Opinion What Trent needs to do ASAP

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see us have a few more games in the dry. Hard to be too hard on our attack when Manly who scored tries left right and centre last year also only scored two tries. We need to be patient.

At least our defence has improved out of site. That should of been the main focus. As the saying goes, get your defence sorted, attack will come off the back of that.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone remember the talk when JAC was brought to the club he was supposed to be the fullback?

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo (Baz got it wrong, BBO next best option)
9. JMK

2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Burns (isn't a winger)
5. Naden

8. King (demands more minutes)
10. Vaughan
11. TPJ (Waddell doesn't offer enough on an edge)
12. Hetherington
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Thompson
16. Patolo
17. Topine (bleeds blue and white and other options dogshit, e.g. Waddell)

I'd be sussing out Shane Flanagan to take over coaching too.
You mustn’t have watched any games this year. Waddell has easily been near best on field last 2 weeks. Patolo was pathetic tonight and doesn’t deserve another crack until his Reggie numbers demand it.
Patolo out Ava in. I like your backline.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone saying Shane Flanagan, do you really think he will play anyone at 7 other than his son.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel the same mate, but he’s the best on the market.
Maybe I’ll be proven wrong over time but I still think we are building. You’ll have some good days and some
bad days along the way and losing by one point away from home agaisnt a team that beat us by 66 last year is not such a bad day.

I’d be having a good look at getting Cook some game time even if it means BBO goes back to reggies. I rate him but he’s not match fit yet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You mustn’t have watched any games this year. Waddell has easily been near best on field last 2 weeks. Patolo was pathetic tonight and doesn’t deserve another crack until his Reggie numbers demand it.
Patolo out Ava in. I like your backline.
Agree with Ava in with Patolo but I don't mind either way. I personally can't stand Waddell and don't rate him at all. I have him in the same bracket as JMK and Okunbor.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel Barrett has dug himself a hole that he is going to find it hard to get out of. It appears some of the new recruits have a bit of an ego, they look under done, they don't really seem to be playing to a game plan, it seems like it's just go out there and do what you do. No player is bigger than a system and they've all come from that environment. Are they getting too much leniency?
They know they aren't getting dropped anytime soon. Do they actually respect the authority of the coach if he gave them a spray? It seems Barrett is too buddy buddy with that crew of guys, hence why he was so highly spoken of at Penrith. He wasn't dishing the sprays or the authority that the head coach demanded.

Then if wakeham doesn't work out and we end up with Flanagan at 7 and it working, will he be questioned why he couldn't put his personal issues with a player before the team?

I know a lot of the recruits come back to training later and yeah most played deep into the finals but it shows now. Yet none of those teams seem unfit on the weekend like we did. Whatever fitness we are doing in the preseason needs to change its been like it for a few years now

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Ava in with Patolo but I don't mind either way. I personally can't stand Waddell and don't rate him at all. I have him in the same bracket as JMK and Okunbor.
Was Ava dropped tonight?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo (Baz got it wrong, BBO next best option)
9. JMK

2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Burns (isn't a winger)
5. Naden

8. King (demands more minutes)
10. Vaughan
11. TPJ (Waddell doesn't offer enough on an edge)
12. Hetherington
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Thompson
16. Patolo
17. Topine (bleeds blue and white and other options dogshit, e.g. Waddell)

I'd be sussing out Shane Flanagan to take over coaching too.
Hi Brady.. I’m not normally a fan of Waddell, but credit where it’s due. He’s been one of our best the last 2 weeks so I don’t know what Topine has done to get a spot ahead of Waddell

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi Brady.. I’m not normally a fan of Waddell, but credit where it’s due. He’s been one of our best the last 2 weeks so I don’t know what Topine has done to get a spot ahead of Waddell
Yeah I've been critical of him in the past too but I thought he was one of our best today and has had a good start to the year. If he can keep it up its a credit to him