What the Bulldogs club needs to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.

I'm a respected poster so please listen to what I have to say.
There has always been a perception from 2003 onward that the NRL hate the Bulldogs.
Not sure I necessarily believe it myself but its not about what I think. Most fans think this.

This over reaction to Mad Monday has not helped. I dont like this outrage culture (as James Graham called it) in both life and the NRL and all the polls Ive seen 89%+ feel the same. I havent seen anyone say they were outraged either. Its just the media and the NRL have swallowed the media's jizz here hard.

Now this is what I think has to happen.

Whatever your thoughts on the man, this is where we need to learn from Donald Trump.

Hill needs to defy the NRL and back his players and straight out refuse to pay the fine. He has the support of the players, NRL fans and DEFINITELY the dogs fans.

Dont pay it, what are you going to do? Kick us out? ha! good luck on that.

The media and NRL hate the dogs right? I hear it all the time and watch this ramp up 1000 percent if they try such drastic measures.

We stand up, we sit out, we stand united and we dont cop that.

The biased media are the problem here. We need to attack them as a club. The NRL will back down. They do NOT want this crisis, they wont kick us out....if they do, we will show them outrage culture.

Stand firm, stand together, we are amongst the strongest clubs, in terms of finance, support, and territory. The NRL will back down.

I wouldnt say this if I wasnt certain 90% of everyone are behind us.
Even if this drops to 40%, this will still rock their world.

Stand firm.

Nasheed.

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty sure we won’t pay the fine.. the fucktards will just take it out of our grant for next year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure we won’t pay the fine.. the fucktards will just take it out of our grant for next year
even if thats true, the public statement and show of support will go along way.

Apologising for thigns tha arent even that bad is the worst thing.
You become enveloped, cuckolded and controlled when you ass lick and you look weak and at their mercy.

Again I bring up Trump. Not many people see a huge reason he won is because he'd offend and not apologize or take a step back. They lost control of how to handle him in this outrage culture. They couldnt counter. They expected a kick on the last when he flick passed it out the back to send the winger into the corner.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not disagreeing Nasheed but I'd say as a club we'd be breaching a contract with the NRL.

Maybe as fans we should boycott away games

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not disagreeing Nasheed but I'd say as a club we'd be breaching a contract with the NRL.

Maybe as fans we should boycott away games
If we go into this defiant, the pandemonium and controversy will be something the NRL will want to avoid, trust me.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bulldogs sell newspapers. All
media outlets know this!
All the other clubs don’t have fans like the bulldogs! All other fans we are like Manly (I support my team and whoever is playing the bulldogs!)
I would like Hill to say a big ‘F you!’ to the NRL but doubt it as they have to all bend over to Greenberg and Beattie (although I really question if Beattie would know what to do if someone bent over for him he is that incompetent)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The bulldogs sell newspapers. All
media outlets know this!
All the other clubs don’t have fans like the bulldogs! All other fans we are like Manly (I support my team and whoever is playing the bulldogs!)
I would like Hill to say a big ‘F you!’ to the NRL but doubt it as they have to all bend over to Greenberg and Beattie (although I really question if Beattie would know what to do if someone bent over for him he is that incompetent)
Thats what im saying.
theres a 20 odd video 'cant stump the trump' series as he moved through the election pivoting out of people trying to peg him into apologies tc. great stuff.

Mr Potato

New Pup
Reaction score
What the Bulldogs need to do is win a Grand Final. That's how you get back at Telcrap and at the NRL. We as fans indeed need to let our players know we are very happy how they ended the season and look forward to 2019 and in time news like this will be forgotten news. Remember nobody died!! As fans we support our players who bleed blue and white 100% and Im sure behind the scenes away from the cameras the board supports our players as well. The club sees the hard work that these kids put in day in and day out and I hope the fines issued will be reduced by NRL and by club. Disappointed in the Police's involvement and a total embarrassment to the NSW police force. Don't they have serious crimes/cases to focus on. Obviously Telcrap has donated some amount of money to Police charity to find a charge and milk the story for as long as possible.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought you left TK to support Souffs, Nasheed?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.

I'm a respected poster so please listen to what I have to say.
There has always been a perception from 2003 onward that the NRL hate the Bulldogs.
Not sure I necessarily believe it myself but its not about what I think. Most fans think this.

This over reaction to Mad Monday has not helped. I dont like this outrage culture (as James Graham called it) in both life and the NRL and all the polls Ive seen 89%+ feel the same. I havent seen anyone say they were outraged either. Its just the media and the NRL have swallowed the media's jizz here hard.

Now this is what I think has to happen.

Whatever your thoughts on the man, this is where we need to learn from Donald Trump.

Hill needs to defy the NRL and back his players and straight out refuse to pay the fine. He has the support of the players, NRL fans and DEFINITELY the dogs fans.

Dont pay it, what are you going to do? Kick us out? ha! good luck on that.

The media and NRL hate the dogs right? I hear it all the time and watch this ramp up 1000 percent if they try such drastic measures.

We stand up, we sit out, we stand united and we dont cop that.

The biased media are the problem here. We need to attack them as a club. The NRL will back down. They do NOT want this crisis, they wont kick us out....if they do, we will show them outrage culture.

Stand firm, stand together, we are amongst the strongest clubs, in terms of finance, support, and territory. The NRL will back down.

I wouldnt say this if I wasnt certain 90% of everyone are behind us.
Even if this drops to 40%, this will still rock their world.

Stand firm.

Nasheed.
I agree with everything you say. I for one supported the Administration on many occasions and have liked what they done this year. But really if they can’t suppport their players and us as supporters then I doubt i will be voting for them at the next election. Yes the players were wrong in what they did but I am sure they must Off thought it was private and they were safe which is disappointing and the minders have some explaining to do. Who would think a telecrap photographer would be hiding with a telescopic camera waiting for them to stuff up what a lowlife. It was a set up and for me the NRL is run by the telecrap and our admin needs to stand up for The BULLDOGS not let these corrupt arseholes put us down. Stand up and fight.
Refuse to pay the ridiculous unfair fine use some of the dosh we have and fight them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought you left TK to support Souffs, Nasheed?
its like having twins. You love both equally.
But i was a dog before a rabbit, so like the Waugh brohers, all things being equal, the older one is slightly better.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But i was a dog before a rabbit, so like the Waugh brohers, all things being equal, the older one is slightly better.
So your a Rabbit now?
That's why you lost me at "I'm a respected poster here"!
Sorry Nasheed, you can't bleed blue, white, green and red and say "I'm a respected poster here".
Me, I bleed blue and white....hate every other team, let alone love another team equally.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So your a Rabbit now?
That's why you lost me at "I'm a respected poster here"!
Sorry Nasheed, you can't bleed blue, white, green and red and say "I'm a respected poster here".
Me, I bleed blue and white....hate every other team, let alone love another team equally.
your heart has hatred but mine is love. Thats ok, it takes all types.

If we, the supporters, lovers of the game and the bulldogs officialdom dont rally behind as hard as we can, where will it stop?
This is another thing people dont realise. People keep pushing and pushing until you push back. Simple erason i didnt support gay marriage. know the slippery slope thats leading too.

in the bulldogs context, the slides already begun. At this stage, we are gettig fined 250k for a cheeky mad monday. Next time its going to be 200k from a player for criticising another player on social media. Club is fined because of some leb banging drums in the Belmore crowd. The media will keep pushing and pushing for more outrage and will keep re-positioning the goalpost on what defines outrage. People are literally labelled nazis for supporting border control nowadays. Real nazi's are long gone, so they look to continue the fight where they can. Feminists label people mysogonists for saying things like 'I believe in the best person for the job, not for their gender'. The real feminist fight came and went with the right to work and vote.People keep looking for vague evidence's of their causes with no basis anymore and so will the media.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
your heart has hatred but mine is love. Thats ok, it takes all types.

If we, the supporters, lovers of the game and the bulldogs officialdom dont rally behind as hard as we can, where will it stop?
This is another thing people dont realise. People keep pushing and pushing until you push back. Simple erason i didnt support gay marriage. know the slippery slope thats leading too.

in the bulldogs context, the slides already begun. At this stage, we are gettig fined 250k for a cheeky mad monday. Next time its going to be 200k from a player for criticising another player on social media. Club is fined because of some leb banging drums in the Belmore crowd. The media will keep pushing and pushing for more outrage and will keep re-positioning the goalpost on what defines outrage. People are literally labelled nazis for supporting border control nowadays. Real nazi's are long gone, so they look to continue the fight where they can. Feminists label people mysogonists for saying things like 'I believe in the best person for the job, not for their gender'. The real feminist fight came and went with the right to work and vote.People keep looking for vague evidence's of their causes with no basis anymore and so will the media.
Oh oooh, you just triggered the resident snowflake...

You can't use facts brother, you have to use your feelings, well not your feelings, you have to feel what the snowflakes feel otherwise you're a nazi

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh oooh, you just triggered the resident snowflake...

You can't use facts brother, you have to use your feelings, well not your feelings, you have to feel what the snowflakes feel otherwise you're a nazi
Facts get in the way of emotional responses, but facts dont care about feelings.

All its doing is pushing the centre of society to the right though. It will draw some gullibles leftward but most i think are starting to push right. look at that Neel kholkatar *** thats on youtube, he's getting pretty right wing now, doesnt strike me as someone growing up that way. Same with Dave Rubin that used to be on the Young Turks show who made this video;

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mark was actually better, Steve just worked harder. Shows where determination can get you.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Might I be so bold here to suggest an alternative.

To simply refuse to pay the fine imposed by the NRL may well be a breach of contract as already mentioned. Accordingly I would propose the following:

The club publicly accepts a degree of culpability for these events and decides to pay a nominal fine (something that is in keeping with the actual "crime") perhaps $50,000 or even $100,000, but that these fines will be paid to charities (again perhaps the charities supported by Adam Elliot) and NO FUNDS will be paid to the NRL whatsoever. This needs to be disclosed openly and I would suggest someone like the SMH to cut the Murdoch press out of it. As such the club would I believe garner support from the general public and this would then make it difficult for the NRL to take any further action.

In addition, the NRL do not get their hands on the $250,000
Having said this of course, they do hold all the cards in that they can simply withhold this amount from our annual grant or even try to reduce our Salary Cap by this amount, but again by keeping this in front of the media it could be possible to prevent them from doing so.

Naturally, there are risks involved, but at least the club would be making a stand against unfair and exaggerated treatment from the NRL. Was this a unilateral decision made by Greenburg or did he take it to the NRL Board for ratification

This simply presents an alternative action that should at the very least be considered.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Might I be so bold here to suggest an alternative.

To simply refuse to pay the fine imposed by the NRL may well be a breach of contract as already mentioned. Accordingly I would propose the following:

The club publicly accepts a degree of culpability for these events and decides to pay a nominal fine (something that is in keeping with the actual "crime") perhaps $50,000 or even $100,000, but that these fines will be paid to charities (again perhaps the charities supported by Adam Elliot) and NO FUNDS will be paid to the NRL whatsoever. This needs to be disclosed openly and I would suggest someone like the SMH to cut the Murdoch press out of it. As such the club would I believe garner support from the general public and this would then make it difficult for the NRL to take any further action.

In addition, the NRL do not get their hands on the $250,000
Having said this of course, they do hold all the cards in that they can simply withhold this amount from our annual grant or even try to reduce our Salary Cap by this amount, but again by keeping this in front of the media it could be possible to prevent them from doing so.

Naturally, there are risks involved, but at least the club would be making a stand against unfair and exaggerated treatment from the NRL. Was this a unilateral decision made by Greenburg or did he take it to the NRL Board for ratification

This simply presents an alternative action that should at the very least be considered.
the problem with this is if Elliots charity is directly rewarded by his actions, this guys going to nude up in the middle of ANZ on a sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.