What does the postman do with your parcels?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have way too much time on your hands...
Have you ever stopped to think about what happens to your parcels in transit? Surely your fragile delicate goods are not treated with a careful touch?

Back in the day I heard a story of the postman rearranging parcels so as to form soccer goals and then belt a soccer ball at them.

Then the way they are stacked in a van or plane. Your little delicate item at the bottom of two tonns of freight? Bearing the weight of it all?

Your electronic device dunked in a river of salt water? Your fine furniture left in a barn full of horse shit, your glasses used as a rugby union ball punted into touch.

Then after all that the postman drops it to your door chuckling at what it's been through

I found two on the ground in the rain just inside my gate in the rain and another fixed to a spear on my gate with a rubber band both times I was home another time I caught the postie putting a red slip in my letterbox for a package when I was inside the cant won't get off her bike!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I found two on the ground in the rain just inside my gate in the rain and another fixed to a spear on my gate with a rubber band both times I was home another time I caught the postie putting a red slip in my letterbox for a package when I was inside the cant won't get off her bike!
Terrible.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im stockpiling.
I always have a guitar amp build on the go. I have a stereo power amp to build for my records and just a bunch of other random projects Im working through.
I envy you. I'm not very good at electronics, but appreciate the products. No way could I understand the schematics of a valve amp and put one together; though I know guys who can.

The amp I've ordered has to be hand made in China. It's a KT88 design, producing 45 watts. It will replace my Redgum 300 watt Mosfet beast.

Are you playing guitar at present?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's pretty poor.

Years ago I ordered a brooch from Ruth Waterhouse in Tassie. It was to arrive the day before my wife's birthday, but didn't - even though Aust Post said I'd signed for it. Ruth kindly sent me another by overnight courier, at no expense to me.

A few weeks later I was clearing up around some native shrubs at the front of the house, and there was the original parcel, thrown under one of the low lying shrubs. The brooch was in A1 condition, so I returned it to Ruth, with my thanks.

My current postie is a great guy, who always says hello, and makes sure my deliveries are carefully handled. When I'm not home, he will leave parcels in a secluded spot near the door, where they can't be seen from the street.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's pretty poor.

Years ago I ordered a brooch from Ruth Waterhouse in Tassie. It was to arrive the day before my wife's birthday, but didn't - even though Aust Post said I'd signed for it. Ruth kindly sent me another by overnight courier, at no expense to me.

A few weeks later I was clearing up around some native shrubs at the front of the house, and there was the original parcel, thrown under one of the low lying shrubs. The brooch was in A1 condition, so I returned it to Ruth, with my thanks.

My current postie is a great guy, who always says hello, and makes sure my deliveries are carefully handled. When I'm not home, he will leave parcels in a secluded spot near the door, where they can't be seen from the street.
For some stupid reason my street has 2 parts and 4 houses within 200 meters with the same number just with an abcd at the end and in no order so all of us constantly getting each other's parcels. It works out pretty good for me if I get a lazy courier I'll get my parcel wait a few weeks lodge a claim by the time it overlaps its considered lost in delivery they show you a photo of it delivered, you say that's all and well but its not my house.
They soon learn the alphabet pretty fast

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For some stupid reason my street has 2 parts and 4 houses within 200 meters with the same number just with an abcd at the end and in no order so all of us constantly getting each other's parcels. It works out pretty good for me if I get a lazy courier I'll get my parcel wait a few weeks lodge a claim by the time it overlaps its considered lost in delivery they show you a photo of it delivered, you say that's all and well but its not my house.
They soon learn the alphabet pretty fast
Similar sitch - A/B - built a duplex and sold the other. My neighbour and I are good mates so every time there’s a delivery to him that’s not for him he points to my place and says ‘You’ll need to take that where it’s meant to go - just as you were told’. If he’s not home when it arrives he then asks me if it can wait and when it can be takes it to the post office, shows his licence address, shows the delivery address and makes them re-deliver it just for shits and giggles. Since he started doing that I can’t recall a recent issue :-).

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I envy you. I'm not very good at electronics, but appreciate the products. No way could I understand the schematics of a valve amp and put one together; though I know guys who can.

The amp I've ordered has to be hand made in China. It's a KT88 design, producing 45 watts. It will replace my Redgum 300 watt Mosfet beast.

Are you playing guitar at present?
Ill pm you Chris so Im not hijacking Boosts thread.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever stopped to think about what happens to your parcels in transit? Surely your fragile delicate goods are not treated with a careful touch?

Back in the day I heard a story of the postman rearranging parcels so as to form soccer goals and then belt a soccer ball at them.

Then the way they are stacked in a van or plane. Your little delicate item at the bottom of two tonns of freight? Bearing the weight of it all?

Your electronic device dunked in a river of salt water? Your fine furniture left in a barn full of horse shit, your glasses used as a rugby union ball punted into touch.

Then after all that the postman drops it to your door chuckling at what it's been through

I don't know about you, but the only man that handles my parcels is me.