What has to change to turn this club around?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Many players we sign are either average or need a really good coach to get the best out of them. Burns, Naden are examples of average players. TPJ is an example of a player who needs a really good coach to keep him on track. Problem is Barrett isn’t that coach.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A cleanout. All players from Des and Pay loser mentality era. Must. Go. Just. Fuck. Off.

Then some new strength and conditioning people that will flog the shit out of these guys and really punish them. Fucken lazy cnts the lot of them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I will say one thing... Whenever we sign a crop of players to suit a particular style, the rules of the game change.

The game is more defence orientated compared to last season and that hasn't helped us at all.

To extend upon this, we have no leader in defence that sets the tone and line speed. Most of our forwards can't wrestle and arm grab. I cannot recall the last time one of our forwards hit someone so hard they got up slowly.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quality coach that gets them playing like a well oiled machine and picks the right players he has at his disposal. And a decent 9 that’s an actual 9 which we have next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need a real leader as coach, someone that can drive the players forward and build confidence and character but also hold players accountable. We need a strong team around the coach. We need a coach and team around him that focus on the key fundamentals and build the team up around their strengths. Constantly changing the roster is not the answer to everything.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I will say one thing... Whenever we sign a crop of players to suit a particular style, the rules of the game change.

The game is more defence orientated compared to last season and that hasn't helped us at all.

To extend upon this, we have no leader in defence that sets the tone and line speed. Most of our forwards can't wrestle and arm grab. I cannot recall the last time one of our forwards hit someone so hard they got up slowly.
We needed way too much anyways, we were lacking points/x-factor last year too.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same old shit from years past with a better squad, we still have dead weight and the new players turn to shit under our system.

If dogs want to see change we need a clean out of players but most importantly coach and co.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The last deadwood needs to be removed from the old era, they're poisoning the team. JMK and JJ, fuk me
Otherwise it won’t be long before some of the new players fall into that mentality.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old shit from years past with a better squad, we still have dead weight and the new players turn to shit under our system.

If dogs want to see change we need a clean out of players but most importantly coach and co.
I agree. It looks like only a very experienced coach would have any chance of turning this club around.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The fact remains that Barret has not improved the team at all since he started. If anything we are worse with better players.

Gould needs to be as ruthless as he was with Cleary and Hook.

He keeps percisting with Penriths formation in attack, however we don't have the half back to pull it off. Anyone can see he needed to be more pragmatic and play half a side with this roster, at least to build some confidence.