1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ecca, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Mr 95%

Mr 95% Kennel Immortal Gilded

I’d love if they’d release it on Ipad like they did with the other brilliant Monkey Island series..I got Indy on steam..Just fantastic games..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hacky McAxe

Hacky McAxe Super Moderator Staff Member Gilded

• Like Like x 1
  3. MatstaDogg

MatstaDogg The Bearded Baker Premium Member

The Dead Space games were unreal I loved them. Horror game done well and a blast to play. The animated movies are good too.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was a brilliant game at it's time. I remember it came as a pre installed game with my PC that I got back then. I couldn't tell you how many times I played through it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Mr 95%

Mr 95% Kennel Immortal Gilded

Pre-installed???? That’s a gift from the Gods!!!! I got mine on the Amiga 1200..so I had to order it from England as it wasn’t released here on that format.. I remember I had to ring up to order it..no internet then..lol! It arrived just as my exams started..I thought bugger study I’m going Indy!! I caught up with it again through Steam..loved it more.. It should have been the fourth Indy movie..

• Like Like x 2
  5. MatstaDogg

MatstaDogg The Bearded Baker Premium Member

I'm trying to remember if it was my 386 or Pentium 4 that it come on. Too long a go for me to remember correctly. All I know is it came with one of them lol.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Hacky McAxe

Halfway through the first episode of The Witcher (had to pause to watch the Wanderers)

So far it's pretty good. Henry Cavill isn't perfect for Geralt but he's still really good at the role. I don't think you could find a perfect Geralt. May have been better to have him play another new Witcher especially considering they changed so much of the story.

The show is flooded with law though. 20 minutes in they've covered mages and sorcerers, Nilfgard, many different monsters, the Wild Hunt, and a crap load of other things. But they aren't treating it like a tutorial. If you have played the games you'd be confused as hell over what they're talking about.

Main downside, Geralt has only one sword. That's pretty much sacrilege. The sword also randomly vanishes if it looks too weird in the scene.

I do like Ciri, even though she's a younger version, the actress plays her really well.

I think the show has much promise.

7. Sancho2020

Sancho2020 Kennel Immortal Gilded

Well it's meant to be based more off the books rather the game, apparently in the books he didn't carry the two swords on his back and instead saddled the silver sword?

Yh I bet you regret watching the Wanderers... :(

8. Realist90

Realist90 Banned In the Sin Bin

10 mins in, and already all whaman are powerful and braver than men. Fml. I did however like how Geralt slaughtered the deer to eat.
    Euthanasia and suicide glorified as well. Lol what in the fuck.
    I need more Geralt taking a shot at white knighting lol
    Just saw the first Witcher sword fight, can this please just be a whole fkn serious of just that rather than 21st century woke politics thanks in advanced Netflix

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  9. Hacky McAxe

Yep. But it's to be expected and at least it wasn't another loss. Technically.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hacky McAxe

I spoke to soon. In the second episode he has two swords. He just doesn't wear them both at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Realist90

The show slows right down and is just feminists dribble when Geralt isn’t on screen.
    “But the books focus on whaman reeeeeeeeeee”
    Yeah they do but also Geralt and people only care about the Witcher series because of Geralt. Literally no is tuning in to see the whaman have their empowerment moments. Unless they’re a virtual signalling cuck that enjoy just watching whaman whinging about males. The best part of this show has been the action sequences with Geralt, everything else is fkn boring

12. Hacky McAxe

It has magic in the show. Pretty sure that means you're going to hell for watching it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dognacious

Dognacious Administrator Staff Member Gilded Premium Member

So there is a witcher series? Wow. Stan or Netflix (i have neither currently)? I heard rumours a while ago they were going to make a show and didnt hear anything after that. Witcher is one of my favourite games of all time. I think its the only series of games where i have played them all to death. I particularly like Witcher 3. Might be the best game i own. Actually played 3 first, and liked it so much i got 1 & 2. I want them to make a 4. Apparently they wont be :(

14. Realist90

Yeah a few times I thought there’s some blasphemous shit in here. Like cock crowing three times? Sounds awfully familiar. Also was there an abortion scene or was that her uterus?

15. Hacky McAxe

Nah, that was her uterus. The abortion part was the living abortion monster girl thing

16. Hacky McAxe

Netflix. It's semi-loosly based on the games. Has Ciri, Yennefer, Triss and many other characters. But the story is different. There's similarities but overall it's different.

17. Realist90

Ahk I thought so but then I was also like wait is that the black hybrids kid lol coz it made a screeching sound whence put in flames. Anyways you have to admit, Geralt is the best part of the show. And the whaman are annoying especially Black Forest leader

18. Howard Moon

Howard Moon Kennel Immortal Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

you really dislike women.. that's ok, more for the rest'v us

19. Realist90

There you go bud. Enjoy it.
    On a serious note I just don’t enjoy 21st century politics in the 12th century world. Whaman weren’t knights, whaman weren’t fearless they did as nature told them. Which is, provide children, look after the man and clean the house.
    I just don’t get how people enjoy woke movies and tv shows lol especially when the best part is when a man is destroying everyone and isn’t hindered by a 50kg whaman lol

20. Howard Moon

Howard Moon Kennel Immortal Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

I'd be more concerned about spending so many hours in front of an idiot box, then fearless women