What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s how it should be though lol. Not every character needs to have emotions ffs or be positive and happy lol. There’s already enough of that.
IGN put an article out saying they need to reboot punisher to be more comedic and happy like the mcu movies. They can’t even deal with one character sticking to cannon and not be family friendly.
They fkd up with arrow like that, he was a total band **** but then they added female soapy bullocks and fucked his character.
I haven't watched arrow actually, so i can't really say much about it. With the punisher i don't think they did a bad job of it, maybe they strayed from the comics at stages but clearly he did have another side at some stage as i mentioned earlier about the whole married with kids thing, so i think for the sake of not making the show pretty boring with just the same thing every episode they took a bit of creative license and added a bit of drama to it and tried to show him maybe in more of a realistic way, if that makes sense lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't watched arrow actually, so i can't really say much about it. With the punisher i don't think they did a bad job of it, maybe they strayed from the comics at stages but clearly he did have another side at some stage as i mentioned earlier about the whole married with kids thing, so i think for the sake of not making the show pretty boring with just the same thing every episode they took a bit of creative license and added a bit of drama to it and tried to show him maybe in more of a realistic way, if that makes sense lol
Yep you want “diversity” hahaha
Sometimes I love old school dumb brutes blowing shit up. He already has a motive. Family killed by gangsters. Has made an oath to destroy criminals wherever he sees em. He’s closed himself to worldly emotions. But look I’m probably the
Minority of the fans that just want comic punisher with no added extras lol. But like I said in my original post I am torn. Coz they do have him as an indirect weapon for the left, but also he treats females equally to that of males lol. I think the creators were like let’s try and appease both political fans hahah.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
haha i'll leave it there, see what hacky and the assassin thought of it, this stuff is often like music, different people can watch/listen to the same thing and take away completely different meanings etc from it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep you want “diversity” hahaha
Sometimes I love old school dumb brutes blowing shit up. He already has a motive. Family killed by gangsters. Has made an oath to destroy criminals wherever he sees em. He’s closed himself to worldly emotions. But look I’m probably the
Minority of the fans that just want comic punisher with no added extras lol. But like I said in my original post I am torn. Coz they do have him as an indirect weapon for the left, but also he treats females equally to that of males lol. I think the creators were like let’s try and appease both political fans hahah.
Sometimes, us men want to just watch senseless violence and non stop action. A bit of story or backstory is ok too.

I don't mind this series, it's got too much filler, but at least the action scenes make up for it. So basically, more punishing and less story lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
haha i'll leave it there, see what hacky and the assassin thought of it, this stuff is often like music, different people can watch/listen to the same thing and take away completely different meanings etc from it.
I like it, season 2 is better IMO as it's more action and less lovey dovey.

I think they picked the best actor to play the Punisher, looks like acting like a tough **** comes easy to him.

Plus I love Billy as a full blown psycho.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS still can't figure out if Madani is hot or not. All I can conclude is she has beautiful Arab eyes.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PS still can't figure out if Madani is hot or not. All I can conclude is she has beautiful Arab eyes.
She’s actually half indian/South African-Kenyan.
She’s dirty bro. Has the most punchable face lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sometimes, us men want to just watch senseless violence and non stop action. A bit of story or backstory is ok too.

I don't mind this series, it's got too much filler, but at least the action scenes make up for it. So basically, more punishing and less story lol
This lol. And that is his character lol a senseless **** killing criminals. He lost his emotions after witnessing the death of his beloved family. And coz he’s a soldier at heart the only thing he knows is to fight and not sit back and talk about his emotions.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This lol. And that is his character lol a senseless **** killing criminals. He lost his emotions after witnessing the death of his beloved family. And coz he’s a soldier at heart the only thing he knows is to fight and not sit back and talk about his emotions.
Lol yeah i do get that part, if they did go that route it would be pretty difficult to even fill 1 season. Like 7 or 8 episodes in & the entire MU would have been murder death killed and story over lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol yeah i do get that part, if they did go that route it would be pretty difficult to even fill 1 season. Like 7 or 8 episodes in & the entire MU would have been murder death killed and story over lol
Na they could have gone conspiracy/thriller type route. I love being mind fkd and trying to find the real killers and shit.
But I think had they stuck to how he actually is, there honestly would have been a mad backlash tbh. And they’re a business first and foremost and want viewers eyes. If it was totally masculine and true to the comics, prob would have got smashed all over. Rotten tomatoes doesn’t even like it lol wasn’t left enough which to be fair to the creators, was not as left as many other Netflix shows.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man. Season 2 of punisher has me torn.
They’ve like turned him into a tool for the left to defeat the evil “alt right christians”. That Dinah actor is soooo painful to watch, all she does is be offended and claim men are cruel and she’s a smart and strong woman. Gets upset a cop said he didn’t think she’d destroy billy physically to her saying what you don’t think I’m strong enough. Like fuck off lol.
Then we have episode 1, of course you have to have a white guy gran a womans hand and have punisher as the sjw. Thennnnn we get half hour of the first fkn episode of the punisher crying in bed with a random bitch he “saved”.
The punishers character is not like that one bit in the comics.

Anyways why I’m torn is coz the action is fkn brutal, and are sort of saying ok let’s out women as assassins but we’re not going to nerf punisher to appease a certain crowd. Absolutely destroys men and women (equally). I mean it’s hard to tell me I’m making a show political when it’s actually political lol. It doesn’t shy away from the politics and making the right evil and try make punisher the angel of death for the left loll. Gotta have gays as the victims yay.
But it’s funny coz a lot of reviews don’t think it was left enough, I think it was tooooooo left for the punisher as he is in no way a lefty character in the comics. He’s not about social justice and politics, he’s about pure justice.

For me though I still think punisher from daredevil season 2 is the best iteration of the character, minimal emotions like in the comics and just brutal straight up justice.

@ASSASSIN @Hacky McAxe

Now hacky I’m not saying women can’t be asassins lol but like when that female was like “punisher is nothing like she’s been up against before” I was like bitch why you acting like you’re the bar of an elite warrior lol.
It made me laugh when they pulled out the whole "Bad guys are alt-right Christians" thing. Made me think of you.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s how it should be though lol. Not every character needs to have emotions ffs or be positive and happy lol. There’s already enough of that.
IGN put an article out saying they need to reboot punisher to be more comedic and happy like the mcu movies. They can’t even deal with one character sticking to cannon and not be family friendly.
They fkd up with arrow like that, he was a total band **** but then they added female soapy bullocks and fucked his character.
Arrow is a romantic drama that has some action scenes.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Arrow is a romantic drama that has some action scenes.
Hopefully they dont send punisher down that route (if they don’t cancel the show).
Like the most punisheresque part of the season 2 was the last 10 seconds of episode 13 gone inngins fkn blazing shooting the shit up. It’s like leave his (fake emotional) side out of it now he’s the punisher let him punishhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I finished it. Best part was him as punisher should be in the last 10 seconds of episode 13
Lol. I think the season gets 7 I’d even go as low as 6.7/10 tbh. I just didn’t like the story that much as it was all over the place, they cucked jigsaw and made the season to much about emotions in my opinion. Hopefully with the way it finished and if the show isn’t cancelled they’ll give up on the frank needing to talk about his emotions and being teary most of the season and continue from him bathing into the warehouse wanting to dance. I also hope there’s no more Dinah madani her acting is hopeless and the character is utter garbage filler.