What the Bulldogs club needs to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
A big stretch I think Nasheed…...apart from the fact that I did say pay to charities (perhaps to Elliot's charities but not necessarily) If Elliot is going to be held as the main culprit (and get charged by the police) then maybe he should have a say in where a portion of the money should go. Let me also say that I do not condone what Elliot and the team did, but having been to that pub and that terrace on numerous occasions, the reporting and photographs were simply an invasion of privacy. It is fair to say that any semi intelligent Bulldogs player or official ought to have known that they in particular were going to be Murdoch media targets on that day. A little clear thinking and control could have prevented this from blowing up.

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fuck oath, they love being outraged so much, this would be the way to give it to them.
Greenberg saying “offending people” is the reason for this absurd fine, it’s fucking STUPID. I have never heard such bullshit in my life.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck oath, they love being outraged so much, this would be the way to give it to them.
Greenberg saying “offending people” is the reason for this absurd fine, it’s fucking STUPID. I have never heard such bullshit in my life.
Offend who, if it wasn't for the damn paper and plastering it all over the front pages the only people who would have seen it was the boys there in attendance. Even the staff probably missed seeing it.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the problem with this is if Elliots charity is directly rewarded by his actions, this guys going to nude up in the middle of ANZ on a sunday afternoon.
I don’t see how that’s a problem

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We - all bulldogs supporters need to organise a show of support for our team, Media will all be over the club in the next few days , So lets take it to the street and be public! Right outside the clubs front doors right in front of telecrap reporters. Bring banners signs drums the lot and Show it Real!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why don't all of us organize something then, do it on the same day of the grand final to draw attention away from the game?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Any, or all, of these suggestions are totally unrealistic and would make the situation 1000 x worse for the club.

And give the Murdoch press a field day and get what they want...the Bulldogs kicked out of the comp.

All clubs participate by invitation and the NRL have the signed rights to the game...nothing would please them more than suspending us until we came to heel.

Do you think Fox, NRL, Greenburg, Newscorp are gonna just accept the humiliation of our club refusing to pay fines and weaken their total control and governance over the game....crazy talk.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Any, or all, of these suggestions are totally unrealistic and would make the situation 1000 x worse for the club.

And give the Murdoch press a field day and get what they want...the Bulldogs kicked out of the comp.

All clubs participate by invitation and the NRL have the signed rights to the game...nothing would please them more than suspending us until we came to heel.

Do you think Fox, NRL, Greenburg, Newscorp are gonna just accept the humiliation of our club refusing to pay fines and weaken their total control and governance over the game....crazy talk.
Ha! this is the problem with the mentality I described in the OP. Stop feeding it implicitly.

Do you really think they will kick the Bulldogs out?
They cant even kick out Manly or Cronulla when they were broke, and had a territory the size of my backyard.

The days of doing this changed when they tried it with Souths, and you saw what happened there.

But forget all that, money talks and the dogs are a moneyspinner for the league.

Let me say it another way.
If they kick the dogs out, there will be a Civil war not seen since Super League, all because they went overboard on a fine. Deals will be reached.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ha! this is the problem with the mentality I described in the OP. Stop feeding it implicitly.

Do you really think they will kick the Bulldogs out?
They cant even kick out Manly or Cronulla when they were broke, and had a territory the size of my backyard.

The days of doing this changed when they tried it with Souths, and you saw what happened there.

But forget all that, money talks and the dogs are a moneyspinner for the league.

Let me say it another way.
If they kick the dogs out, there will be a Civil war not seen since Super League, all because they went overboard on a fine. Deals will be reached.
Yes I saw Souths kicked out...you are extremely naive if you think they won't see it as an opportunity to flex their power over the game and make an example of us to all the other teams.

Im not prepared to gamble with the club's future over this.

There are much bigger forces at play with all the money now involved in the NRL in all spheres of gambling etc than simple minded talking heads like Greenburg...the club would be taking on that establishment and none of the other clubs would suppirt us.

Engage your brain...its a billion dollar industry now and the power lobby wont be bowing down to a rogue club already on the outer in the court of public opinion.

If our Admin followed any one of your ideas it would spell the end of the club..OR...you think we get a bum deal now? then just imagine the fallout going forward.

Stick to the Rabbits...we don't need supporters facilitating the death of our club with dumb reactionary unrealistic tactics to try and get justice :grinning:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I saw Souths kicked out...you are extremely naive if you think they won't see it as an opportunity to flex their power over the game and make an example of us to all the other teams.

There are much bigger forces at play with all the money now involved in the NRL in all spheres of gambling etc than simple minded talking heads like Greenburg...the club would be taking on that establishment and none of the other clubs would suppirt us.

Engage your brain...its a billion dollar industry now and the power lobby wont be bowing down to a rogue club already on the outer in the court of public opinion.

If our Admin followed any one of your ideas it would spell the end of the club..OR...you think we get a bum deal now? then just imagine the fallout going forward.

Stick to the Rabbits...we don't need supporters facilitating the death of our club with dumb reactionary unrealistic tactics to try and get justice :grinning:
1. Kick bulldogs out.
2. Dogs fans riot.In every literal sense of the word.
3. NRL lose the support of the entire SWS region. Do you think Moey DW is going to just start supporting the eels instead?
4. NRL get criticised by league fans and lovers of the game.
5. Revenues dip. Not just by a little bit.

Trust me, theres no way. No way Greenberg is letting (his own club mind you) the dogs die.

That would be a failure of leadership on his part.

A

Alexander the Great

I dont agree wendog22. I think we need to fight back and stand our ground for once.
Enough is enough.
You know its bad when other clubs and supporters are on our side.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here.

I'm a respected poster so please listen to what I have to say.
There has always been a perception from 2003 onward that the NRL hate the Bulldogs.
Not sure I necessarily believe it myself but its not about what I think. Most fans think this.

This over reaction to Mad Monday has not helped. I dont like this outrage culture (as James Graham called it) in both life and the NRL and all the polls Ive seen 89%+ feel the same. I havent seen anyone say they were outraged either. Its just the media and the NRL have swallowed the media's jizz here hard.

Now this is what I think has to happen.

Whatever your thoughts on the man, this is where we need to learn from Donald Trump.

Hill needs to defy the NRL and back his players and straight out refuse to pay the fine. He has the support of the players, NRL fans and DEFINITELY the dogs fans.

Dont pay it, what are you going to do? Kick us out? ha! good luck on that.

The media and NRL hate the dogs right? I hear it all the time and watch this ramp up 1000 percent if they try such drastic measures.

We stand up, we sit out, we stand united and we dont cop that.

The biased media are the problem here. We need to attack them as a club. The NRL will back down. They do NOT want this crisis, they wont kick us out....if they do, we will show them outrage culture.

Stand firm, stand together, we are amongst the strongest clubs, in terms of finance, support, and territory. The NRL will back down.

I wouldnt say this if I wasnt certain 90% of everyone are behind us.
Even if this drops to 40%, this will still rock their world.

Stand firm.

Nasheed.
Nice try, but the NRL will just take it out of the grant money that clubs receive each year.

I seriously think that the club should look at joining the UK Super League. That may seem like a stretch too, but if you at least send Andrew Hill over to the UK to discuss it, it will make the NRL think twice. They cannot afford to lose the Bulldogs. When does the contract between the NRL & the clubs expire? If you do go over to the SL you would get an airline sponsor & you would say have a 4 game period in the UK & 4 games in OZ. Make the NRL sweat.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Kick bulldogs out.
2. Dogs fans riot.In every literal sense of the word.
3. NRL lose the support of the entire SWS region. Do you think Moey DW is going to just start supporting the eels instead?
4. NRL get criticised by league fans and lovers of the game.
5. Revenues dip. Not just by a little bit.

Trust me, theres no way. No way Greenberg is letting (his own club mind you) the dogs die.

That would be a failure of leadership on his part.
Dogs fans rioting in the streets will be portrayed just the same as the "Leb Punk Gangs" on trains and at games a while back or the Cronulla riots...and bikie gangs or any crim wearing a bulldogs jersey for that matter..USED AGAINST US...to reinforce stereotypes. Action like that would turn the tide of public opinion and the Telecrap knows it.

Not one club or rival supporter would lift a finger to help us because of the fall out to their brand and the resultant scorn and media frenzy Newscorp would then throw at them.

I reckon the club should defend themselves for sure. Do a media conference and present a video presentation showing the remoteness of the location, the absurb lengths the scumbag photographer went to to invade the players privacy, the hiring of a scissor lift, (if used) was it driven by a licensed operator...all the nitty gritty details.

In other words, a professional presentation of the facts and not a half baked emotional response that will only achieve more harm to the club and players.

What are you gonna do for the players while the club is suspended awaiting the court case the establishment bring against us...think all the ramifications through because once an action like you are advocating gets set in motion, it is hard to rein in the fallout...the probable end of the Dogs in the NRL at least.

And if there is no Kerry Packer this time, there is no rival league comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.