What was the worst decision the club has made in the last 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Having no established half come through the ranks to fill the shoes of Sherwin.

2. SBW affair. Playing hard ball got us no where. Should have given him a pay rise.

3. Berber. Staying/going saga dragged on. Management were dishonest with the fans and took them for a ride only to make Berber look bad and take the heat off them.

4. Signing Phony Williams.

5. 2013 fitness regime.

6. Not letting go of Steve Folkes after the 2006 capitulation.

7. Promoting Kevin Moore.

8. Having the same home ground as Soufs.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jt ......... Jt!............................jt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Malcolm noad as CEO. We folded during his tenure and had to be rebuilt.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How bout giving some corrupt douche' a hold of the account books in 2002? We had one what was it 18 straight?

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Letting go of JT
Signing Tony Williams
SBW Saga
Signing Tony Williams
Letting of Karl Mcnickel( I think that's how you spell it)
Signing Tony Williams
Bringing Brett Kimmorley to the club.

Oh yea and signing that useless Fu@& Tony Williams

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sacking Gary Hughes.
Letting JT go.
Deliberately not picking Kane Cleal for FG to avoid paying his contract bonus clause.
Cutting Al Constanidis from the Oasis project.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dead heat for me with letting go of jt and not addressing issues with sbw when he initially raised them with the club. They called his bluff and and he made them pay big time.

Breeding pups

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bulldogs need to concentrate on what goes on the football field. I understand we have to keep our image nice and clean, but that wins you no premierships.
We need to sign good footballers not just good people.
JT was lost not only because we had Anasta but the coffs harbour issue
We also lost G Hughes and then lost IMO a good scout/peoples person M Hughes all from that issue at Coffs.
SBW could have been handled a lot better from both sides, but Greenburg was the reason we lost SBW as there was an agreement in place but Greenburg didn't hold his end of the bargain. all over $30k per season THANX GREENBURG. SIGNING A DUD LIKE T WILLIAMS WAS A MASTERSTROKE $650K
K MOOREON was another pathetic mistake on behalf of our board. when BENNETT is on offer you drop every thing except a contract and a pen.
T-Rex was a waste of every $ spent on one of the worst signings in the history of our great club.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
1. Having no established half come through the ranks to fill the shoes of Sherwin.

2. SBW affair. Playing hard ball got us no where. Should have given him a pay rise.

3. Berber. Staying/going saga dragged on. Management were dishonest with the fans and took them for a ride only to make Berber look bad and take the heat off them.

4. Signing Phony Williams.

5. 2013 fitness regime.

6. Not letting go of Steve Folkes after the 2006 capitulation.

7. Promoting Kevin Moore.

8. Having the same home ground as Soufs.
I love the people on here who are absolute experts on what we SHOULDN'T have done. It's pretty ****ing easy to make negative comments well after the fact.

Tell me expert, were you so against Kevin Moore when we went from spooners to 1 game from the GF? I bet you weren't

We were at Homebush before Souths so how is tha OUR bad decision, before you start the back to Belmore stuff, it's simply not viable in today's game.

It really pisses me off that people are so quick to jump on the bandwagon when things go well and so quick to jump off when things go bad. I bet half the things you bitch about, you were happy about when they first happened.
[video=youtube_share;9rmUZQrvF5o]http://youtu.be/9rmUZQrvF5o[/video]

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the people on here who are absolute experts on what we SHOULDN'T have done. It's pretty ****ing easy to make negative comments well after the fact.

Tell me expert, were you so against Kevin Moore when we went from spooners to 1 game from the GF? I bet you weren't

We were at Homebush before Souths so how is tha OUR bad decision, before you start the back to Belmore stuff, it's simply not viable in today's game.

It really pisses me off that people are so quick to jump on the bandwagon when things go well and so quick to jump off when things go bad. I bet half the things you bitch about, you were happy about when they first happened.
I death rode Moore since he was appointed.

The Homebush decision was made by Malcolm. I don't support the Belmore project. The place is a dump with no parking or decent public transport. We should be looking at renovating one of the ghost town multisport stadiums that are in and around Homebush.

You should have some respect and avoid passing judgment on someone you disagree with. It makes you less persuasive when you give your own views.

The point of this thread is to nominate what you believe is the worst decision the club made in the past 10 years.

I have done so and given my reasons. In circumstances where I have not furnished appropriate reasons, the answer is patently obvious.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 Letting Isaac Luke go to Souths
2 Buying Tony Williams
3 Keeping Tony Williams :frusty:
4 In retrospect - Giving Ben Barba the kid glove treatment hoping he would put in another 2012 performance, when Barba had already made up his mind where he wanted to be.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

pretty shit post considering the thread title. Since you generalise by saying 'people' I'll back my comment all the way thanks. You obviously have an opinion as do others just leave it at that

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Sacking Gary Hughes.
Letting JT go.
Deliberately not picking Kane Cleal for FG to avoid paying his contract bonus clause.
Cutting Al Constanidis from the Oasis project.
great post. the sacking of Garry Hughes and the cleal thing were very un bulldog like

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't rank these in order as they are all equal first.

But letting Billy Ngawini go, letting Aaron Groom go, letting Marvin Karawana go, letting Paki Afu go, letting Karl Mcknichol go, letting Marmin Barba go, letting The Tongan Terminator go (combined these players probably have under 10 games first grade experience for us) :p

Letting these players go reduced the number of kennel members posting and general forum discussion about team selections and what not. Just have to say luckily we had player like Lett, Sila, Romelo to keep some of the kennel traffic up there :p

I just want to know. The person that released those players..... did he see their highlight video??? Because if they did and still let them go then they were niff nuffs of the highest order.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
1. Letting johnno go
2. Not keeping sezer.
3. Paying too much for tony Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.