What happens when reynolds is healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Okay so we have a good/bad situation.

Mbye has clearly stepped up today against parra. He played well, a lot better then the recent Reynolds.

But, J.R is a lot more experienced, the nsw 5/8 and will have his arm better sooner rather than later.... So what happens next?

My personal opinion is that we are generally not utilising having 4 forwards on the bench, due to the fact tolman/graham/williams/jackson all play HUGE minutes. So i can really see a utility reynolds/mbye as the 4th, dropping one forward.

Utilize the fact that mbye and reynolds are both able to play 5/8th and hooker. Lichaa looks like he needs 10 minutes of each half for rest, and find a nice rotation somewhere in between.

Based on form and fitness, i think reynolds coming on for the final ten of each half as hooker, considering how enthusiastic he is and how he can lift up the player spirits when they are getting tired in those 2 key periods, would be best..

Thoughts?

kirk buttercup

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good problem to have. I think possibly dropping one forward is going to happen against certain opposition but will be very much horses for courses this season . I do expect mbye in and out as he finds his footing at top level , I think des will be careful not to burn him out.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds hasn't been a footballer for atleast a year now. He needs a stint in NSW Cup

D

DoggyStylz

Its ok.... he will do something stupid and get charged again

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Don't know that he needs a stint in NSW cup just yet, but if Mbye is playing well and the side is winning then I don't think Josh should get automatic selection back in the team.

I think as above he could come back on the bench and see how he goes compared to Mbye.

If we are not winning when he is ready to come back then it is a different story altogether.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
I'm not a Mbye fan, but he did some promising stuff last night. Hopefully he can grow on last nights performance and gain the confidence to steer the team around the park. TH was below average last night.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You tear up his contract. Problem solved.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
mbye at 5/8, Reynolds at half and hodkinson needs a stint in nsw cup.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In response to the title question.
He doubles the penalties of the NSW cup side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Or send him to randy orton to RKO him....outtanowhere
I seriously can't believe people are already looking at ways to put him back in the side ffs.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You tear up his contract. Problem solved.
Aha

I seriously can't believe people are already looking at ways to put him back in the side ffs.
He will be back into the side one way or another, regardless of the amount of hissy fits you throw around here

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be the voice of reason and say we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Who knows how Mbye will go?

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Mbye keeps playing like he did last night, who gives a **** about Reynolds.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
All depends on how the halves go for the next five games, we can't really tell yet.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Mbye to half Reynolds to 6 unless Hodko pulls his finger out and does something in the next few rounds. If Hodko pulls his finger out then Hodko 7 Mbye 6 reynolds bench/nsw cup

abedee

Waterboy
Reaction score
i think people forget how good reynolds is when he is on, im not a big fan of his, i think he is to hot headed and has some technique issues but the fact that we made 2 grand finals out of the last three years speaks for its self

reynolds should come off the bench the that way he offers lichaa a break at hooker or can play in the halves

Status
Not open for further replies.