What did last night mean to me... (and few other fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Awesome read. Love your work 'The Greatest'. Ck and you do an exceptional job on this forum.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Suddenly a spark, and the flame grew bright. Our defence was unbreakable and every pass stuck. The confidence grew, and we chanced our hand with devastating effect. 20 - 0 in the second half, when all was equal again, left no room for complaint that Parra were dudded.

The Dogs actually stood up and announced they were here for 2011.

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After the dust settled on an epic night at ANZ stadium, and after The Dogs came out victorious... I thought I’ll be over it by today, but I am not, I thought I can wipe the smile of my face but I can’t.. So I asked myself why?

Is it because Barba’s freakish ability that we have been waiting for since 2008?

Is it because Ennis, smart sledging, making the most placid player in the NRL chasing around like a bully?

Is it because Idris playing his heart out even though he is Titans bound?

Is it because Payne Punched Rainbow Haynes light out?

Is it because we signed the better Keating for cheap, while they paid overs for a failing Mortimer?

Etc... Etc...

NO... That wasn’t in...The answer simply is because we stood up, which is something I have been waiting on since 2007... We stood up, we took it to them, and we came out victorious.

We started the game like little pups, they dominated us, and they knew it. They ran all over us... and I was saying “Here we go again”... I was pleading, yelling, screaming for our boys to STAND UP...

Then came Payne, and he said I will not be taking this lying down, I will not be taking a backward step.... follow me boys, I’ll show you the way... he looked for the baddest most confident, favourite son, cocky Rainbow Hayne, and took him down...

With a single punch to the temple he announced the arrival of THE BULLDOGS OF OLD...

And all of the sudden the other 16 men around him grew bigger and bigger, Millington was bruising, Pritchard was damaging, Ryan was menacing, Tolman was exceptional... Hodkinson shaped up to Moi Moi and took him down... we were giants, and we weren’t scared... To the extent that The Parramatta players were too scared to even run at them...and by the fulltime sirens the little pups had transformed into a demon bulldog, which can rip shred into anyone, and in comparison the eels transformed into little worms digging holes in the sand to hide.

The reason I love the dogs is because other teams hated playing them. Win or lose we left teams in the past bruised for weeks, we left the Bulldogs mark on them for weeks...Teams feared us, and respected us... we have lost that of late... For 4 years I have been missing that fire, but yesterday, with a single act, it was brought back and brought with it an emphatic win and confidence that we will carry with us.

A SINGLE ACT ANNOUNCED THE ARRIVAL OF THE BULLDOGS OF OLD

And I hope we are here to stay...
Top post G!

Maza

Reaction score
I was proud watching them not give up, to come back and still put points on the board beyond what was "required"

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
The reason I love the dogs is because other teams hated playing them. Win or lose we left teams in the past bruised for weeks, we left the Bulldogs mark on them for weeks...Teams feared us, and respected us... we have lost that of late... For 4 years I have been missing that fire, but yesterday, with a single act, it was brought back and brought with it an emphatic win and confidence that we will carry with us.

A SINGLE ACT ANNOUNCED THE ARRIVAL OF THE BULLDOGS OF OLD
That bit right there is what sums up the DOGS OF WAR.

Have they returned? It's hard to say after that one game. However, the potential to resurrect the DOGS OF WAR is there.

We just have to take whatever it took to fire us up on friday night and BOTTLE IT!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nice TG. The bit I love about it is the ridiculously lame excuses coming from princess Hayne because he knows he is in trouble, whereas Corey Payne is acting like a man and is ready to accept the consequences.

People who don't even follow us have have pointed this out.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope a few players in our 1st grade side reads this post and inspires them to ignite the fire in their bellies.How awesome would that be to see our defensive line stampeding at good speed like gladiators frothing at the mouth from the smell of fear?

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent post, summed it up perfectly

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I will be much happier if we payback the Dragons, don't get me wrong I loved our win against the Eels but they are not a real strong club.
In fact I have money on them for the spoon!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice words TG. I feel eactly what you are saying :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.