What is your favorite 80s song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Thread title speaks for itself.

I love 80s music, but the 80s funk is where it's at. My favorite is actually a remix of Kool and the Gangs Fresh AND Misled blended in together.

So, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Kool & the Gang...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee there are so many..If I have to pick only one..I say Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.. It's pretty timeless..apart from the film clip..and it always pumps me up!

P.s. RIP Jimi Jamison..the leader singer..1951-2014..thanks for the memories..too young to be gone..

Pps. FYI did you know he also sang 'I'm Always Here' the Baywatch theme..

Last edited:

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thread title speaks for itself.

I love 80s music, but the 80s funk is where it's at. My favorite is actually a remix of Kool and the Gangs Fresh AND Misled blended in together.

So, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Kool & the Gang...

:o:o:o:o:o ARE YOU SURE WE WERENT SEPARATED AT BIRTH!??? THATS MY FAVOURITE 80s Song!!!

AND...let's groove by earth wind and fire. The 90s CBD remake was pretty good too.

Last edited:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loooove 80s songs.

My favourite has always been Funky Town - the Pseudo Echo version.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as music goes I'm stuck in the 80's which is a god send as I really hate todays gangster rap shit!!! No wonder Smooth FM moves me :p:grinning:
The stuff they class as 'rap' these days is just teenagers making noises while they're on cocaine. Its not music its garbage!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny there was a lot absolutely pathetic cheesy pop 1 hit wonders in the 80s .
Meanwhile in the underground metal was thriving selling millions of albums without air or radio play .most of these bands are still going strong and put out album after album .
80s punk , hardcore and metal was fantastic in the 80s and still holds up today

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny there was a lot absolutely pathetic cheesy pop 1 hit wonders in the 80s .
Meanwhile in the underground metal was thriving selling millions of albums without air or radio play .most of these bands are still going strong and put out album after album .
80s punk , hardcore and metal was fantastic in the 80s and still holds up today
I love my cheesy 80s pop 1 hit wonders we weren't all metal heads back then but I could still head bang with the best of them :p

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my cheesy 80s pop 1 hit wonders we weren't all metal heads back then but I could still head bang with the best of them :p
Lol dont get me wrong i have my cheesy guilty pleasure of 80s songs . But its not an accurate representation of the 80s .
It wasn't all just shitty pop as tv and radio stations would have you believe

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I was in year 8 Belmore Boys High when this song hit the radio airways and It's still a favorite.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
:o:o:o:o:o ARE YOU SURE WE WERENT SEPARATED AT BIRTH!??? THATS MY FAVOURITE 80s Song!!!
LOL well I was almost certain we weren't... now I'm not so sure ;)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stutta rap
Someone find it for the LOLs

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The 80's is without a doubt the best decade for music. I was born in 88 and have often said I was born 10 or 15 years too late cause I would have been in my element!!!! Back in the days when you actually had to be talented to make it as a musician. These days technology can make anybody sound good. Also it was all about the big guitar solos. Music these days wouldn't know what a good solo was if it slapped them in the face. So many amazing bands, like Bon Jovi, Boston, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Toto, Whitesnake, Air Supply too many to mention!!!! I honestly can't pick a favourite song but anything from the afore mentioned bands would be up there. But If I had to chose I think I would chose this...

Also Livin on a Prayer has always been a favourite!!!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 80's is without a doubt the best decade for music. I was born in 88 and have often said I was born 10 or 15 years too late cause I would have been in my element!!!! Back in the days when you actually had to be talented to make it as a musician. These days technology can make anybody sound good. Also it was all about the big guitar solos. Music these days wouldn't know what a good solo was if it slapped them in the face. So many amazing bands, like Bon Jovi, Boston, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Toto, Whitesnake, Air Supply too many to mention!!!! I honestly can't pick a favourite song but anything from the afore mentioned bands would be up there. But If I had to chose I think I would chose this...

I close my eyyyyyyyeeeessss

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I was an 80's goth so for me it is Just like Honey by The Jesus and Mary Chain

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haha I always try and hit that note... ends up sounding like a cat being run over!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.