• Off the bench as a utility

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • NSW Cup

Votes: 20 12.8%

• Total voters

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He hasn't been signed for 3 years to play nsw cup or not have a position in 17.

If he trains hard , is consistent each week Tracey will be at #1 , #3 or #4.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Contract might still get vetoed yo
As if nrl register a contract when they have a full squad.
We will need to offload a player before even dreaming of registering it

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not laughing at you, fam. Laughing at how ridiculous the idea of buying a strike centre on overs and playing him out of position is lol
You mean like when Souths bought Latrell who was a centre at Roosters?

Or Inglis playing centre at the Storm?

or RTS by the Warriors, played on the wing at the Roosters?

or Clint Gutherson playing wing for Manly

Jack Wighton?

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taffe
Kiraz
Critta
Tracey
Addo carr
Burton
Sexton
That would be the safest starting lineup but Pre season n trials will no doubt change that.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘moving Fox on’ rumour has legs and the brains trust might be contemplating a back line of:

Tracey
Kiraz
Crichton
Burton
Xerri (if he still has the speed)
Taafe
Sexton (hopefully to be replaced by Dearden in 25)

Pretty formidable I reckon.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘moving Fox on’ rumour has legs and the brains trust might be contemplating a back line of:

Tracey
Kiraz
Crichton
Burton
Xerri (if he still has the speed)
Taafe
Sexton (hopefully to be replaced by Dearden in 25)

Pretty formidable I reckon.
Who knows the truth, everything he does or says makes headlines. He is worth keeping, his ability to finish and also turn half chances into tries is something we can’t replicate. Xerri will probably need a few weeks in reggies to find his feet again.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You mean like when Souths bought Latrell who was a centre at Roosters?

Or Inglis playing centre at the Storm?

or RTS by the Warriors, played on the wing at the Roosters?

or Clint Gutherson playing wing for Manly

Jack Wighton?
None of those players were trialled at fullback at their previous clubs and stank up the field like Crichton has every single time he has been asked to play fullback for the Panthers.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Again, why do we keep debating this. Critta is 100% starting FB next year Round 1

Tracey has been signed for centre cover / fullback if anything happens to critta

it will be

1. Critta
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Kiraz

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whichever way we go we are going to have pace to burn and plenty of guys who know how to turn up in the right places on the park.

and if we get injuries (which are inevitable) we have the versatility to deal with them during a game and the depth to fill those positions longer term with capable players.

The last pieces of the 2024 puzzle needs to be the arrival of a dominant front rower and a couple of our younger forwards (like Patolo or Hughes) stepping up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Again, why do we keep debating this. Critta is 100% starting FB next year Round 1

Tracey has been signed for centre cover / fullback if anything happens to critta

it will be

1. Critta
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Kiraz
unless Xerri isn't ready round 1, which Gus said on an interview recently is likely, if so Wilson wing and Kiraz filling in at centre

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. Skelton
3. Hutcho
4. Topine
5. Mann
6. Taffe
7. BBO
Greatest utilities to ever grace the field for one club all at the same time. They will kill it in NSW Cup.

Reality
1. Critta
2. Addo Carr
3. Kiraz (Until Xerri)
4. Tracey
5. Wilson (Kiraz)
6. Burto
7. Sexton/Taffe/Hutcho

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Tracey's in our top 13 once Xerri finds his feet. He could start the season at centre, depending on how Ciro wants to use Kiraz and Wilson. He's a good backup for all backline positions though, and fast, so he's still a great buy IMO. Buying him makes me think Taafe's being looked at more as a half if Sexton doesn't work.

Can't believe there's people on here in November, panicking about our top 30 being full.
From what I have seen from Tracey. He is a starter in our team without question. Wilson keeps getting mentioned. I cannot see him getting a run all year without a stack of injuries to outside backs.

With the talk of Crichton being fullback. We didn’t have a fullback at that stage. So the plan was to play him at fullback. I don’t think he necessarily wants to play fullback either. Plans change when personnel change.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tracey ran for over 200m a couple of time this year as the 1. He averaged 170m while playing a mixture of centre and fullback (was running for 130m as a centre in the few times he played here).

He is the best and most qualified fullback we have. Not saying he is amazing but with our squad he is easily miles ahead of everyone else. Silly to play a centre at fullback and the best fullback in the squad at centre or reserve grade.

Taaffe is the second best option. But I have a feeling (like others) he might be a half option. Xerri won’t walk in. 4 years out of the game. You don’t do a 5 month preseason and play 2 trials and run out. I think he will need a month of nsw cup to find his form. Good thing is he is still young so fitness wise he should get up to speed quickly.

I wouldn’t move Burton out of the halves. But I’m getting the feeling he might play left centre until we see how Xerri goes (let’s not forget he hasn’t had the contact of nrl for 4 years, so might be a patchy year for him injury related).

The thing is with the amount of new utilities no doubt some start in nsw cup. I just can’t see Tracey being one of them.