What is your scariest Movie?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never been into these movies, not really scared they just don't do much for me. I did watch Jason X as a kid though just so I could see boobies.
I grew up on the Jason and Freddy movies. So when the Jason vs Freddy movie came out, went to the cinemas with mates to see it. We have always seen those movies as comedy, because they pretty much are. Jason is more serious, but he still comes up with some comedic kills.

There's a scene where Jason and Freddy are competing to see who can slaughter the most teenagers. My mates and I are all pissing ourselves laughing. We stop, look around, and the whole cinema is staring at us with a look of horror. Then a baby started crying. No idea who brought their baby to that movie, but hearing the baby cry just made us break out in laughter again.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I think 90s/00s Japanese did horror best. Ringu, Ju-on:The Grudge, Noroi:The Curse.

The US versions were decent too, but nowhere near as good as the original Japanese versions.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Irreversible is that movie for me. French flick with Monica Belluci. Stupid movie made purely for shock value. It includes a brutal rape scene that goes for over 10 minutes.
Ahh yes, I recall that one. Pretty confronting as well that scene. The fire extinguisher part was rather brutal too.

Personally I think 90s/00s Japanese did horror best. Ringu, Ju-on:The Grudge, Noroi:The Curse.

The US versions were decent too, but nowhere near as good as the original Japanese versions.
South Koreans do some brilliant horror. Just enough, but not overdoing it.

Like Squid Game for example (albeit not really horror). Saw that before it went popular.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nights in Rodanthe and New Years Eve - because it disturbed me that movies so bad could be made. And that I had to sit through them with Lady Dinkum.

More seriously, when I was a kid a movie called ‘When A Stranger Calls’ required me to make use of the brown undies. I think it was re-made ~15 years ago but I never watched the re-make.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not scary but a pretty good thriller movie. Anyone seen The 4th Kind?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Misery… she was crazy breaking those ankles
I still cringe thinking about it.. especially thinking she was his ‘number one fan’.. One of the best adapted Stephen King novel’s to movie. Kathy Bates deserved her Best Supporting Actress playing protagonist Annie Wilkes.. James Caan was superb as well as author Paul Sheldon..

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blair Witch and The Thing. Kurt Russell one.
Both work because they build the suspension and the fear is what you can’t see and can’t predict what happens next.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Blair Witch and The Thing. Kurt Russell one.
Both work because they build the suspension and the fear is what you can’t see and can’t predict what happens next.
I love the Thing!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sort of movie yoi can analyze for hours and look for clues
And that music..John Carpenter the Director and Ennio Morricone, both composed it..added to the tension.
Did you know it was a remake of a 1951 film The Thing from Another World.. I have seen it..it’s ok, not a patch on this one..
They were based on a novella, Who goes there? Apparently Carpenter’s was more closer too..

ps the modern day prequel was terrible

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Irreversible is that movie for me. French flick with Monica Belluci. Stupid movie made purely for shock value. It includes a brutal rape scene that goes for over 10 minutes.

I watched the movie because people told me it is an emotionally compelling masterpiece. I just thought it was stupid stuff created purely to shock people.
I saw that at the cinema. It was absolutely made for shock value and not much else. I felt nauseous when the camera was spinning and the intense sounds for the first 5 minutes. Then for the brutal rape scene. Then the scene where they were in "Rectum"..

That movie was a pure attack on your senses and you come out feeling physically and emotionally sick. I hate that movie, but the film nerd in me can acknowledge that's what they're trying to do and shows how visceral films like that can be. The fact that we talk about it to this day because of the shock value is probably what the director wanted. But as a viewer you feel abused and raped yourself for being subjected to that.

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There was Marlon Brando movie where he clearly rapes an underage chick on film and got fame that in hindsight you kinda gotta go "these Hollywood fucks were/are pedo rapists and the whole Jew institute needs to burn, then you find yourself reading about a guys struggle and learning what Central Banks mean and you begin to sound like a nutjob conspiracy guy lolololollolol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There was Marlon Brando movie where he clearly rapes an underage chick on film and got fame that in hindsight you kinda gotta go "these Hollywood fucks were/are pedo rapists and the whole Jew institute needs to burn, then you find yourself reading about a guys struggle and learning what Central Banks mean and you begin to sound like a nutjob conspiracy guy lolololollolol
Then they really think you're nuts when you tell them they aren't the real Jews but Khazarian....

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that music..John Carpenter the Director and Ennio Morricone, both composed it..added to the tension.
Did you know it was a remake of a 1951 film The Thing from Another World.. I have seen it..it’s ok, not a patch on this one..
They were based on a novella, Who goes there? Apparently Carpenter’s was more closer too..

ps the modern day prequel was terrible
Check out 'Prince of Darkness' if you like Carpenter. Not a gem but it is forgotten. Also 'Mouth of Madness'

Last edited: