What did people expect?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t recall seeing where you called us for 23, so let’s hear it?
It's in the ladder prediction. I also predicted panther to finish 17.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah nah they didnt but they were idiots for risking..

We were very disjointed which was a massive shame.. Even with Burton in no mans land we should have been cleaner in implementing the game plan.

All G on my end, i cant understand the context behind that loss, for those that cant then i feel sorry for you because you'll be tearing your hair out for a bit longer.
If we dish up more of that crap then it's not even worth watching. We have Storm in the best moment next week, if they can't show something then fuck me

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a kook.

What is he on about doing indigenous dancing and Lebanese drumming in a pre-season??

Then he has the x-ray vision of the Bulldog DNA.

He is a kooky coach.

#Barrett2.0

I am with @Flanagun on this one.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was a case of trying to do too much too quickly.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we dish up more of that crap then it's not even worth watching. We have Storm in the best moment next week, if they can't show something then fuck me

Its always gonna be difficult without a forward pack.. We are literally worse than last year considering we have swapped Vaughan for Sutton.

Gus fcuked up by not keeping Vaughan and shafting Jacko, evident to see. Yes we are building but fark me deputizing a whole forward pack for round 1.. Cap management lmao, CC should be livid.

I reckon we are 2 years away from a solid forward pack considering we are banking on juniors.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciraldo is a kook.

What is he on about doing indigenous dancing and Lebanese drumming in a pre-season??

Then he has the x-ray vision of the Bulldog DNA.

He is a kooky coach.

#Barrett2.0

I am with @Flanagun on this one.
Joining forces with Flannagun is literally calling yourself a kook.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its always gonna be difficult without a forward pack.. We are literally worse than last year considering we have swapped Vaughan for Sutton.

Gus fcuked up by not keeping Vaughan and shafting Jacko, evident to see. Yes we are building but fark me deputizing a whole forward pack for round 1.. CC should be livid.
Vaughan wanted to leave, i know a credible guy on here who confirmed this multiple times

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
To be competitive. The last two games the opposition has got to an unassailable lead.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Vaughan wanted to leave, i know a credible guy on here who confirmed this multiple times
Because he didnt get the dosh he wanted... Would have simply sold Thommo and signed Vaughan.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts are entire season performance is based on 1st 10 weeks (unless get in top 8). Face performing at back end of the year after being out of contention for the 8 means didly squat . Every year since sea final year the team starts winning at back end of the year once they can’t make the 8

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expected 9th - 12th. We've got 2 games to go in the round and we're the only club that has been embarrassed and wasn't competitive. Manly are a fringe top 8 team and this seasons more competitive than ever and we got smashed. I also can't believe the amount of comical errors we made (and most from experienced, quality players). From 2nd trial and round 1 we're now competing for the wooden spoon. Even the Dolphin team (and coach) have me worried when that shouldn't be the case under any circumstances. Our off season has looked to have failed and some roster decisions are looking quite appalling tbh (fullback, halfback, lock in round 1 game, etc).
On a positive, St George haven’t played yet.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Gus fcuked up by not keeping Vaughan and shafting Jacko, evident to see. Yes we are building but fark me deputizing a whole forward pack for round 1.. Cap management lmao, CC should be livid.

I reckon we are 2 years away from a solid forward pack considering we are banking on juniors.
Unacceptable from Gus

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m surprised I’ve seen this asked so many times. I thought it was obvious, Burton saw an opportunity to spread it wide. I recognised this as it happened. I very much doubt he thought Kikau would kick it. People criticise him for “not being a five eighth” yet when he sees an opportunity and it doesn’t work out, the same people want to throw him under the bus. It was a bad option but hindsight is 20/20. I’m not trying to sugar coat it, Burton had a shocker, but it doesn’t mean he is suddenly a bad player. He just had a shit day, but he was very much not alone! ’d only feed Mahoney, Kiraz, King and perhaps RFM and Perham. The rest simply didn’t contribute.

As for the gist of the OP, this is why I find most of the reactions going way overboard. Even before the game many people predicted a flogging lol. Then when it happens they act surprised? Like I said elsewhere, a lot went Manly’s way and not much went our’s. We also didn play well. It happens. Expecting a 10th to 8th finish this season may be optimistic, but a performance like yesterday doesn’t guarantee we ca’t still finish around there. It’s just ONE game.
I’d have to check the replay to confirm but from memory only Kikau and fox were wider than Burton and there were plenty of defenders in front of them. We had just defended an attacking raid and had toiled out to the 30m or so. This was the time to plug a big kick into the corner or roost it high and tackle Neymar just as he caught it…get into the grind and earn yardage. It was not the time for a low percentage spread on the last against too many defenders.

That’s basic first grade game management we don’t have. Any first grade side should have that down pat at the start of the season, and that comes down to coaching. Hopefully CC will fix that in the next couple of weeks