What did people expect?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before everyone jumps down my throat. Hear me out. I genuinely want people to say what they expected this year. Top 4? Top 8? 8-12? 13-17?

And for the first 10 weeks of the season. How many games do people think we will win?

Round 1. Yes disappointing. Dumb plays. But how is that on Ciraldo? Why is our halfback on the last, passing it then to our five eight, then to our second rower to kick? Why didn’t our five eight launch it?

Did people actually expect us to come out and smash Manly by 50? Not going to happen. Was never going to happen. Manly are a good team; most experts have them top 8. Turbo stays fit, top 4. They’re a good footy team with a settled spine.

My thoughts. Yesterday was shit. But there’s plenty to work on. I actually thought our defence was solid and an improvement on years gone by. I expect us to be around 10-12th on the ladder. And we’ll be a slow burn this season. We’ll see our best footy at the back end of the season.

I’m prepared to be 0-5. Maybe 2-8 after 10 rounds. People need to calm the fuck down and give the team time to gel.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
It was always 10th -12th for me, if you haven’t learned to lower your expectations for the dogs well then the disappointment is on you. I know it sucks but it’s gonna take time to get back to our glory days.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Before everyone jumps down my throat. Hear me out. I genuinely want people to say what they expected this year. Top 4? Top 8? 8-12? 13-17?

And for the first 10 weeks of the season. How many games do people think we will win?

Round 1. Yes disappointing. Dumb plays. But how is that on Ciraldo? Why is our halfback on the last, passing it then to our five eight, then to our second rower to kick? Why didn’t our five eight launch it?

Did people actually expect us to come out and smash Manly by 50? Not going to happen. Was never going to happen. Manly are a good team; most experts have them top 8. Turbo stays fit, top 4. They’re a good footy team with a settled spine.

My thoughts. Yesterday was shit. But there’s plenty to work on. I actually thought our defence was solid and an improvement on years gone by. I expect us to be around 10-12th on the ladder. And we’ll be a slow burn this season. We’ll see our best footy at the back end of the season.

I’m prepared to be 0-5. Maybe 2-8 after 10 rounds. People need to calm the fuck down and give the team time to gel.
Try and ignore the toddler tantrums.. Cant forget its TK.

8 new players in the team, an underdone half and you get reffed out of the game but no worries we MUST win! lol TK.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was thinking 9-12

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add in we are missing 2 of our starting 3 middle forwards.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The problem is they are not giving us anything to look forward to with performance like that

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My realistic expectations as it is every year is to show improvement win or lose.
I acknowledge we didnt have Thomo,TPJ, we dont have a 7 and our 5/8 is on the job learning.
I think ladder predictions is stupid, too many variables.
It was our first game, Im not devastated.
My expectations for next week is to improve on this weeks performance, shouldnt be too hard :tearsofjoy:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Expected the players to compete and wear the jersey with pride. It’s all I’ve ever wanted. If they had passion like Reed did for us in only his first game then I think we would be a lot mote positive. So negative comments or not it’s very much warranted!! We’ve put up with this shit as loyal fans for long enough. We want our club to shine.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I expected 9th - 12th. We've got 2 games to go in the round and we're the only club that has been embarrassed and wasn't competitive. Manly are a fringe top 8 team and this seasons more competitive than ever and we got smashed. I also can't believe the amount of comical errors we made (and most from experienced, quality players). From 2nd trial and round 1 we're now competing for the wooden spoon. Even the Dolphin team (and coach) have me worried when that shouldn't be the case under any circumstances. Our off season has looked to have failed and some roster decisions are looking quite appalling tbh (fullback, halfback, lock in round 1 game, etc).

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though we don't have the best squad, I was expecting to be well drilled, get to our kicks on the last, not kicking out on the full at the kick off, be competitive, make the fans proud at least. 7 to 12

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If Burton doesn’t play the worst game of his life and actually took some control, kicked well on the last and provided service to Kikau it’s a 10 point difference game MAX.

Our most influential player had a stinker and nearly every team struggles when that happens.

Burton is to blame for the size of the loss in my opinion but not the only reason we lost.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Truth hurts bro..

Oh and it was rookie coach too with Fcuk all experience in the side.

Even then we still had Manly on the ropes and they even buckled when they threw Trbo back on out of fear of a come back.

There is plenty to work on but plenty there to work with. Such a shame we got no props though.

Last edited: