What happened to the True Bulldog Supporter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Believe me or not I only care about effort bro. Win or lose I want them to play like Bulldogs. Show us that they care and actually want to win.

I can honestly say I haven't seen effort for a while now.
I thought we played with plenty of effort,
I think we just play extreamly dumb, and Fo extreamly dumb mistakes at extreamly dumb times,

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So what are you saying... You happy that we don't have immortals and million dollar players. Or your happy that we sent throwing that sort of money at them?
Plus I always like to look to the future. Are you happy with the direction the club is at with the junior levels? We once had stars coming through the ranks like water. What's happened now?
Happy no not really... But its not like u can go and buy Smiths, Cronks and Thurstons whilst holding on to a team that is well established across the park. Its a Difficult thing to have, a strong team for so many years and the dogs have had one and will have one for many years to come. To me that is very good management.

As for juniors well, we have lost some staff such as Mullholland for recruitment which prob screwed things up but the fact we have a young team will help in that department. Also the fact we have heavily recruited in the lower grades recently will surely change things up. I also think losing key figures like Johnstone which probably shouldn't have happened have change things at the club but then again its a buso and who knows why it happened.

Belmorian

Waterboy
Reaction score
What happened to the True Bulldog Supporter?? It partly died with Peter Moore and his bulldog club.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des and Raelene are safe whilever we have suporters who feel close enough is good enough.

I have no idea why people want to force me to feel a certain way.

If you're happy with what's being dished up good luck to you but don't tell others they're not good suporters or that we should ignore the clear shortcomings of the club.

If we didn't love the club we wouldn't feel disappointed about things.
Short comings? Not making the finals is a short coming, making a couple of Gfz and being competitive year in year out is probably as good as it gets in this game. As I said before sometimes it just don't work out when u get to the big day.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Dogs of Bore happened.

Des is the best coach available FACT

WE NEED GREAT SIGNINGS IN THE OFF SEASON. NO MORE HALF BAKED EXPERIMENTS AT FULLBACK.
Hopoate at fullback is basically 2014 all over again. Perret at fullback vs hoppa = no difference

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We play a shit game buddy, open your eyes.
I agree bud but seriously would u rather be knocked out of the comp playing fancy footy like the tigers who basically are playing Hasler's old game plan that he used at manly 10 years ago?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Dogs of Bore happened.

Des is the best coach available FACT

WE NEED GREAT SIGNINGS IN THE OFF SEASON. NO MORE HALF BAKED EXPERIMENTS AT FULLBACK.
Hopoate at fullback is basically 2014 all over again. Would not make a difference if Perret played fullback right now
Oh for sure dude I'm with you. But we have to play with what we got right now and that's what Hasler is doing. Complaining about it isn't going to change things because I'm pretty sure one of the best coaches in the game knows what he is doing.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Believe me or not I only care about effort bro. Win or lose I want them to play like Bulldogs. Show us that they care and actually want to win.

I can honestly say I haven't seen effort for a while now.
You reckon, poor ***** have been fighting at times. I'm sure come finals things should change but if it doesn't than my next post will defo be HASLER WTF!

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
The club has lost all its fucking culture and is mostly supported in the same way people support olympic athletes, actors or musicians.

Right now I am more unhappy with the state of the club off field then whats going on on the field.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh for sure dude I'm with you. But we have to play with what we got right now and that's what Hasler is doing. Complaining about it isn't going to change things because I'm pretty sure one of the best coaches in the game knows what he is doing.
It feels like we are going stale in attack that is all. I still laugh at how we managed to do so well in 2014 with our backline Brown, Perret etc.. Also 2012 with Keating and Reynolds as halves lol. Hasler has proven he can lift average players to another level, he just doesn't have that cutting edge in attack like he did with Manly. To be fair if Barba wasn't such a rat he could have built a decent spine. He had loyal players at Manly which helped alot.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Short comings? Not making the finals is a short coming, making a couple of Gfz and being competitive year in year out is probably as good as it gets in this game. As I said before sometimes it just don't work out when u get to the big day.
Shortcomings = things like not having a proper fullback since the general, not recruiting properly in the halves, not having a second high quality winger among other things.

Imagine the team we could be if things like that were addressed.

But some supporters want us to ignore things and kiss the ground that des and raelene walk on because we made 2 grand finals. Sorry but I'm not a sheep and even the most successful organisations recognise you have to keep doing things better even if they are on top of their game but hey premierships aren't a priority for our ceo and we got close so it's all good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I also know we are in the clubs second longest period without a premiership.. don't you think that's why many fans are somewhat pissed off???

I know what the team / roster is capable of, and I am sick and frustrated that despite a decent team on paper, nobody seems to be able to perform together as a team for 80 minutes.

THAT is why people get negative... and THAT is why fans get pissed off.

We DESERVE to be a better more entertaining team when you look at our side on paper, yet somewhere between the team list and the team performance, everything falls to shit and we serve up rubbish like the players don't even care what the fans think (they get paid regardless).

Heck a prime example of this is Dutchy smiling and carrying on in the post game interview.. the dude had a shocker of a game and shouldn't be smiling from ear to ear. Show some respect for the jersey and the fans paying hard earned money to watch you serve up rubbish then smile like an idiot after the game in an interview.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It feels like we are going stale in attack that is all. I still laugh at how we managed to do so well in 2014 with our backline Brown, Perret etc.. Also 2012 with Keating and Reynolds as halves lol. Hasler has proven he can lift average players to another level, he just doesn't have that cutting edge in attack like he did with Manly. To be fair if Barba wasn't such a rat he could have built a decent spine. He had loyal players at Manly which helped alot.
That's proof his a good coach. We cant play that manly style anymore, its outdated and easy to defend against these days.

As for the tight nit group He was doing the same here that's why he got Lichaa... Klem, Lich and Mbye are close mates. Mariner and Abbey are close too. The morris twins are best mates and everyone looks to gel well. Hopefully this team building can last and continue once the oldies go which should mean we have a bright future.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Also .. rentention of players and forward planning is garbage at our club.

So you let Perrett retire and release Rona... and in place sign a rather average winger who can't catch a high ball to save his life.

* That said if Abbey keeps going like he has the last few weeks, he might push for a try in first grade.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please define a true bulldogs team? I thought the bulldogs were a team that were always at the top of the game.... Last time I checked we weren't called the Parramatta bulldogs winning wooden spoons.

And I might not have 50 yrs of Bulldog blood in me but I have enough to know our forwards dont all look like Sonny Bill Wiliiams.

Robert Relf
Barry Ward
Darren Brit
Dean Pay
Jim Dymock
Brohman
Bella
Mason
Omeley

And that's just off the top of my head.

And that Manly mole has almost won u a couple of premierships.
That manly mole jeopardised the best chance at premiership glory in 2015 by ripping out the guts of our team and destroying the momentum .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You reckon, poor ***** have been fighting at times. I'm sure come finals things should change but if it doesn't than my next post will defo be HASLER WTF!
They fight in the last 10mins when the game is already lost.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I also know we are in the clubs second longest period without a premiership.. don't you think that's why many fans are somewhat pissed off???

I know what the team / roster is capable of, and I am sick and frustrated that despite a decent team on paper, nobody seems to be able to perform together as a team for 80 minutes.

THAT is why people get negative... and THAT is why fans get pissed off.

We DESERVE to be a better more entertaining team when you look at our side on paper, yet somewhere between the team list and the team performance, everything falls to shit and we serve up rubbish like the players don't even care what the fans think (they get paid regardless).

Heck a prime example of this is Dutchy smiling and carrying on in the post game interview.. the dude had a shocker of a game and shouldn't be smiling from ear to ear. Show some respect for the jersey and the fans paying hard earned money to watch you serve up rubbish then smile like an idiot after the game in an interview.
Exactly right

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the players obviously try its just our game plan and tactics are rubbish. And even if our players are bad, in the end its still Des's fault as he's been here for 5 years and this team was built by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.