what the nrl can learn from super league

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
After just watching the s.l. grandfinal, I was blown away with the differences to the nrl.
1. Video refs minimal ****king around 1 or 2 replays don't bother with frame by frame replays and got the job done well it was great to see quick decisions.
2 1 ref who had a decent job at the game , sure he missed things but the game kept flowing. You didn't have time to complain over a bad call because the game just kept going.
3.every single play was not under the microscope. There was stuff all stoppages or time outs. No going back to a video a 1000 times to check if it was a knock on .
4. The commentators were not crapping on about rules and just stuck to the game at hand.
5. Punches was good to see , not so much lance getting king hit while he was flat on his back. But a few punches was nice.
6. The players not appealing for a penalty every play and just getting on with it.
Im not sure if it were just because it was a grandfinal the game went like that . But ill now adopt a super league team ( no idea who ) and look forward to watching the season next year.
Thank you superleague for letting rugby league be rugby league.nrl your got to learn start by going back to the basics of what makes league so good in the first place.

mrsimit

New Pup
Reaction score
Ok, I'll respond;
1. It's not always like that. Most of the time they spend 5-10 minutes looking for a reason not to award a try...................... unless it's Leeds scoring :-)
2. We are normally too gobsmacked the ref can call it THAT way to protest.
3. I'll give you that one. Par for the course.
4. Don't know which commentary you were listening to. If it was SKY UK, then they just talk about Wigan and forget who the other team is.
5. Ben Flower apart, I would say there was nothing else in that game that doesn't happen in most games.
6. Pretty fair, although most teams have one nominated moaner who chips away at the ref all game.

I would recommend you adopt us (Saints) for next year :-) We mostly breed our own (with a few foreigners to supplement) and we can play a lot more attractively than that, once our ball players are fit again (and we have Travis Burns coming for next season). Only I'm now very nervous about how we'll fair against Souths in February.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll respond;
1. It's not always like that. Most of the time they spend 5-10 minutes looking for a reason not to award a try...................... unless it's Leeds scoring :-)
2. We are normally too gobsmacked the ref can call it THAT way to protest.
3. I'll give you that one. Par for the course.
4. Don't know which commentary you were listening to. If it was SKY UK, then they just talk about Wigan and forget who the other team is.
5. Ben Flower apart, I would say there was nothing else in that game that doesn't happen in most games.
6. Pretty fair, although most teams have one nominated moaner who chips away at the ref all game.

I would recommend you adopt us (Saints) for next year :-) We mostly breed our own (with a few foreigners to supplement) and we can play a lot more attractively than that, once our ball players are fit again (and we have Travis Burns coming for next season). Only I'm now very nervous about how we'll fair against Souths in February.
The commentators were on euro sports, it was just comforting not to hear 2 olds fukks talk about just about anything except the footy. So if they were bad they are still 10 times better than rabs and gould. I just personally enjoyed it more than the dribble that is the nrl.
P.s. when you play souths please make sure you guys give them a few season ending injuries

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Travis Burns is enough reason alone not follow Saints. Bad enough we've gotta sit through Josh Reynolds each week.

Just follow the team that gets promoted each season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Does Super League have betting sponsors deeply ingrained into the game? Or not?

uk_bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
not really,a betting company wanted to sponsor the super league a few years ago,but their offer was turned down,instead they gave the naming rights away for free

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fortunately, not like the NRL in Australia. Nor do they have a KFC video ref. But the refs are sponsored by Specsavers, so does that count for anything?

Reaction score
After just watching the s.l. grandfinal, I was blown away with the differences to the nrl.
1. Video refs minimal ****king around 1 or 2 replays don't bother with frame by frame replays and got the job done well it was great to see quick decisions.
2 1 ref who had a decent job at the game , sure he missed things but the game kept flowing. You didn't have time to complain over a bad call because the game just kept going.
3.every single play was not under the microscope. There was stuff all stoppages or time outs. No going back to a video a 1000 times to check if it was a knock on .
4. The commentators were not crapping on about rules and just stuck to the game at hand.
5. Punches was good to see , not so much lance getting king hit while he was flat on his back. But a few punches was nice.
6. The players not appealing for a penalty every play and just getting on with it.
Im not sure if it were just because it was a grandfinal the game went like that . But ill now adopt a super league team ( no idea who ) and look forward to watching the season next year.
Thank you superleague for letting rugby league be rugby league.nrl your got to learn start by going back to the basics of what makes league so good in the first place.

3. NRL is much larger than the SL. That's the reason for this.

4. The NRL does not control the commentary.

5. Punches were a terrible look. The first was terrible and the second the worst scene of thuggery perhaps ever. Unacceptable for the code no matter where its played.

6. The NRL doesn't control that.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sack all the suit monkeys and fill the NRL HQ with people who've actually watched the game once in their life.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Travis Burns is enough reason alone not follow Saints. Bad enough we've gotta sit through Josh Reynolds each week.

Just follow the team that gets promoted each season.
Burns is till playing? aha

Status
Not open for further replies.