What I Learned From A Man Who Ran 52 Marathons In 52 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
I don't normally post my blog entries here, however; this one is an exception. I had the great fortune to meet a man who ran 52 marathons in 52 weeks over all 7 continents.

Recently I was privileged to meet a man who achieved his goal after major adversity.

Imagine you were married for six years and your partner told you that they wanted to leave you. Imagine that after a grueling eight month interview process you secured a dream job with Google only to have it ripped away from you eighteen months later thanks to the Global Financial Crisis shutting down your office.

After having these kinds of set backs you might think to yourself it would be easy to just move back with your parents, take up a generic job and quit trying in life.

Tristan Miller acted in the opposite.

Tristan sold his house, his car and his possessions to embark on a year long journey around the world to run marathons. Not just any marathons but rather 52 marathons in 52 weeks. Wow!

Doctors told him it was a bad idea for his health, friends at his running club Tribal just thought he was drunk when he told them and the inner voices reminded him that he was throwing away all the wealth he accumulated over the 33 years of his life.

As the story goes he ran his 52 marathons in 52 weeks over 7 continents in 2010.

I’ve personally never ran a marathon (and some day I would like to build my body up to that point), Tristan shared with me some very valuable life lessons;
If you're interested to learn what I picked up, you can find it here...

D

dogsgonewild

Inspirational. I like the emotion is created by motion part. So true for me.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
Inspirational. I like the emotion is created by motion part. So true for me.
Thanks mate

It's easy to be a victim of circumstance and blame the things around you. "I can't achieve what I want to achieve because of work/family/money..."

It's about what you can control and really just getting started, no matter how small the action is.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Solid read C-man. **** 1 marathon a year is tough enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.