What the Eels are worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
wow how reliable is this? Its amazing to see they are 400k under the cap still!!!

BTW how is Chris Keating on 100k who barely plays NRL, while Matt Keating who is the hooker is only on 70k lol!!!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks pretty accurate, but it was on the telecrap site so who knows.

Kris Keating got injured thats why Robson was playing. He looked pretty good when I saw him play. Definately their starting halfback when hes fit again.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice thread FB. Your right, they should make one for every team.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adding to your previous comment FB, your spot on... WTF Inu? lol 325K? I wouldnt pay him 3.50

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Hindy and Cayless will more or less retire within a year or 2. If this is accurate, they are easily going to keep all their star players and still be in the hunt for decent replacements.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol @ 350 for poore

Hannant is on 350, Poore isnt even in tha same class

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol @ 350 for poore

Hannant is on 350, Poore isnt even in tha same class
Hannant on 333k - not that much difference but you are right, he sh*ts all over Poore. They arent even on the same planet.

I just cant understand why they are not trying to get rid of Inu.

The comment on Reddy is funny. He will be battling Inu and Tahu for a centre spot. What a joke, I would have Reddy before any of those two.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inu will be forced out (well that's what I'd do anyway). A lot of their players are currently on match payments, now that they are GF players they will demand contracts.

I Reckon Parr will lose one star player and a few others.

Will be intersting to see if they will re-sign both Fui Fui and Morts, both are off contract in 2011. Personally I dont think they can keep both, unless they get rid of inu early.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parramatta face salaray cap crisis that could force one grand final star out

Parramatta Eels are facing a salary cap crisis that could force at least one of their grand final stars to quit the club.

It is understood the Eels are committed to an extra $1.2 million in player payments next year.

The upgrading of Jarryd Hayne's contract on top of signing Justin Poore, Shane Shackleton, and Timana Tahu, plus upcoming contract negotiations with boom rookie Daniel Mortimer, will force the Eels to release at least one player.

And the club could be forced to shed more of the grand final squad with former Parramatta coach Michael Hagan declaring the Eels must poach Test halfback Johnathan Thurston to break the club's 13-year premiership drought.

Eels CEO Paul Osborne said o Monday that while the club was hopeful of retaining all their stars, they were resigned to the possibility of players leaving.

"I understand a few blokes are looking around informally," he said.

Parramatta were struggling near the bottom of the table when the club launched an $870,000 shopping spree that landed NSW Origin front-rower Justin Poore, Roosters forward Shane Shackleton and former Eel Timana Tahu from rugby.

At the time there were doubts over the futures of Luke Burt, Eric Grothe and Nathan Cayless, who have all indicated they want to stay in the blue and gold.

Under the current contract structure, including Hayne's upgrade from $250,000 to $500,000 and Mortimer's rise from $40,000 to $150,000, the Eels will spend $4 million of the $4.1million salary cap on the bulk of Sunday's grand final squad with the addition of Poore, Shackleton and Tahu in 2010.

Osborne will backdate some of the contracts, with Hayne to be paid the bulk of his contract rise in the final three years, when money will be freed up after Nathan Cayless's contract expires next year.

While grand final lock Todd Lowrie has already agreed to link with Melbourne next year, Joe Galuvao has signed with Manly and interchange hooker Kevin Kingston has been forced out after the NRL refused his offer to repay $50,000 in match payments to stay next year, Eric Grothe and journeyman halfback Jeff Robson are expected to walk away.

Although Grothe declared on Monday "I will be here next year", the winger has struck financial troubles that may force him out of the NRL.

Grothe's manager has been seeking rugby deals in Japan and the UK.

"I am here next year," said Grothe, whose 45th-minute try gave the Eels a sniff of victory on Sunday."I'm waiting for an offer. Nothing has come through so I suppose I am here."

Strike centre Krisnan Inu led a plea on Monday to Osborne to retain the grand final squad.

Asked about Robson and Kingston, Inu said: "I hope they are going to be there. They are the heart and soul of the middle of the pack and for them to play the way they played all year you expect them to be there next year and help build the team to be stronger."

Inu said Robson must be rewarded for his role in guiding the Eels to their first grand final in eight years.

S

Squatting Bull

inflated salaries for some very inflated ego's right there.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The greedy agents will all be pushing up the worth of their clients now that they have made a grand final. Parra will not be able to keep any of those players on the figures quoted.

It will be interesting to see who is forced out and what sort of jealousy will start to cause ructions amongst the team.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
joe Galuvao will be handy for manly. Dunno why the storm want Lowrie. They already have Johnson.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hindy and Cayless will more or less retire within a year or 2. If this is accurate, they are easily going to keep all their star players and still be in the hunt for decent replacements.
Hindmarsh wont retire till 2012. I don't care how good Hayne is, Hindmarsh is the spine of that side. You take him out, Parramatta are bound for the wooden spoon every year.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Release Inu tbh. FMD 325k are they kidding me???

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hindmarsh wont retire till 2012. I don't care how good Hayne is, Hindmarsh is the spine of that side. You take him out, Parramatta are bound for the wooden spoon every year.
Agreed. He and Cayless are the only leadership left in that club. Leadership is very important for Grand Final success.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For all the publicity that Moi Moi gets 200K is pretty cheap

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lol Inu will struggle to get half that much in any other team.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For all the publicity that Moi Moi gets 200K is pretty cheap
I'd pay more for Moi Moi than I would for Poore.

LOL@Poore earning 350k. Moi Moi is more deserving of that after this year's performance. He also smacked Poore onto his arse a few weeks ago from what I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.