What should Baz do?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact he continues to put okunbor in who fucked up the momentum once again with that mistake around the play the ball shows this coach has zero idea . He’s a liability . Watch next week if he takes Kiraz out and puts averello back in whos flopped all year
Got to use top 30 until after R10 unfortunately

DGAF

Waterboy
Reaction score
Stop listening to Gus about playing big units on the edges for 80 minutes when they are not fit enough to do so.
We start well but fade badly and the big units being asked to play the full game are struggling defensively late in games,Hetherington and Patolo weren't available last night(but they have the same problem in past games) and whilst Pangai had a solid game he can't defend at a high level for a whole game.
Most won't agree,but play Jacko and Waddell on the edges for a full 80 and play Pangai at lock and interchange him in game.
If we had better edges than the 2 I said then play them but we don't have any better.
They shredded us on the edge late again last night and Schoupp and Ado Carr walking instead of racing back when breaks were made was disappointing.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has stuck solid with an attacking structure which is not suited to the skill level of the team. Not sure he can change at this point. We are like the Aldi version of Panthers. We do everything so slowly, don't engage defenders. JJ and JMK can never fulfil the capabilities of their roles in the team. At least we have been able to attract a few players, so there is hope. IMO, this year hits worse because we have some real players in our squad this year

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact he continues to put okunbor in who fucked up the momentum once again with that mistake around the play the ball shows this coach has zero idea . He’s a liability . Watch next week if he takes Kiraz out and puts averello back in whos flopped all year
Unless all the top 30 backline players all of a sudden have injuries Kiraz won’t be seen again for a month or so.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tell the players to play how they want cause his game plan sucks
He was blaming the players last night, saying that it is because they want to play for themselves, than for the team, that cost us in the last 20 minutes.
I still haven't seen anything that resembles a game plan in the past two seasons, so I don't know what they are supposed to be doing - and obviously, neither do they.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baz doesn't see anything wrong with how he handles the training, team and match otherwise he would have done something long ago. He simply can't see any error in what hes doing with the team and that comes down to having NFI.

I don't care how it happens but he can no longer be part of the Dogs, gets sacked or walks I could care less.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Take a payout and leave lmao

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start coaching the players to throw forward passes. Seems after last nights game they must be allowed in the NRL now.

I think we need to concede that Baz isn't going anywhere and just get behind what we do have.

I didn't expect success overnight, but I did expect finishing higher than 12th.

We have glimpses of exciting play, but then shit the bed.

Biggest issues seems to be concedeing tries after scoring one.

I don't we had any other options but Okunbor inside our Top 30, and we have to use all Top 30 (who can play in that position) before we can apply to play a player outside it.

Lumelume must be injured (or have Covid) as well as he was another option, but is nowhere to be seen this week.
Alamoti is injured still.
Tui Katoa named for Mounties but hasn't played in forever.

dave123

Waterboy
Reaction score
stop trying to be the panthers it’s making him and the players look stupid

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly what he is doing now. Have faith Trent, the green shoots are shooting and soon the yardage will be enough for us to play 80 minutes.

Good stuff mate, keep up the good work.