What happens to tolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It is easy to declare blokes like tolman and Eastwood as being a negative in terms of our roster but they are and have been genuine FG players for years and still have plenty to offer. If both of them adjust to what Pay wants next season they will be 2 of the first blokes picked every week and so they should. One is a great ball runner the other a rock solid defender who plays with heart. Yes we would all want our roster to be full of star players but sometimes having good workhorses is just as important. We now have 3 forwards who are world class, a couple coming through and these two blokes with plenty of experience to keep things on an even keel. As I say, as long as they are on board with Pay then they will be a genuine asset to the team.
well said

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NO! it is you who would be talking shit as you stated, because you were the one who so confidently said "RUN FOR AN AVERAGE OF ABOUT 150M" so if you're going to quote a players stats at least make them true and not "exaggerated" to suit your argument.
Yeah righto mate. At least i acknowledged this in my follow up statement.
You on the other hand though.....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woods
Klemmer
Fualalo
Tualau

Are all better than tolman

No room for tolman

Bye bye tolman
Im happy for him to be moved along if we are not footing the bill, but this doesnt mean he is shit. I wouldnt have tualau ahead of him yet. He has potential, but he is raw as fuck and needs a few years of first grade. Fualalo is getting close i have to admit. Offers more go forward, but still very green in the experience stakes. So having tolman tgere to settle the forwards down is not a bad thing.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is easy to declare blokes like tolman and Eastwood as being a negative in terms of our roster but they are and have been genuine FG players for years and still have plenty to offer. If both of them adjust to what Pay wants next season they will be 2 of the first blokes picked every week and so they should. One is a great ball runner the other a rock solid defender who plays with heart. Yes we would all want our roster to be full of star players but sometimes having good workhorses is just as important. We now have 3 forwards who are world class, a couple coming through and these two blokes with plenty of experience to keep things on an even keel. As I say, as long as they are on board with Pay then they will be a genuine asset to the team.
Totally agree. I was giving Eastwood plenty of shit last year because he was playing shit and doing dumb shit like kicking on the 3rd when we are behind on the scoreboard. But like i keep saying to everyone bagging Tolman constantly, i think everyone deserves somewhat of a clean slate next year. Even Eastwood.
Im very confident our forward pack will be on a different level next year. And im confident Pay wont be fucking around with this, 'make your forwards halfbacks' shit that hasler was. They will run hard and straight, and dominate tackles.
Im expecting everyone to lift.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s worked hard for the dogs, but I’d love to see him leave.

Hard work is only part of what’s needed in today’s NRL. You also need talent/impact.

He’s on far too much coin here for what he’s really worth

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah righto mate. At least i acknowledged this in my follow up statement.
You on the other hand though.....
keep spinning shit and "exaggerating" because that's going to give anything you say validity

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make him captain of the NSW CUP side!!! Allow him to lead the young guys, and teach them the attitude required to make it through to first grade! Even though I’m not a fan of his, I definitely think he would make a great leader for the lower grade team!
Spot on

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Tolman is nothing more than a bench player needs to get there head out of there arse. When I say he cant attack I mean his hits ups are ineffictive. His too slow des or des no one can fix his speed. And the comment on his average run metres per game please lol. Average 118m per game is pathetic when you touch the ball a thousand times per set and play 80 mins a game regularly.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Tolman is nothing more than a bench player needs to get there head out of there arse. When I say he cant attack I mean his hits ups are ineffictive. His too slow des or des no one can fix his speed. And the comment on his average run metres per game please lol. Average 118m per game is pathetic when you touch the ball a thousand times per set and play 80 mins a game regularly.
A bench player that as You say provides no attack??? Waste of a bench spot. Someone needs to be in the team to tackle their arse off and help lichaa. Woods, klemmer, rfm, Danny f, none of these guys are going to churn through 40 tackles a game. With your line up lichaa will be stuffed and we will get the same crap we’ve had for the past 3 years from him minus the last three games of 2017.
If he only comes off the bench for 30 mins how is he going to give 3 players a rest?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gee mate. What are you doing on here and using common sense. No place for it here.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bench player that as You say provides no attack??? Waste of a bench spot. Someone needs to be in the team to tackle their arse off and help lichaa. Woods, klemmer, rfm, Danny f, none of these guys are going to churn through 40 tackles a game. With your line up lichaa will be stuffed and we will get the same crap we’ve had for the past 3 years from him minus the last three games of 2017.
If he only comes off the bench for 30 mins how is he going to give 3 players a rest?
Did the cowboys have a Tolman type when they won the comp. Did the roosters have a Tolman type player in 2013 when they won the comp? Tolman comes off the bench AS WELL AS OTHER bench fowards to give our starters a rest. Does that spell it out for you.

Besides whats Jackson going to be doing tiddling his thumbs. His there to make a heap of tackles also.

Some players just need to be given a chance to play big minutes everyweek. Examples are Nathan Brown from the eels and kafausi from the storm. Danny F and RFM can be these type of players for us if given the chance to play big mintues. Both Brown and Kafausi played limited mintues prior to this year and look at them now.

Tolman has been a starting player since 2011 for us its time to move our pack has gone backwards and Tolman is the common dimonater. Our team in general is slow the last thing we need is Tolman blanting our attack with his slow hitups.

Off the bench when the sting is out of the game he might be a bit more effective.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im happy for him to be moved along if we are not footing the bill, but this doesnt mean he is shit. I wouldnt have tualau ahead of him yet. He has potential, but he is raw as fuck and needs a few years of first grade. Fualalo is getting close i have to admit. Offers more go forward, but still very green in the experience stakes. So having tolman tgere to settle the forwards down is not a bad thing.
Tualau showed more potential to me last season than what tolman has in 5 seasons.

Keeping tolman means tualau doesn't get that vital experience in 1st grade for 2018.

I'd rather just cut my losses with desball and be rid of tolman too, even if we have to fork out the money, stuff him, we've got forwards with more potential ready to make the step up

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did the cowboys have a Tolman type when they won the comp. Did the roosters have a Tolman type player in 2013 when they won the comp? (quote)

Every team has its share of steady workhorses. They cant all be superstars. Cowboys had Bolton and Cooper etc, who are just above average, but good workhorses.
Roosters had Evans, Guerra, etc who are basically workhorses. Every team needs them and we need Tolman.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im talking about starting players. Bolton came off the bench when cowboys won the comp. Evans and Gurrea workhores lol please. Give me a break.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did the cowboys have a Tolman type when they won the comp. Did the roosters have a Tolman type player in 2013 when they won the comp? Tolman comes off the bench AS WELL AS OTHER bench fowards to give our starters a rest. Does that spell it out for you.

Besides whats Jackson going to be doing tiddling his thumbs. His there to make a heap of tackles also.

Some players just need to be given a chance to play big minutes everyweek. Examples are Nathan Brown from the eels and kafausi from the storm. Danny F and RFM can be these type of players for us if given the chance to play big mintues. Both Brown and Kafausi played limited mintues prior to this year and look at them now.

Tolman has been a starting player since 2011 for us its time to move our pack has gone backwards and Tolman is the common dimonater. Our team in general is slow the last thing we need is Tolman blanting our attack with his slow hitups.

Off the bench when the sting is out of the game he might be a bit more effective.
Jackson has already spent the last two

no those two teams had absolute freak players in sbw and taumalolo. We don’t have that luxury so need someone to ease the load on our forwards that do have a slight attacking flair to enable them to show it. Does that spell it out for you?
We don’t have the superstar team that those two squads do. We need to squeeze every bit out of the players we have. If we had a Thurston, Maloney, sbw, taumalolo, rts to create points then fine tolman can go but fact of the matter is we don’t so need lichaa to have something in the tank for attack. Not be buggered like des has had him the last 3 years

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shift to the second row, Woods second phase offloads is what we have been screaming for.

danlemon

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think tolman has to start, he would be useless coming off the bench for 20-30.
But saying that, it could see someone like Danny f or rfm miss out.
The biggest problem I see is Rhys Martin - the best goal kicker the club has and after watching him in the rlwc surely pay can find him a spot in the side as well.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay looks to be committing to a traditional dogs forward pack so we should see our forwards being more direct with the ability to pass. I can certainly see RFM moving into starting line up based on what Pay would be looking for. The interesting thing will be who Dean sees as being capable of transitioning to the style he wants. Personally I think Tolman is in the 17 because he has a proven motor & a big body. For mine, without the benefit of knowing what junior talent is coming through;

Run on: Woods, Lichaa, Klemmer, RFM, ???, Jackson (C)

Res: Tolman, Danny F (for prop rotation), Nu Brown for dummy half

That leaves Tualau, Elliot, Eastwood as contenders for that final spot including new buys and promising juniors.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay looks to be committing to a traditional dogs forward pack so we should see our forwards being more direct with the ability to pass. I can certainly see RFM moving into starting line up based on what Pay would be looking for. The interesting thing will be who Dean sees as being capable of transitioning to the style he wants. Personally I think Tolman is in the 17 because he has a proven motor & a big body. For mine, without the benefit of knowing what junior talent is coming through;

Run on: Woods, Lichaa, Klemmer, RFM, ???, Jackson (C)

Res: Tolman, Danny F (for prop rotation), Nu Brown for dummy half

That leaves Tualau, Elliot, Eastwood as contenders for that final spot including new buys and promising juniors.
Totally agree thats the best run on pack we have. Id put Danny F in there to start at lock. Fuck I wish we still had Dale Finacane to be our lock. Just another 1 of Des great recruitment decsions.

Status
Not open for further replies.