What Is Wrong (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
attitude

Last year when i saw the boys play i could see they were having fun and there was a good attitude about them. This year i feel none of that, i see them on the field and it looks like they dont want to be there.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
the main thing is to wrap the god damn ball up even with 3/4 tackling SOMEHOW they pop it out, too much 2nd faze play with leads to overlaps and frankly we're getting palmed off way to easily. i'd imagine we're leading missed tackles and letting offloads go.
The Warriors managed to score a total of 6 points against Manly in NZ last week (Manly won 14-6).

This week the Warriors are down a few more players and they come to our "home" ground and put 30 points on us.

Either Manly's defence is f#ckn brilliant or ours is rubbish. I would go for the second option.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we are defending we are not 'rushing up' to meet the opposition, so they have a full 10m of running momentum before they reach us, you can't defend like that. Also our 'compressed' defense is shocking, who ever is defending inside of Idris is moving infield, so he moves infield, leaving the winger (Turner) exposed, every team knows this, Idris needs to concentrate on HIS man, not just moving infield and having to turn (like the Titanic) and give chase.

Lets work on that first before we fix up our other problems.

SUS_250

Welterweight
Reaction score
the main thing is to wrap the god damn ball up even with 3/4 tackling SOMEHOW they pop it out, too much 2nd faze play with leads to overlaps and frankly we're getting palmed off way to easily. i'd imagine we're leading missed tackles and letting offloads go.
youre spot on, the stats for this game prove it
posseion- dogs 52% warriors 48%
completions- dogs 70% warriors 76%
tackles- dogs 286 warriors 329
offloads- dogs 6 warriors 28
missed tackles- dogs 47 warriors 39
metres gained- dogs 1349 warriors 1577
we had more possesion yet we made less completions and gained less metres, had to make less tackles yet we missed more tackles and let the warriors make more offloads....our defense is **** house right now, hope it improves against the tigers or it will be 19+ on us....

D

DoggyStylz

One on One tackles non existant

We dont offload

Same old simple attack, turn the ball inside to a foward and get tackled for a 2 metre gain >:(

BORING FOOTBALL

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesnt help that we are down on forward power but I think the team is lacking enthusiasm because of sabotage, it stands out like dog balls.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what i mean. most of the time the bulldogs attack them low but they still have their arms free and can offload wit arms free
If you watch the top teams, they have two tackling the player - the third wraps his arm around the ball and the ball carrier's arm so he cannot unload. When "held" is called the ball is quickly released so no strip occurs and no penalty ensues. But, there is always the chance that the ball carrier will react by pulling his arm free quickly and lose the ball cold. The best we get is a scrum with us to feed. The worst is they still have the ball, but no opportunity to offload.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we can't even get our jerseys right.
Armit was playing in a camp quality jersey.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One on One tackles non existant

We dont offload

Same old simple attack, turn the ball inside to a foward and get tackled for a 2 metre gain >:(

BORING FOOTBALL

You can't offload if there is no one there in support.

Bulldogs_Mania

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
attitude

Last year when i saw the boys play i could see they were having fun and there was a good attitude about them. This year i feel none of that, i see them on the field and it looks like they dont want to be there.
i really agree that's why i see flash backs of 08 i hope im wrong and they come good in the next couple of games

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
The banning of Mongoose is wrong. WRONG!

Shut up Moe.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just the fact our defence is rubbish. What about our attack?

The warriors defence is hardly flash but Kimmorley for some reason likes his running cross field throwing flat balls.

See Manly were in a rut to start last year but we don't have a Watmough or Glenn Stewart.

I don't know.

Costa hit the nail on the head.

Attitude is crap. They deadset dont look interested.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just watched the Prelim' against Parra from 09

Most noticable thing that has changed is we played a lot more direct and through the ruck.
Instead of Ennis running sideways and turning it back in, last year he was running a few metres directly at the markers then he'd pass it to a forward on the burst. The lack of direct play up the middle is killing us.

Another thing is Greg Eastwood and his 2nd phase play, we are missing this badly. We need players like Stagg, Armit and Gordon to start popping the ball off more often.

But obviously attitude is the biggest thing, we need to fix that first.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
agree with you moe....the attitude of the boys is the only possible thing i can think of that is causing us to much problems...in the last 2 weeks we were first to score and we havent been able to carry that on...its like as if they score and then they go backwards

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
agree with you moe....the attitude of the boys is the only possible thing i can think of that is causing us to much problems...in the last 2 weeks we were first to score and we havent been able to carry that on...its like as if they score and then they go backwards

When was the last time you rememebr the team putting ina consistant 80 minute performance? I think we'd need to go back to 2004 to find that kind of play. For seasons we have either started like old men in respirators and came back in the 2nd half or started well and switched off in the 2nd half. This kind of performance almost seems ingrained into the club. When you look at our recent imports from the past season and this one those players seem to be performing at a level far higher than those who have spend several years with the club.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When was the last time you rememebr the team putting ina consistant 80 minute performance? I think we'd need to go back to 2004 to find that kind of play. For seasons we have either started like old men in respirators and came back in the 2nd half or started well and switched off in the 2nd half. This kind of performance almost seems ingrained into the club. When you look at our recent imports from the past season and this one those players seem to be performing at a level far higher than those who have spend several years with the club.
So true!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are quite right. There was a time when our fitness levels were so high that we won by simply wearing down our opponents, then stepping up a gear when they were exhausted. It seems now that every other team in the NRL has high fitness levels except us.

Status
Not open for further replies.