What dogs players have suprised you so far this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are 6 rounds into the season and there has been plenty of suprises thrown up. Of course the whole side has gelled together very quickly which has suprised me the most but when it comes to individual players the biggest suprise for me has been the work ethic of Ben Hannant. At brisbane I saw him more of a Mark O'Mealy type who bashed it up for 20min went off but never made 40+ tackles but this year Hannant has consistantly played more mins and made more tackles then previous years. He and Stagg have been top buys.
Any thoughts?

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Kimmorely.

The difference he made is astonishing.

And Roberts.

I was a Roberts basher... but he more than turned himself around.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
All the buys have been great tbh. Stagg always gives 1000% and love him for that. Roberts has really suprised me and I am glad that he is turning his life around!
Also I didn't expect anything from Goodwin but he has been very entertaining to watch also..

And the obvious ones like Ennis, Kimmorley and Hannant ofcourse..
Ryan and Patten are also back to their best. Honestly, they're too many players to choose from.. which is a good thing!

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Matt Utai. Surprised me in the way that he has played so poorly. Especially his style of play moving into the forwards. Getting more time to learn a position doesn't take away junior skills of how to hold and catch a ball.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bryson Goodwin. I think our best buy was BK. BUt coming into this season i expected BK to be awesome and be what we needed, but i didnt give Bryson much thought. Working with Ennis and others this year he has been awesome. Scoring tries all over the place.

afghan4life

Beastwood
Reaction score
Matt Utai. Surprised me in the way that he has played so poorly. Especially his style of play moving into the forwards. Getting more time to learn a position doesn't take away junior skills of how to hold and catch a ball.
yea lol
i dont know why moore picked him in the first place

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts ofc
and millard has been quite solid

P

Promiscuous

Not one bloke is playing bad. But there are players like Bryson Goodwin and David Stagg who are going better than I expected.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Goodwin I always rated and thought he would do well and Roberts I had hopes for and was of the opinion that with Ennis and Noddy there he could thrive.

Stagg, Hannant, Noddy, Hodgson, Ennis and Morris are all doing as was anticipated and more and proving what great buys they were at the time. No surpirses with any of those guys at all.

The main surprise would have to one of our players who has been here for years in Armit. He has completely transformed himself from the past few years and got back to near his great form of 2005.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Chris Armit and Ben Roberts.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryson Goodwin
Ben Roberts
David Stagg
Chris Armit

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^yes so many little surprises...oh its like openning up a box of chocolate roses...knew theyre would be some good ones but its the ones that that surprise you that make the smile.
goodwin-young but knows the way to the tryline and not a hog.
ennis-hes hecktic
hannatt-im very surprised at his workrate...big heart
hodgson-hes the stiff prop needed up front
stagg-hes close to the best backrower going around at present imo
eastwood-remember he is getting fitter with evry match...he got that x factor
kimmorley-as predicted...a champion
gorden-getting there

roberts-has his own game now...cool
armit-he has added some starch to his running game and can slip that sneaky pass
ryan-running some real good lines now

utai...wish someone could put superglue on his hands..oh dear.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
roberts because he has improved so much since last year and with the help of noddy has taken his game to another level

stagg now i no he is good but he is just such a work hores and never gives up goes for every single tackle

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
The whole team playing so well to start the season

Roberts as he is showing his potential at second receiver and improving as every game passes by.

Goodwin formed a nice combo with Morris on the left flank and been a relevation. Very good buy.

And Armit who has been marvelous of the bench, providing a solid platform when the starting props come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.