?

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What do you guys reckon we were missing from the knights game?
Eastwood?
Halatau?
Heart and attitude?
Presense of BK?
Hazem and his steadiness?

Also explain it this ain't a hate thread...
God! Where do you start firstly i think attitude played a big part we were out there playing as if it was just another trial game. Our completion rate was terrible & as a result we made way! too many errors we cant win games if we cant hold on to the ball or throw decent passes. Bk had a shocking kicking game & didnt give us any real direction which was a worry. Our defense was just as bad we wernt wrapping up the ball when tackling & that resulted in them offloading the ball continually & making meters on us. Another worry is that we score most of our tries on the sidelines (Goodwin & Morris were our top try scorers last year) yet Ennis isnt that good at kicking them from that distance so im afraid we might loss alot of the close games.

I also think Agro should start as Buddy gives us better impact of the bench.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intensity was lacking, and way too much dropped ball. A classic Bulldogs resurgence in the second half but it too little too late. Are we missing El Magic's radar boot?

The boys can only get better from that woeful performance but I do have concerns that Eastwood's loss is a big one. I'm a big fan of Danny Williams and really think KM should give him a run. What do you reckon?
Yeah, Eastwood is a big loss..but Buddy is halfway there.... Williams... ahhh...
is a long way behind... I haven't really seen him step up in the 2 years he has
been with us......

T

Toro

Good topic... "what were we missing???"

I'll tell you what we were missing:

1) Heart
2) Brains
3) The will to win... we didn't contest the high ball... we didn't scramble for loose balls... we fell off tackles and we didn't ask questions of their defence...

Meh... cbf adding more... too depressing...

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
there was no structure at all and players were all over the place...for me noddy didnt have control like he normally does and i think it showed how bad it can get if he doesnt do so

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, we had "one of those nights", and it just happened to coincide with the first game of the season.

Remember last year we played one really flat game in a similar fashion.

We'll bounce back, I'm confident.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't think we played that much different than we did towards the back end of last year. Towards the back end and during some stages of last year we seemed to struggle against sides who were mobile upfront and were willing to take us on. It seems that we tend to lose our structure when this happens. Our attack looks disjointed, and our defensive line becomes skewed. I think alot of responsibility lies with whoever is in control of the ruck and does the talking in defence. In recent times, we have never managed to put two excellent halves of football together, apart from the Eagles and Storm games. In some games we look like world beaters, while in others we resemble St John's U12s.

In saying that, last year we did try to prove a point that the coaching staff already knew. Maybe we tried to prove this point way too early in the season, and as a result peaked before we should have. This year we are looking towards guys like Barba and Hickey really stepping up and making an impact on the side.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Psycologicaly we were flat compared to the urgency of the Knights, they were enthusiastic and we need to motivate our men, maybe they were sledged, maybe Hannant didnt get enough sleep, maybe Moore didnt have them ready. Turner and Goodwin can kick so we need to pick our kicker on a weekly basis and rotate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.