What happened Kennel last time with mass team changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you were one of the people calling for changes to be made. We all were tbh. So really, we dont ha e the right to complain after changes are made.
For the record, I think changes are exactly what are needed. He has remained mostly loyal, but if results aren't going our way then the players are on notice.
Hasler made a habit of not dropping underperforming players, and now pay is making a habit of dropping underperforming players. But at the end of the day people are pissed off either way.
Everyone seems to want their cake but eat it too.
In my opinion, the wrong guys are getting dropped and promoted. That's part of the problem.

Meaney should have started the year at fullback, Holland and Smith should never have been split up. Lichaa should never have been on the bench.

Montoya shouldn't have been picked in the centres. Ogden should get more minutes and should never have been dropped. CHN should have been starting all along. RFM should have been on the bench before getting injured.. Sue shouldn't be back in FG ahead of Renouf now that he's fit...

Elliott shouldn't play as many minutes and should have been dropped if Martin was dropped... Okunbur needs time in reserves to work on his defence and handling...

These are all just my opinions but many of these decisions Pay has made have backfired. If Pay had made more shrewd moves up until now, we would all be a lot more patient regardless of our ladder position.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the club can start the muticultural days again handing out free tzatziki dips the emotions will be much more positive..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
In my opinion, the wrong guys are getting dropped and promoted. That's part of the problem.
Meaney should have started the year at fullback, Holland and Smith should never have been split up. Lichaa should never have been on the bench.
Montoya shouldn't have been picked in the centres. Ogden should get more minutes and should never have been dropped. CHN should have been starting all along. RFM should have been on the bench before getting injured.. Sue shouldn't be back in FG ahead of Renouf now that he's fit...
Elliott shouldn't play as many minutes and should have been dropped if Martin was dropped... Okunbur needs time in reserves to work on his defence and handling...
These are all just my opinions but many of these decisions Pay has made have backfired. If Pay had made more shrewd moves up until now, we would all be a lot more patient regardless of our ladder position.
Let me make sure I have this right, what you are complaining about is the coaching staff dropping and promoting players based on form (leaving aside injuries and other issues). That they aren't allowed to change their mind on players, that look the goods in a couple of games and then fail even after being given a second chance. That they should pick and stick, have made every decision right he first time and never have to change anything.

That in comparison you were right the first time and never ever changed your thinking on a player, hang on;

Lewis is our best half
Lewis has done nothing to justify his spot
Did you not change your mind after watching the games unfold? Aren't you being just a bit hypocritical in complaining about others doing the same?

Go Dogs

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m all for changes but to bring in Montoya is suicide. It’s badluck chn isn’t there but I would have reshuffled a little and got Harper in one game to see how he handles grade. If Montoya is partnering Okunbor then Newcastle are going to have a field day scoring that side of the field

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let me make sure I have this right, what you are complaining about is the coaching staff dropping and promoting players based on form (leaving aside injuries and other issues). That they aren't allowed to change their mind on players, that look the goods in a couple of games and then fail even after being given a second chance. That they should pick and stick, have made every decision right he first time and never have to change anything.

That in comparison you were right the first time and never ever changed your thinking on a player, hang on;

Did you not change your mind after watching the games unfold? Aren't you being just a bit hypocritical in complaining about others doing the same?

Go Dogs
What the are you talking about? Did I reference Lewis in my list? No, because he deserved to be dropped on form. Of course players should be dropped on form.

Martin and Ogden certainly didn't deserve to be dropped ahead of Okunbur, Elliott and Sue amongst others.

Stop trying to nitpick everything and maybe accept the possibility that everything Pay does isn't a masterstroke. Sorry for suggesting otherwise.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What the are you talking about? Did I reference Lewis in my list? No, because he deserved to be dropped on form. Of course players should be dropped on form.
Martin and Ogden certainly didn't deserve to be dropped ahead of Okunbur, Elliott and Sue amongst others.
The point was you changed your mind on a player (I gave an example, there are plenty more).
You complain when the coaching staff changes their mind on a player/players.
I was simply demonstrating that it would be hypocritical to complain about something in others and then do exactly the same thing oneself.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The point was you changed your mind on a player (I gave an example, there are plenty more).
I was simply demonstrating that it would be hypocritical to complain about something in others and then do exactly the same thing oneself.

Go Dogs
How many times in this thread have I said there is nothing wrong with changes? But when you make mass changes every second week, and don't drop players who deserve to be dropped because you play favourites, and also archaic tactics and mind boggling bench rotations, then that is what I have an issue with....

But I won't waste my time any further on this subject because clearly for quite a seemingly intelligent person, you struggle to comprehend basic things sometimes because you get too caught up in trying to prove people wrong and show what a superior fan you are for never questioning anything the club does. When all it really does is show how naive and oblivious you are.

So you win, you're right, I'm wrong, Pay is a genius. Go Dogs. Happy now?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I love it when people go off half cocked about major changes before the teams even 100% confirmed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love it when people go off half cocked about major changes before the teams even 100% confirmed.
It's not about this week. Or just changes. It's this whole season on top of all of last season. Stop making it seem like we're all a bunch of hysterical irrational fairweather fans who don't have a right to have an opinion on a team that is coming stone motherless last.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Yawn...Yawn...Yawn again

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not about this week. Or just changes. It's this whole season on top of all of last season. Stop making it seem like we're all a bunch of hysterical irrational fairweather fans who don't have a right to have an opinion on a team that is coming stone motherless last.
What you are doing is putting your opinion above the opinion of the coach. I'm sure he doesn't do things on a whim.
He basically lives with these guys and knows their strengths and weaknesses.
He sees them train and has input from the medical staff as well as from his assistants.
I know very well who's opinion I would favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.