What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Reaction score
Just got through that, watching that chic who played chrissie hyndes beewbs was worth it alone.
Few parts we weird and disjointed, but didn't mind. Afterwards went on a pistols fact finding mission ,from what I gather it seems as close as the truth as you will get. And done pretty well. I bet my left nut johhny Lydon will eventually watch it and say its nothing like him, but ...... I think the character is more like him than he would ever want to admit
yeah he's already come out saying it was disrespectful, and i kinda see where he's coming from, they nailed his mannerisms but they ignored any input he could have offered, and he said he would have had he been asked, which was dissapointing.

i enjoyed the show, but it could have gone abit deeper with lydon and sid, and it didn't even touch on how exploited the band was, it hinted it when they had the security in texas protecting a 300,000 investment when one of the band members says something like " 300,000?, this has got to be worth alot for someone and we're getting paid $14 a day"

they had a number one record at the time but were living like bums, luckily the remaining band members did manage to get back control of their publishing and royalties years later

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arab Fast n Furious meets 1996 Autosalon meets Bay St.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think they thought that any way they portrayed Jesus would be too offensive.

The show is also based on the Lucifer DC comic which doesn't address Jesus either. But the show strays pretty far from the comics. In the comics he and Michael are ridiculously powerful and basically create most of the DC Superheroes and Supervillains, and Lucifer creates his own Universe that is outside God's realm. But in this one it's his mother that creates the other Universe.
That ending sucked arse and I feel I wasted hours on the crappy series...

For the ultimate bad guy, the devil is a poof. No wonder why he a loser and lower case g lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That ending sucked arse and I feel I wasted hours on the crappy series...

For the ultimate bad guy, the devil is a poof. No wonder why he a loser and lower case g lol
Yep. They very much went for the happy ever after ending.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But it's all good, 'cause the first 2 episodes of season 3 of The Boys are out.

Correction. First 3 episodes are out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think they thought that any way they portrayed Jesus would be too offensive.

The show is also based on the Lucifer DC comic which doesn't address Jesus either. But the show strays pretty far from the comics. In the comics he and Michael are ridiculously powerful and basically create most of the DC Superheroes and Supervillains, and Lucifer creates his own Universe that is outside God's realm. But in this one it's his mother that creates the other Universe.
Lucifer and Michael are ridiculously broken, they're even too broken for the comics haha.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Boys is insane and insanely good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They made Michael even more of a poof than Lucy. He is supposed to be the strongest angel.
Yup lol. From what i understand Michael is meant to be God's power while Lucifer is God's Will so a fight between them would destroy the entire multiverse and every being in existence yet we had some childish fight and Lucifer carrying on about his wings haha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yup lol. From what i understand Michael is meant to be God's power while Lucifer is God's Will so a fight between them would destroy the entire multiverse and every being in existence yet we had some childish fight and Lucifer carrying on about his wings haha
Bro if the turned Revelation into series it would be epic.

Even unbelievers would love it as it has everything needed to "entertain" us.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed, the show is great but the comics are better ;)
That's something I forgot to mention to @ASSASSIN

The comic for The Boys that the show is based on, that was created by the same guy who made The Preacher comic that was turned into The Preacher TV Series.

When he made The Boys he said that after making Preacher, he wanted to make a series that was even more disturbing and messed up.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's something I forgot to mention to @ASSASSIN

The comic for The Boys that the show is based on, that was created by the same guy who made The Preacher comic that was turned into The Preacher TV Series.

When he made The Boys he said that after making Preacher, he wanted to make a series that was even more disturbing and messed up.

Yep, that's Garth Ennis i believe.

Heard he's working on a boys prequel comic and i just learned that he used to write for DC and marvel and did a Nick Fury story that was so nasty it basically ended the whole series.

Apparently George Clooney was slated to play him in a stand alone movie before Samuel L Jackson was cast but pulled out after reading a specific scene his character would be doing :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, that's Garth Ennis i believe.

Heard he's working on a boys prequel comic and i just learned that he used to write for DC and marvel and did a Nick Fury story that was so nasty it basically ended the whole series.

Apparently George Clooney was slated to play him in a stand alone movie before Samuel L Jackson was cast but pulled out after reading a specific scene his character would be doing :tearsofjoy:
The Boys was originally a DC comic but DC cancelled it because it was too messed up. They ended up handing the rights over to Ennis so he could publish it elsewhere.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone watched the latest season of Stranger Things? I was about an hour into the last episode and was freaking out thinking how the fuck are they going to finish the season with this amount of time left...I then found out there's 2 more episodes coming out after the episode finished :tearsofjoy:

Anyway it's not as good as it used to be, half the kids are fucking useless and it was mostly predictable.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watched the latest season of Stranger Things? I was about an hour into the last episode and was freaking out thinking how the fuck are they going to finish the season with this amount of time left...I then found out there's 2 more episodes coming out after the episode finished :tearsofjoy:

Anyway it's not as good as it used to be, half the kids are fucking useless and it was mostly predictable.
I love it. But yeah, annoyed that I now have to wait nearly 1 month for the conclusion.